Deleted

Replacement Card!

Hello
    I recently tried to fix my broken (artifacts all over the screen) Nvidia 8800 GTS 320mb graphics card by putting it in the oven, but my oven melted the little node-like things off...
    I'm looking for a cheap and quick replacement card £30-£50, could anyone recommend me one!?
    Thanks in advance.

Why would you try to cook you graphics card...?

Anyways the best bet is a 440... but anything in that price range is probably going to be worse than what you had.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Baking a video card and electronics is actually pretty common but is not 100%.

For example, if a soldering joint comes loose or is damaged and your card is out of warranty, the heat from the oven will usually be enough to reseat the joint by melting the lead and reform once it gets cooled off.

It's also a great way to fix electronics which have had water dumped on them. Your phone gets submerged in the pool? Throw that sucker in the oven!

As for replacements in that range, I would say check out the Geforce GT 400/500 series or Radeon 6500 series.