10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Samsung Screen - Signal problems. What more can I try? Help needed.

Hey. First post in this forum, but whatever.

I am kindly asking for help. My Samsung SyncMaster 226BW* is on the verge of death. Short story:

*This Screen

Bought the Screen from a Swedish company called OnOff for about... 5 years ago. Back then I had a 3 year warranty. The screen has served me well and despite that my power supply cable can be unstable I learned to live with it with a few tricks. But now I have encountered an other problem.
    Oh and recently OnOff (a rather big company here in Sweden) completely closed their doors after going bankrupt.

About 2-3 weeks ago my screen started to lose the signal connection to the PC. It starts to emit high-frequent beeps as long as it has power, and the powerbutton will just blink on/off all the time while regularly beeping. In the beginning a normal restart of the PC would do it, but now that won't help it. I've gotta unplug the DVI cable and replug it several times and do at least 2-3 restarts of the PC for the signal to finally pass through. This has to be done every time I want to turn on the PC after having it had switched completely off, regardless of how long it has been off.

I've tried different DVI cables, hell, I tried a VGA cable too, however my graphics card doesn't have any VGA output, so I used a converter that I had lying around, I had never used it before and noticed it was lacking a few of the "pins" that a normal DVI adapter has. And indeed, no signal got through. Didn't even hear any beeps.

Except for trying to find a converter with the correct amount of pins/pigs/whatever u wanna call it on it, is there anything I can do? Advice would be awesome, I'm a proper stud and can't really afford to buy a new screen right now. And I'm really fond of this one.

I don't think I've done a lot, if say anything, for anyone on this subforum yet. I admit that. But I really need your help. Please? :<
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

I had a similar problem before.I brought it to a nearby electronic service.They figured it is something to do with some power part can't remember which exactly.The part + the work cost around 30 euros(may be more in sweden tho,but shouldn't be very expensive).Hope I helped.