10+ Year Old Account

Weird USB problem..

So I'm using an Acer Aspire 5739G laptop for WoWage. http://www.amazon.com/Acer-5739G-695.../dp/B002PIM3DM

Recently however, some weird things have started happening.

To prevent overheating (there were times where my laptop would shut off due to overheating) I blow a fan directly on the hottest part of the laptop as well as propping it up so it gets proper ventilation underneath. The normal laptop coolers generally have tiny fans that aren't in the optimal position. I haven't had a single overheating related shut-down since I started doing this, and all it needs is a small desk-top fan run on the slowest setting.

So the problem is, with my Razer Deathadder plugged into a USB port, it will work just fine. However, if there is any pressure put above the USB port, even the slightest amount, my mouse disconnects. Here's the interesting part, my mouse is still getting power from being plugged in. The middle-mouse button is still lit up, however the pulsing Razer logo is no longer pulsing and just stays black. I have tried disconnecting/reconnecting the USB many times, but the only way the mouse starts working again is if I totally restart my computer.

To circumvent ever having to place my hands on top of my laptop, I resorted to using a USB keyboard in addition to the mouse. While raiding last night, the problem didn't occur once. At work however I am unable to use my USB keyboard and must use my laptops keyboard. Today the problem happened again, and to make matters worse, I wasn't even using or touching the laptop at the time the USB ports stopped working.

I have made sure that all recent updates have been installed, but nothing is fixing my problem for me. Anyone else that uses laptops that have experienced something similar to this? If so, what steps did you need to take to fix it?
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

First of all... You tried any other USB ports for the mouse? Same problem with all ports or just one?

Your description sounds like either the USB port or the mouse cable is physically broken and will cut off when you poke it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    It happens in any port. If it happens, all ports won't work until I restart. It's just odd. I'm starting to think it may be the mouse. It has a nylon cover over the entire cord so I can't see if there's any damage. Feeling the cable, there aren't any kinks or signs of breakage. Maybe I should cut the nylon to be able to inspect the cord better.

When I get home, I will try plugging in my external harddrive and put some pressure on the USB port to see if it has the same reaction.

The downside is when it happened once, I plugged in an entirely different USB mouse and it also didn't work. However I didn't try restarting the comp and using the other USB mouse from the start to see if it happened for any device plugged in. I'll have to mess around with it more and I'll report my findings on whether it's mouse related or laptop related. (i suppose I could have done better on narrowing it down before posting.... next time)
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin