View Poll Results: Should video games be sold with Flash Drives?

Voters
202. This poll is closed
  • Yes

79 39.11%
  • No (for reasons i'm posting below)

59 29.21%
  • I download my games because I'm stuck to my chair and can't go out and buy them

64 31.68%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    fastest internet / download speeds

until we get close to South Korea speeds with insane 17mbps downloads (on average).. i get like 3mbps downloads in the uk. Then no i dont think we are going to be stopping retail just yet.

Deleted
    Flash is way more costly than a blu-ray disc, obviously.

Anyway it doesn't matter much since all sensible people download all software, whether from a licensed store or not.

Also, civilized places have 10mbps or 100mbps fiber to the home at least, so download speed is not an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolisa View Post

Anyway it doesn't matter much since all sensible people download all software, whether from a licensed store or not.

Also, civilized places have 10mbps or 100mbps fiber to the home at least, so download speed is not an issue.
    thats 3mbps is on an 20mbps connection.. and at off-peak times! unless you can download what you want in minutes, there is no way we will see the end of retail. Even less so with console games, as the trade in market is so strong right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolisa View Post

Really? because they're a lot of places in America and other civilized countries without that and I'm not talking about rural areas either.