Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loucy View Post
    Wow doesn't support SLI, i myself is using GTX 670
    Whoa, where'd you get that?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Whoa, where'd you get that?
    Sry it was a typo. It was meant to say 570!

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Both wrong, and this "human eye sees 30fps" crap should be a bannable offense by now.
    I suggested that a couple months ago and got a big NO from mods. I don't know where people get that crap from especially since he just said "i never bothered to look it up". It's just blatant misinformation if he has nothing to support his claim. Not any different if I start telling everyone that onboard video is better than discrete video in every thread about graphic cards.
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2011-11-16 at 04:18 PM.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

try going to the video settings then look at the advance options. there should be an option for max fps. uncheck that box and see if it helps

One thing that no one has mentioned is that addons can mess with frame rates too. Have you tried a fresh installation of WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Menis, what are your nVidia control panel settings? And what's your monitor model? 100hz sounds odd. It could be the refresh rate settings on your card clashing with refresh rate settings ingame. Also try running the game in windowed mode, see if that fixes it?
    vsync is forced off, for first person shooter reasons (same reasons i use 100hz)

monitor - http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CEcQ8wIwAA

Have you tried turning shadows from Ultra down to High? I run a GTX 580 and with shadows on High I maintain 110-160 FPS in Orgrimmar depending on where I am, but if I crank shadows up to Ultra I drop to 50-60 FPS.

If that doesn't help, the only other two options I can think of are either harddrive uptime errors or CPU wear.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    WoW is a CPU whore, as far as I know Blizz haven't updated the infrastructure since single core CPU's were the norm. I'm no expert but maybe try overclocking your CPU and see if that helps.
    I got a Intel i7 920. While WoW is running, with everything maxed out, it never takes more than 40% of the CPU (that is with a lot of websites, itunes, TS and fraps running aswell). I have not overclocked it, and see no reason to do it, as I don't need to.

Try updating your drivers. If that does not work, reset wow to default, and slowly try adding addons, and improving settings, to locate the problem. (some addons kills your FPS if they are not updated/installed right.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnious View Post
    I got a Intel i7 920. While WoW is running, with everything maxed out, it never takes more than 40% of the CPU (that is with a lot of websites, itunes, TS and fraps running aswell). I have not overclocked it, and see no reason to do it, as I don't need to.
    CPU utilization per task manager is an awful method of determining how well a processor is running.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    CPU utilization per task manager is an awful method of determining how well a processor is running.
    I never said "per task" ;-) But by saying what I did, you should be able to understand that my CPU, a 920 is not as powerful as the 960. Conclusion: The 960 should be able to run everything better than a 920.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnious View Post
    I never said "per task" ;-) But by saying what I did, you should be able to understand that my CPU, a 920 is not as powerful as the 960. Conclusion: The 960 should be able to run everything better than a 920.
    Should, but there's also a likely difference in the resolution and settings you two are running. My point being you can't look at the task manager and see that CPU usage is x% and be like "see, it's not working that hard"

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Should, but there's also a likely difference in the resolution and settings you two are running. My point being you can't look at the task manager and see that CPU usage is x% and be like "see, it's not working that hard"
    Makes a lot more sense to me then :-)
    And ofcouse you are right. Not everything comes down to the hardware used, there is a lot more factors playing at suchs thing.