Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridlis View Post
    Ff11 isn't a horrible game. I remember watching shows like X-play giving it's second expansion 8.5 and the such. The classes all play different and when you hit 75 you are allowed to spend merit points on abilities that you think are important to your class(though the list was small). The only thing you chose at the start of the game was race and starting city. Also Flavor isn't a problem, each class played differently, though within boundaries. White mages healed but so did red mages, black mages could cast black magic but so could red mages. There were pet classes and even they played differently. I just think that being allowed to play a different class on a character model you have gotten used to isn't such a bad thing.
    Hm, interesting, I guess I should have tried that game. However, I disagree that flavour will not be a problem. The advanced classes are what defines the playstyle, not the base class selection, the most. There's a massive difference in leveling up a Sage and Shadow as you go and the talent trees are also very different. They should be permanent, I feel.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Aridlis View Post
    Anyone play a old game called ff11? Switching classes, no matter how different they were worked just fine. Don't see why they wouldn't allow it in ToR. Being forced to reroll just to play a new class is a a good bit of work for anyone.
    FFXI didn't have class switching where you could just wake up one day and trade your 75 bard for a 75 ninja. You had to level both classes to 75, as well as compatible sub jobs to 37. In the time it would take you to do that, you could probably get all 16 ACs in TOR to 50.

I do think the FFXI job system is one of the best I've ever seen in an MM

In one way I totally understand why they won't let us change AC, but at the same time I kind of feel discouraged. I would like to try out every single advanced class, but having to level through the same story twice kind of puts me off. Now someone will tell me 'but the story on empire and republic is completely different, why not play the AC on that side?' Good point, but what if I don't enjoy that side? let's take the imperial agent and smuggler as an example. I quite like the idea of an imperial agent, and having played one in the beta for a bit, I'm sure i'd play one in the actual game. However, the whole story behind a smuggler just doesn't appeal to me. I'd never play one, so i'd kind of be forced to play the story of an imperial agent twice if i want to experience both Advanced classes.