Poll: Have you experienced any glitches in Skyrim?

Thread: Skyrim Glitches

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Approaching what I thought was a town (turned out to be an old keep taken over by bandits) I see a man on a horse...kind of bouncing. Off the ground? Yes, he's off the ground, that's cool...wait he's fucking flying. I want a flying horse! /run...oh hey, here he comes...except the horse is on its side? Yep, mounted man on sideways flying horse. Flew over my head and pretty far off into the distance before coming in contact with the ground and skidding to a halt. Man gets up and runs back past me to the town, horse stays there dead. I looted 2 skins and something else (don't remember) off of the horse. I want a sideways flying horse =(
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Only insignificant ones like very occasionally crashing to desktop (making Skyrim run on more RAM via the tweak seems to have fixed this), otherwise on Ultra settings it runs like a charm.

My main gripe would be how aggressive horses are, I'd prefer them to stay or run to a safe distance rather than charge in like a berserker.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The script for the old mage when you go down into Saardhal (sp?) is also broken for me. When we are supposed to split up the dialogue doesn't initiate.

Also when I fast travel, my mount gets stuck in an endless falling loop in Whitehold. :/

Not too concerned about chasing down fixes for every bug, tbh. Pretty disgusted with the game and developer at this point.
    Like i said earlier, I play on PC aswell and experience none of the so called disgusting glitches you do, and i suggest re-installing or trying to verify your games content/patches.

It working bad on your computer but not on a lot of others means you either have it installed wrong, or need to fix a patch.

Just today I fell from a somewhat bone breaking height, on my horse and "Died".
    I say "Died" because I floated down the river like a rag doll until I hit land then my character got back up, huh maybe I juss fell unconscious.
    Later my horse trots up YAY my money was not wasted! "Search Horse" O.o Hokay, Horses are filled with Petty Soul Gems mind you.
    The horse now follows me everywhere fighting, but can not ride it.
    Other than that, had my standard you character is now a arrow and Ice Spear pin cushion.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Deleted
    I had a game-breaking bug in makarath with the prisoners. I tried to kill that silverblood guy and got thrown in jail. Only issue was that I could do nothing about it. couldnt do nothin'. Later I went back 5 levels and re-did everything, the second time it went smooth as butter due to me being unable to die cause my axes hit for so freaking much.
    Now i've got a game-breaking bug where I cannot enjoy the game due to my weapon(s) being too OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a living hell with Esbern. Just about everything that can go wrong with him has.

[COLOR="#EEEEEE"]oh and he made me kill Parthurnaax so now the Greybeards hate me and won't tell me where there are more Words of Power. I hate his fucking guts.[/COLOR]
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

10+ Year Old Account
    The only glitches I recall are when I saw the famed flying mammoth and this one time I killed a dragon but was unable to recover its soul... it just laid there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I talked to this guy, and a bird crashed into him, and then the guy flew away with the bird.

I've never laughed so hard.
    Hahahahhahahaha! That image in my head right now... xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a mammoth spawn on me earlier, and then it like skated(it moved without moving so to speak) like 20 feet away. Other than that, nothing really. I did see a dragon get owned by a troll.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Besides my follower being completely worthless not really.

She usually randomly disappears for 15+ mins at a time. Worst follower AI ever.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dead dragon bones jumped into a door after I fast traveled back to a town, then proceeded to writhe indefinitely because they couldn't fall to the ground while being stuck in the door. Every time I've returned to the town they're still at it.

The floor in the twilight sepulcher doesn't display the moon symbols for your power choices after the first visit and Karliah has vanished as she never returned to the nightingale hall.

Game will randomly crash when Alt + Tabbing out and trying to re-maximize.

Once in the college of winterfell everybody sleeping the dorm or what have you started rotating in their beds using their foot as the axis, so they were floating over the edge of the bed for about 70% of their rotation.

Random slow down at times, random graphical glitches, alt + tab and re maximizing will fix both when they occur.

That's about the extent of the bugs I've experienced thus far, all pretty minor. In the end this has got to be one of the more stable Bethesda games at release. Also probably the best in the series from a game play perspective. I wish they'd update morrowind or daggerfall with this leveling system and graphics.

Glitches? Not so much..

I've got nearly 80 hours on this game and I haven't seen or had anything gamebreaking for me. I play on 360 and the only thing would be the occasional freeze. But I have had a few wtf glitches. I walked into the Bard's College and down stairs to where the cook stays. He was sitting down and had a silver platter stuck to his hand, it was about 6 times the size of him aswell. He just looked at me like " what the fuck you lookin at bitch". And I fast traveled to a standing stone once and got the achievement for finding all of the standing stones, when I have only had only found like 6 of them, and when I looked at my stats it said that I had 14 found. But I might not be running into any glitches cause I haven't done any main story or factions. All that I have done is the Stormcloaks and side quests. Other than that the usual arrow and ice lance stuck in my body and floating weapons where people die at. I have also discovered that if you are sneaking and you walk over a pile of bones, the bones shit bricks and fly everywhere occasionally sending you with them.

a dead lydia floating in front of the warmaiden in whiterun or a jumping dragon skeleton

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    i had a dragon which had a leg bending around it's body and another one that kept wobbling like jelly even when it was dead..you just walk up to it and it starts bouncing away :S
    Weird ragdoll moments have been common in Bethesda games for a very long time. As long as it's not game-breaking, I don't really mind.

I can't do the sprint power attack thing because it locks me into autowalk and things kill me while I am running into a wall. One of the win the forts for the stormcloaks was stopping every half second for 3 seconds, once I won the fort by going to get a coffee and letting the npcs fight for me it ran normally again.

Oh yeah and walking into a shop, knocking over something that flies into a wall and back at me killing me was fun too.
    Last edited by Vulpei; 2011-11-18 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    My main gripe would be how aggressive horses are, I'd prefer them to stay or run to a safe distance rather than charge in like a berserker.
    I sugest you do part of the Dark Brotherhood quests then. That'll take care of your issue.

Deleted
    I have played two characters to level 19 so far. The only bug I found was a flying mace of the giant companions fight as you approach Whiterun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm...Kind of a pointless poll don't you think? Every single game created has glitches.....especially these sandbox rpgs like fallout or elder scrolls. They will prob address most of them with a bug fix patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I sugest you do part of the Dark Brotherhood quests then. That'll take care of your issue.
    Just be careful though because Shadowmere is -not- invincible like in Oblivion. If you let her take too many enemies she'll die.

I haven't found any game breaking glitches yet. Aboout the worst I've gotten so far was a whole in the floor in Windhelm (that I foolishly stepped through), An imperial solider on a flying horse, a floating sword and an arrow sticking out from my head like the silly toy you get to shock people.

Only major bug I can think of is a broken quest, blood on the ice or something like that.