Thread: NCAA football

15+ Year Old Account
    14-0 Alabama. this is looking ugly. Denard can't complete a pass to save his life and they can't run against Bama's Defense...

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    God I hate Denard Robinson. My mottot for this season is "One more year" then Michigan can put in a QB who can actually fucking throw the ball accurately. Two wide open receivers that drive and Denard overthrew them both or threw it outside the route.
    i am so glad that there is a Michigan fan who is not all over Robinson's cock...it really is refreshing to see someone who understands that hes only that great against the weaker teams.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 08:51 PM ----------

oh look Taylor Lewan gets ANOTHER penalty...

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 08:52 PM ----------

Denard 2 for 8 Minimum with a pick...
    Denard hurt on that tackle, guess you shouldnt lead with your head?
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2012-09-02 at 12:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    14-0 Alabama. this is looking ugly. Denard can't complete a pass to save his life and they can't run against Bama's Defense...

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 08:48 PM ----------

i am so glad that there is a Michigan fan who is not all over Robinson's cock...it really is refreshing to see someone who understands that hes only that great against the weaker teams.
    Lol they scored again? I've been flipping between that, Dr Who, and the USC game but stuck with the USC game because Gus Johnson is just the best announcer there is. Gus Johnson+USC football is the best thing to happen to Fox in forever.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 08:53 PM ----------

I flip back to the Michigan game, Denard throws a pick and gets hurt. Ya this game is over not that it wasn't already over. God he is the worst.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-09-02 at 12:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol they scored again? I've been flipping between that, Dr Who, and the USC game but stuck with the USC game because Gus Johnson is just the best announcer there is. Gus Johnson+USC football is the best thing to happen to Fox in forever.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 08:53 PM ----------

I flip back to the Michigan game, Denard throws a pick and gets hurt. Ya this game is over not that it wasn't already over.

its over in the first quarter? coming from a Michigan fan all i can say is ouch man.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya Lacey just shredded the Michigan defense there. This is going to be embarrassing.

15+ Year Old Account
    21-0 in the first. guess whats his nuts is out the door on $3 million....

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there ya go Conscript, Denard takes himself out of the game. Sad part is, Millner didn't even get taken down by Robinson, looks like he spun and got dizzy.

21-0 first quarter. Yeah...
    Ya Lacey just shredded the Michigan defense there. This is going to be embarrassing.
    I don't know who their freshman guy is, but Fowler and Lacy aren't to be taken lightly just because they're not Ingram/Richardson.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-09-02 at 12:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    its over in the first quarter? coming from a Michigan fan all i can say is ouch man.
    This game was over before they took the field. Michigan never had a shot of winning this game. Keeping it close maybe, but no way were they beating Bama.

15+ Year Old Account
    ill refer you to my post where i said i thought this was going to be a blowout.
    idle curiosity, what was your thoughts on Bells performance last night?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well there ya go Conscript, Denard takes himself out of the game. Sad part is, Millner didn't even get taken down by Robinson, looks like he spun and got dizzy.

Good news! If Robinson is hurt Devin Gardner goes in. He is a WORSE version of Robinson in every possible way. Slower runner, equally terrible thrower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good news! If Robinson is hurt Devin Gardner goes in. He is a WORSE version of Robinson in every possible way. Slower runner, equally terrible thrower.
    to be fair they are considering bringing in the freshman...

15+ Year Old Account
    ill refer you to my post where i said i thought this was going to be a blowout.
    idle curiosity, what was your thoughts on Bells performance last night?
    <3. That was my thought on Bell. MSU looks just as good as I thought they would be if they can control the turnovers on tipped passes. I only root against the Spartans in one football game per season. Glad to see their beat Boise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

I don't know who their freshman guy is, but Fowler and Lacy aren't to be taken lightly just because they're not Ingram/Richardson.
    that freshman looks legit.

15+ Year Old Account
    to be fair they are considering bringing in the freshman...
    Can we just call up Shane Morris from high school right now? That dude is going to be a much better QB than anyone on the team right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    <3. That was my thought on Bell. MSU looks just as good as I thought they would be if they can control the turnovers on tipped passes. I only root against the Spartans in one football game per season. Glad to see their beat Boise.
    to be honest though, if we have to have him touch the ball 50 times a game...well...i think he might die of a heart attack. rearange his classes so he can sleep until tuesday morning after a saturday game?

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 08:59 PM ----------

Can we just call up Shane Morris from high school right now? That dude is going to be a much better QB than anyone on the team right now.
    no. he has to graduate first =P.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 09:09 PM ----------

Yeldon is averaging 13 yards per carry or something like that. dear god michigan, do something?

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 09:11 PM ----------

that was a terrible penalty call...

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 09:32 PM ----------

Denard throws a pick 6. game over?

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 10:19 PM ----------

Jesus Alabama should just start that freshman Yeldon, hes a beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, at least Hawai'i won't be shutout this game.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Most of the B1G didn't look very impressive this weekend

Minnesota barely beat UNLV (30-27) x3 OT
    Iowa barely beat Northern Illinois (18-17)
    Michigan State barely beat Boise State (17-13)
    Northwestern barely beat Syracuse (42-41)
    Indiana barely beat Indiana State (24-17)
    Wisconsin barely beat Northern Iowa (26-21)
    Michigan got crushed by Alabama (41-14)

The Penn State loss I expected, they lost a few star players whom transferred to other schools, they have a new head coach, and this is likely Frank Solich's best team he has ever had at Ohio.

Ohio State, Nebraska, and Purdue were the only teams to win by blowouts against non power conference teams. Illinois didn't look that impressive either despite the fact they won by 21, they only had like 250 yards of total offense.

I hope the other teams get it together or most of the B1G is going to suck this year.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-09-02 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post

Ohio State, Nebraska, and Purdue were the only teams to win by blowouts against non power conference teams.

I hope the other teams get it together or most of the B1G is going to suck this year.
    Yeah so glad I went home for labor day weekend rather than watch what had to be a truly pitiful game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post

Minnesota barely beat UNLV (30-27) x3 OT
    Iowa barely beat Northern Illinois (18-17)
    Michigan State barely beat Boise State (17-13)
    Northwestern barely beat Syracuse (42-41)
    Wisconsin barely beat Northern Iowa (26-21)
    Michigan got crushed by Alabama (41-14)

The Penn State loss I expected, they lost a few star players whom transferred to other schools, they have a new head coach, and this is likely Frank Solich's best team he has ever had at Ohio.

Ohio State, Nebraska, and Purdue were the only teams to win by blowouts against non power conference teams. Illinois didn't look that impressive either despite the fact they won by 21, they only had like 250 yards of total offense.

MSU only "Barely beat" Boise State on the scoreboard. if you actually watched the game you know that MSU dominated.
    BSU had 10 points of Spartan turnovers (two tipped balls for picks).
    MSU had over 250 yards more than BSU.
    Leveon Bell outdid the entire BSU offense.
    sure, Maxwell has some cobwebs and rust to shake off, but thats normal, i think the bigger fault was with the recievers (namely Lippett). overall MSU's oline, defense, tight end, and rb did very well.
    im sorry that MSU didnt schedule a 1-AA team like the rest of the B1G did (outside of UM) to play against.
    they actually chose a challenging team, that they beat, in a game with a brand new QB and recieving core. once the QB and WR's get more in sync,MSU will be a lot better.
    i predict MSU and UW playing in the CCG again (ofcourse UW pretty much has an auto slot in it given there division).
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2012-09-02 at 06:45 AM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MSU only "Barely beat" Boise State on the scoreboard. if you actually watched the game you know that MSU dominated.
    BSU had 10 points of Spartan turnovers (two tipped balls for picks).
    MSU had over 250 yards more than BSU.
    Leveon Bell outdid the entire BSU offense.
    sure, Maxwell has some cobwebs and rust to shake off, but thats normal, i think the bigger fault was with the recievers (namely Lippett). overall MSU's oline, defense, tight end, and rb did very well.
    im sorry that MSU didnt schedule a 1-AA team like the rest of the B1G did (outside of UM) to play against.
    they actually chose a challenging team, that they beat, in a game with a brand new QB and recieving core. once the QB and WR's get more in sync,MSU will be a lot better.
    i predict MSU and UW playing in the CCG again (ofcourse UW pretty much has an auto slot in it given there division).
    Your so funny with the MSU dominating you know who "dominated" Alabama that's who dominated. Michigan looked terrible and was never in the game Boise St. was in that game till the end. Sure M.State might have had them in yards but I don't call turning the ball over dominating at all. Maybe its the Big Ten mentality you got going on but in the SEC we call that puckering your a** up because you might be getting Appalachian Stated. Hate to do it but still SEC>Big 10 that's just how it is. Now WARFACE off good luck with Notre Dame in two weeks I hate them hope you all beat them by 50.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2012-09-02 at 06:56 AM.

marcelos11,

Ya they dominated all right, they dominated at turning the ball over (4 times), and getting penalized (10 times for 90 yards). They're lucky to win with those stats. Oh and Syracuse, UNLV, Northern Illinois, and Southern Miss. are all in Division 1.

Also skarsguard,

B1G vs SEC all time series head to head is 108-95-6 with the B1G on top, and this was recounted after the 2011 season. So no. B1G>SEC.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-09-02 at 07:10 AM.