Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I got stuck going to the first one on a date not knowing anything about the Twilight universe before hand and I ended up laughing throughout most of the movie, especially when Edward started sparkling. That was a short date. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post

/thread
    i rofl'd

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

No one could force me to see this.. terrible.. terrible thing. Once this movie is done Twilight will hopefully fade into obscurity where it belongs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    No one could force me to see this.. terrible.. terrible thing. Once this movie is done Twilight will hopefully fade into obscurity where it belongs.
    Good news! Breaking Dawn comes in two parts, pt2 is set for 2012 release

The only good thing about the Twilight movies is that they will provide lots of fodder for bad movie nights for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Immortals was a great film!
    An hour of Mickey Rourke eating and spitting for a 10 min god fight was totally not worth the 3d price, however, I am very lucky my GF has sisters and they are not dragging me to watch Twilight! Most p*rn movies have better acting than Twilight...imo

My oldest sister couldn't convince any of her friends to go with her, or her spouse, or even her mother. So I told her I'd take her. I've read the books so I know what expect, who knows, maybe I can pick up some fangirls.

Deleted
    Read the books, watched the movies up to now. Will probably watch it at some point.

/haters gonna hate

Wow, a lot of haters.
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2011-11-18 at 07:09 PM.

I had real problems with the first one glorifying stalking.

He stands over her and watches her sleep and follows her for weeks. And this is the type of relationship we should be encouraging?!? This is romance?

Seriously, it was fucking creepy, and about 90% of the show is a metaphor for sex anyways.

The fact that girls try and emulate this type of relationship, and think that this type of, lets face it here, dangerous relationship is something to look for is just creepy. Its not romantic, its fucking dangerous.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...-With-Twilight

It's also another of the 'Ohh waahh, Im a woman and completely defenceless without a man to help me all the time'.
    Last edited by Darkdruidelf; 2011-11-18 at 07:11 PM.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

I took my sister to watch the last movie on opening day, the ridiculous fangirls screaming and the vampire decapitations at the end made the movie actually enjoyable..well not the movie it was just that the girls made the experience hilarious. I might have to take her again, but if I do I hope the fangirls will just as crazy as the last time...otherwise I would hate my time being wasted watching the damn thing.

Why dont they just have Justin Bieber appear in the movie. I mean, can you imagine it. Robert P VS. Justin B Oh man. If that doesnt draw even more diluted young girls into watching it, I dont know what would.

I also feel sorry for all you men who are so whipped that your g/f drags you to see it and you pretend you like it. Grow a pair.

I dont want to live on this planet anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mishal View Post
    None of our healers showed up last night for raid. I wonder why.
    Obvious one. All healers are teenage girls

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    I had real problems with the first one glorifying stalking.

He stands over her and watches her sleep and follows her for weeks. And this is the type of relationship we should be encouraging?!? This is romance?

Seriously, it was fucking creepy, and about 90% of the show is a metaphor for sex anyways.

The fact that girls try and emulate this type of relationship, and think that this type of, lets face it here, dangerous relationship is something to look for is just creepy. Its not romantic, its fucking dangerous.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...-With-Twilight

It's also another of the 'Ohh waahh, Im a woman and completely defenceless without a man to help me all the time'.
    Dude, he's a vampire. He eats people and the fact that he watched her sleep bothers you? Rofl.

Also, love stories involving vampires have been around for ages. It's called a fantasy. Calm down, it's harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteWolf View Post
    Dude, he's a vampire. He eats people and the fact that he watched her sleep bothers you? Rofl.

Also, love stories involving vampires have been around for ages. It's called a fantasy. Calm down, it's harmless.
    He stalks her. Look at the metaphors. She cuts herself to help him. She nearly commits suicide for his attention. Plus the whole defenceless woman shit is getting old.

And FYI, he doesnt eat people, isnt that kinda the whole point of him?

And yes, the portrayal of this type of relationship as 'healthy' and 'good' do bother me. Its not healthy or good, its how people end up getting killed. And branding this to the teenage girl market is creepy, objectifying and just generally weird.
    Last edited by Darkdruidelf; 2011-11-18 at 07:42 PM.
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    He stalks her. Look at the metaphors. She cuts herself to help him. She nearly commits suicide for his attention. Plus the whole defenceless woman shit is getting old.

And FYI, he doesnt eat people, isnt that kinda the whole point of him?
    He's 'killed people before' but anyways that's not the point. My point is your expecting a vampire and a human to be able to have a 'healthy relationship'. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Most people understand that vampires aren't real, and that relationships aren't supposed to be like Bella and Edwards. If girls are cutting themselves for attention than the fault lies with the parents, not the movies.

He's 'killed people before' but anyways that's not the point. My point is your expecting a vampire and a human to be able to have a 'healthy relationship'. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Most people understand that vampires aren't real, and that relationships aren't supposed to be like Bella and Edwards. If girls are cutting themselves for attention than the fault lies with the parents, not the movies.
    Doesn't change the fact that the films are about a sparkly stalker and his pet ineffectual angsty helpless and feeble woman, and how sex will take away her soul. In the middle of this is also another guy, and the two are fighting about who gets said woman without giving a single thought to what she wants while she sits in the background cutting herself and crying every time her stalker is too busy to be constantly watching her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't change the fact that the films are about a sparkly stalker and his pet ineffectual angsty helpless and feeble woman, and how sex will take away her soul. In the middle of this is also another guy, and the two are fighting about who gets said woman without giving a single thought to what she wants while she sits in the background cutting herself and crying every time her stalker is too busy to be constantly watching her.
    It's clear to me that you haven't actually sat down and watched the movies so I'm just going to stop with you now.

It's clear to me that you haven't actually sat down and watched the movies so I'm just going to stop with you now.
    Cool, right, someone disagrees with you and you have no clear answer so you just right it off.

GG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivirus View Post
    Short answer: No.

Long answer FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

My girly girl ass roommates tried getting me to watch it, the stuff is stupid as hell =/
    Me thinks someone is jelly of the wolf pack's abs

Deleted
    The plot and writing og the movies is really terrible, if you find it interesting, you are easy to entertain

And yeah I did watch 2 of them