Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturae View Post
    Draenei...oh wait!

These exist, they just aren't important after BC and are often ignored!

I'd like to see more ExoLore. THE NAARU BE WITH YOU!
    Umm.....wrong game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I thought it was the seers, the Mursaat architecture we saw in GW1 and looked NOTHING like Rata Sum...
    The only thing we've ever seen of the Mursaat is their base in the Ring of Fire Islands.

Rata Sum was originally just a ruin of some previous race of inhabitants. Mursaat predate humans...

Also, Arena-Net has said that they have some "really cool things" planned for the Mursaat.

They weren't all wiped out, just put on the severely endangered species list.
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2011-11-20 at 04:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    The only thing we've ever seen of the Mursaat is their base in the Ring of Fire Islands.

Rata Sum was originally just a ruin of some previous race of inhabitants. Mursaat predate humans...

Also, Arena-Net has said that they have some "really cool things" planned for the Mursaat.

They weren't all wiped out, just put on the severely endangered species list.
    The seer predated humans too though lol, and from what we -have0 seen of mursaat architecture it resembles nothing of Rata sum, however we have not seen ANY seer architecture yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Timbermaw!!

Timbermaw! Rwar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    No! They needs to die!
    What if they help you take over th-

Er I mean bake cookies!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuomo11 View Post
    Timbermaw! Rwar!
    Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Wait... seriously? You make an account to post something and you don't even check what subforum you're in?

The seer predated humans too though lol, and from what we have seen of mursaat architecture it resembles nothing of Rata sum, however we have not seen ANY seer architecture yet...
    Oh we have. We just haven't realized it yet. Still though, its more likely that the ruins that Rata Sum were built upon were Mursaat ruins, the name is just too much of a coincidence.
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2011-11-20 at 04:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Centaur.

I even wrote up some fake lore and whatnot and sent it as a "suggestion" to ArenaNet (no reply as of yet). And yes this could happen in my eyes, since we've seen two centaurs defect from their races "lifestyle".

The Centaurian Project

Some Lore I made up, this can be changed or altered in any way that will fit the Ventari race.

A Brief History (taken from Guild Wars 2 Wiki):

Centaurs are a four-legged race of creatures whose features combine equine and human elements. The centaurs of Tyria live in groups known as prides. There are five known prides: the Modniir, Tamini and Harathi of Tyria, the Losaru of the Crystal Desert, and the Veldrunner of Elona. Within the prides of the centaurs, there exist various tribes - such as the Orshad Tribe of the Losaru. After many years with no contact with the beleaguered continent of Elona, it's unclear whether the centaurs of Elona and the Crystal Desert survived Palawa Joko's return and the rise of Kralkatorrik.

The centaurs were one of the races that were displaced by the initial spread of humanity throughout Tyria. In 1072 AE, two centaur prides attempted an alliance but human intervention prevented it - at least for a time. At this time, there was a group of centaurs within the Maguuma Jungle whose pride name was unknown. In recent history, the Modniir centaurs have taken over the Harathi and Tamini breeds and urge them to attack humans in Kryta.
    There have only been two known centaurs to have ever renounced their hatred for humans and went on to live a life of pacifism: Ventari and Ehrgen Windmane.

So I took the “Lore” from the GW2 Wiki and built off of that, and other things that I had read in your novels and had seen in game.

The Ventari:

In recent years, since before the birthing of the Firstborn Sylvari, there has been a new smaller tribe of centaur that have taken to breaking off from their warring brethren to seek a free lifestyle. These centaurs have taken after the teachings of Ventari and Ehrgen Windmane. They have hidden for a long time now, keeping to themselves. Because they knew that if the other tribes had gotten wind of their “treachery” they would’ve been hunted down like prey.

Since the Elder Dragons reappeared, they have made themselves only known to a few people. Queen Jennah being the first they went to, because they knew the humans would be turning swords on them in a heartbeat if they had gone to them for help. Their leader Elghor Proudhoof had regrettably taken a courier prisoner, and told the young man he would come to no harm if he delivered a note to the queen herself. So, wanting his life spared, the courier did as told.

Queen Jennah read the note, and handed it off to Logan, asking him to bring her these “Ventari centaurs” to her, so she could personally address them. She was no stranger to the teachings of Ventari, because the Sylvari had their laws built on his writings that were left to them.

Elghor and a couple of his best bodyguards showed up as asked. Unarmed, they were marched into Divinty’s square. There the queen and her Seraphs were waiting. Elghor kneeled before the queen, pledging what loyalty he could to her. They spoke of past aggressions, and the future of both kingdoms. Elghor knew his other brethren wanted only blood and glory. Elghor explained to the queen of how his own people had pretty much run like criminals in the night just to know freedom from their oppressive tribes. Queen Jennah knew he spoke the truth, seeing the other centaurs dropping their heads while reliving recent memories. She spoke briefly and told Elghor that she would agree to a treaty for now, until the dragons were dealt with, and only then would be speak of a long term peace between this small tribe and her people. Elghor signed the paper in his own blood, swearing his own life and the lives of his people to peace.

After the lengthy meeting, Queen Jennah offered him and his comrades some food and shelter for the night. Unsure of where to put them, she asked Elghor personally. He replied, “A barn or stable will suffice. Niceties are unneeded my queen.”

A couple of days later, Elghor returned. The tribe eagerly looked on as he trotted over to the small podium they had erected for their leader to speak on. Once he was up there, they settled down. He started, “We have peace!” Cheers and braying went up from all around. It took him minutes to get them all to settle down enough to talk again. “We have peace, but only for now. When the last dragon has been dealt with, then we shall see where the humans stand. But for now, we have open trade and when called on, we will fight alongside the humans and any other race that seeks our help. We are the Ventari!”
    Elghor also made it mandatory that each Ventari member get a brand on them, of their choosing, as long as it would be visible to the other races. He preferred to put his own on his back right hip where no armor would cover it up.

More Recent Events:

Since those years ago, Elghor has kept a tight watch on his pride. His discipline is as swift as his hooves in battle, and his love is as wonderful as an open field in the spring. He has also taken up a wife, Hranen the Lovely. Most in the pride chuckle and declare that she is in fact his better half. Elghor is a true Warrior, while Hranen is an Elementalist, something rare among their people. She is also teaching other Ventari how to use such powers for good. She mainly uses water for healing in the Ward, but has been known to conjure up powerful storms when her people are threatened. Elghor himself leads many charges on the agents of the Elder Dragons, and others such as the Flame Legion.

Elghor and Rytlock have even come to terms of a peaceful agreement just as the humans have. While on a trip to Divinity’s Reach, the group had stumbled upon Charr fighting Charr. Confused, Elghor waited until most of the glowing Charr were dead, others scurrying away. He ordered his troupe to finish them off, and gain the other Charr’s trust. And boy did it work. Rytlock watched as the old warrior pulled out an old worn bow. He aimed high, pulled the string, and let it fly off into the distance. The farthest fiery Charr away fell in a heap on the ground. The other Ventari proceeded to cut down the rest of them. Rytlock growled his approval but stood there, watching them closely as his men cleaned up.

After doing the same, Elghor trotted up slowly to the Charr Tribune. They exchanged each other’s name, rank, and what have you. Rytlock told Elghor that he should visit the Black Citadel one day, and bring a gift so that he wouldn’t be cut down on the spot. Elghor did just that.

He gave Rata Sum a visit too when he got used to the Asuran portals better. He also met with the Sylvari, inviting whoever that wanted to come over to their growing village. Soon he had established a base with all the races, and free trade since he was mostly neutral on most topics.

In Game Ventari-

The Ventari are like any other traditional Guild Wars 2 centaur, but they have more customization, a brand placing, and a Biography to choose from. Remember that these centaurs also come from other tribes/prides in order to be free mostly. Below are some examples of Biography choices players will be able to choose for their characters.

After choosing their race/class questions…

Before I came to the Ventari, I was a ____.

Farmer/Rancher/Homesteader- You tend to the crops/animals of your peoples, to make sure that even the centaurs on the front line get food. You've also become very agile at tending to the wild beasts that threaten your flocks.
    Nomad/Merchant- You've given up your sedentary lifestyle of your peoples in search of a new path. You seek the riches of the world, and also to make coin on the side for yourself.
    Sworn Soldier- You are a trained weapon. You are thorough in slaying any enemy that threatens your people, your land, and your way of life. You will gallop/march to the sound of the Great Warhorn, crushing enemies under your hoof!

I value ___ the most.

Freedom: As a new Ventari, you value your newly found freedom. Before you were forced to fight for things you did not even believe in, but now you can seek adventure at your own risk.
    Heritage: You cannot escape your centaur bred values. You have an internal lust to seek battle out there in the open world, hoping to one day find a worthy opponent.
    Peace: You value peace among you and the other races. Peace means that eventually there will be no more squabbling over land or any other discretion.
    Honor: Your fellow Ventari have fought and died for such a cause. You too will follow in their hoof prints. You will not let the Ventari name go down in vain. Death before dishonor.

These and other such questions can be improved upon in anyways you see fit.

Other points of interest-

-Character models would be the same, only with more features than your run of the mill centaur in the game. I would also like to see either tattooing or a “brand” of some sorts that sets them apart from the others. If not, that’s fine too.

-Sizing of the centaur would not be a problem in my eyes. About six to seven feet tall, and about five to six feet long. The slide scale would dictate both of these to me, but separate is nice too.

-Armor on the upper half would be as normal as any other race, but the horse end would get pieces and bits to show off with. I would even maybe like to see different horse tail designs with some of the harder to acquire armor pieces, regardless of their Profession.

-And no, other players cannot mount up and ride the Ventari like a beast of burden.

-Dodging would be more like "skidding" or "hopping" to the side for the centaur because of their body bulk.

A picture is worth a thousand words… Awesome being one of those!

This picture was taken back in April 2010 of a centaur in game. This is a prime example of what I feel you could give to the public in either a Patch, as DLC, or maybe as a future expansion.

I just don’t want to see such a wonderful and beautifully done fantasy race thrown aside anymore. I want a faction of centaurs to revolt, escape, and come back down on their evil brethren with justice!
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2011-11-20 at 05:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if they help you take over th-

Er I mean bake cookies!
    That's the problem!
    Skritt multiply like crazy, so if we don't thin out their numbers they'll eat all my cookies!
    And I need those cookies to use as my cover... I mean... er... to give to... um... visitors to Rata Sum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    -Snip-
    The only issue I see with this the whole deal with Queen Jenna, they are far too submissive for my tastes (goin off of what I know from Zhed) it would be cooler if they rescued a captured group of humans from another group of centaur or something and gotten their audience that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only issue I see with this the whole deal with Queen Jenna, they are far too submissive for my tastes (goin off of what I know from Zhed) it would be cooler if they rescued a captured group of humans from another group of centaur or something and gotten their audience that way.
    Like I said in my first sentence their Lore would be up to ArenaNet, not me. I just put this crappy story together to show how easily followers of Ventari's teachings could be added in, giving us a unique race to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Harpies, I would love for a race of primal-warrior women to become playable (Even though it's a bit of stretch to suddenly have them become friendly and organized for once).

The Seers and Naga also seem quit interesting.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-11-20 at 05:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Like I said in my first sentence their Lore would be up to ArenaNet, not me. I just put this crappy story together to show how easily followers of Ventari's teachings could be added in, giving us a unique race to play.
    True enough, but having two races as followers of Ventari is kinda pushing it.

Arguably they could just be "Silvari with horse parts" when it comes to ideology.

Not saying they are, I just see negativity in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Harpies, I would love for a race of primal-warrior women to be playable.

The Seers and Naga also seem quit interesting.
    There are only like 3 or 4 seers that we know of, one in mineral springs, one in ice caves of sorrow (which is only separated by a frozen lake, so it could just be the same guy), and one in the Ring of Fire islands. If the one on the islands stuck around its pretty safe to say he's dead, as for the one in Mineral Springs, idk... Oh and there's that corpse of one in Zinn's Laboratory.

Oh hey look the wiki says they're all like the same guy, aside from maybe the one in the laboratory.

Naga would be pretty cool.

Forgotten would be as well.

Harpies I'm iffy on cause they can fly...
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2011-11-20 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    Umm.....wrong game
    Why can't I want to see Draenei in GW2? This is a legit alien race of good people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturae View Post
    Why can't I want to see Draenei in GW2? This is a legit alien race of good people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturae
    Draenei...oh wait!

These exist, they just aren't important after BC and are often ignored!

I'd like to see more ExoLore. THE NAARU BE WITH YOU!
    Because of what you said.

Guild Wars doesn't have room for spacegoats and giant crystal spaceships.

10+ Year Old Account
    True enough, but having two races as followers of Ventari is kinda pushing it.

Arguably they could just be "Silvari with horse parts" when it comes to ideology.

Not saying they are, I just see negativity in everything.
    You could argue that, but why not have them? Even if they break off for other reasons (one reason is them being wiped out because they wage war too often with humans and other races). Even if they do share the same views, why not make them like kindred spirits or something? I'm betting ArenaNet could come up with something awesome.

Also the naga-like race would be cool, or the tengu race.

Deleted
    Dwarves of course! I really wanted AN to put them as 6th playable race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Dwarves of course! I really wanted AN to put them as 6th playable race.
    But the dwarves are all dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    But the dwarves are all dead
    not ALL of them...
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    not ALL of them...
    My krewe took care of the last

Seriously though, considering the lore is that only a wee tiny handful remain and are in hiding, it would be rather sad to see Lion's Arch full of flavor of the month dwarves thanks to an expansion.

Deleted
    But... can't they make children? I know it would be hard in such environment but we don't know much about what happened to them after they had followed destroyers. Time is passing , world is changing :P