Healing in SWtoR

I played in the recent beta weekend and i played the jesi sage and the BH healing spec(forgot name) up to the mid 20's and didn't really like how the healing felt. So i have come here to ask anyone who was in the full beta test how the healing is at higher levels/end game. Healing is what i do and its the only thing i enjoy doing in any game i can. I didn't expect much going into the beta(i wasn't planning on buying the game) but having played it and being a minor star wars fan i am starting to consider it. Only if the healing gets better though.

From what I've seen you will need a full time healer come the later levels. It looks to be a fun system similar to WoW's healing model.

It might be easier to answer your questions if you could tell us what you dislike about the healing?

Ooh Ooh I've been looking for someone who can answer healing questions. The information I've found thus far is sort of all over the place and tends to contradict itself.

I've been TOLD that Commando/Mercenary heals are single target direct heals, Sage/Sorc heals are shield and AOE heavy and and operative/scoundrel heals are HoT-heavy.

Is that accurate?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    Ooh Ooh I've been looking for someone who can answer healing questions. The information I've found thus far is sort of all over the place and tends to contradict itself.

I've been TOLD that Commando/Mercenary heals are single target direct heals, Sage/Sorc heals are shield and AOE heavy and and operative/scoundrel heals are HoT-heavy.

Is that accurate?
    Well Operative/Scoundrel does have a group hot heal and a single hot heal. Dunno if that makes them hot heavy, but they do have a few hots.

Hm, I just found the Darth Hater DB. It's a little hard to glean what I want to know but I can dig through it I suppose

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by revasky View Post
    I played in the recent beta weekend and i played the jesi sage and the BH healing spec(forgot name) up to the mid 20's and didn't really like how the healing felt. So i have come here to ask anyone who was in the full beta test how the healing is at higher levels/end game. Healing is what i do and its the only thing i enjoy doing in any game i can. I didn't expect much going into the beta(i wasn't planning on buying the game) but having played it and being a minor star wars fan i am starting to consider it. Only if the healing gets better though.
    i played 2 of the healing classes during my beta and I can really say that you do not start out as a full healer. You work your way towards your specialization over time really. I think that at lv40+ is when a character truly becomes a full healer. Lower levels were all like that

Interesting. Sounds like the BH/Trooper heals are a bit weak ATM, compared to the other two - but I'm guessing that's a balance thing that can be tweaked a bit. I like the concept of turning your basic attack into a heal. I like the cooldowns as well.

Sorc/Sage has the most healing tools it looks like, with Power Word Shield, Healing rain, penance and Battle rez

Operative/Smuggler looks like it has a couple hots, and Power Word Barrier, as well as a battle rez.

I think it is hard to tell from just looking at databases because they don't tell you how much resources it takes to cast the spells.

Deleted
    I think the healing looks great, but then again just my opinion which probably doesn't matter =)