Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    I used to play on a 200-500 ping with broadband and I can remember playing FPS games on dialup with a much higher ping. It's not the game breaker people would have you believe it is.

Deleted
    I have trouble enjoying the game at 150+ ms.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as your connectivity is stable you will have no issues, I raided all summer in the States to the EU servers. ...Dodged Alysrazor's tornados better than most.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

I almost never had less than 300ms ping times for the first 4 years or so that I played WoW. Then all of a sudden, I'm down to 100, maybe as much as 200ms. It's nice, it's a little more responsive, but it really isn't game changing. ping times don't get annoying for me, at least, until they hit about 500ms.

Played WOW for years at 200 to 300 ping. Recently got a cable modem and got away from DSL and the problem was solved.

Aussies say they play at 500 to 600 ping on good days. I really couldn't complain then

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Used to play at 500-800 for like 3 months using wireless internet on my laptop, was stealing from my neighbor xD

Quote Originally Posted by Woeful View Post
    Played WOW for years at 200 to 300 ping. Recently got a cable modem and got away from DSL and the problem was solved.

Aussies say they play at 500 to 600 ping on good days. I really couldn't complain then
    not really we usually play with 200-300

but it infuriates me when they say " oh you can't dodge alys whirlwinds on HM pre nerf" we can it just allot harder and if you cant with less than 150 ping then you're just bad.

Used to play at around 300-500 ms, you eventually get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I did for about 6 of my 7 years playing

Right now im at ~30MS normally, currently a little higher since I'm downloading SWTOR beta
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine normally varies between 100-500, did fine for 5 mans and dailies and etc. Preferred not to raid like that though, as well as no pvp.
    Lately stuck with 1800+ latency at all times, isn't fun.