New build wont start

Put together a new build I ordered today and it doesn't start. I swapped the CMOS jumper back and forth to no avail and reseated the GPU / RAM. I also took out the RAM and tried 1, then the other by itself.

The fans and such spin up, but only for half a second. Any ideas? I'm going nuts, but I have a feeling it might be a faulty mobo.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Pull everything (ram, video card, any other cards, hard drives, etc) except the CPU and see if you get any beep codes. Start from there. If no beep codes, then there's probably an issue with the motherboard or CPU.

Potential PSU issue aswell. Are there any strange smells coming from the PSU? I would describe the smell as something similar to cat urine if you have a badly leaking cap. Also make sure to check your motherboard connectors (both of them). If there is no strange smell then disconnect all your other peripherals and fire it up with the CPU only then start adding components. Also instead of using the power switch on the case use a screw driver to short the two power pins. You may just have a faulty switch, although this is not likely.

What PSU have you got? If it's a cheap low wattage one you may not have enough juice to run everything.

haha don't judge me from this post. But I have enough computer parts floating around that I built a system on my floor using seven year old parts. I figured it was a good idea to rather then using a heatsink on the cpu, to freeze it. And then proceed to give power to my motherboard using a paper clip (build wasn't in a case lol so no power button).

Long story short I fried my motherboard cause a few 2 many wires were touched together lol. Now when ever I start it the fans come on for 1 or 2 seconds, the GPU fires up and then it just dies.

So my moneys on a faulty board.

/disassemble entire build to repackage mobo for RMA
    /realize while doing so that the cpu power line module was "mysteriously" not plugged into PSU
    /FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
    /reassemble entire build and try again, this time with CPU line plugged into PSU
    /tada!

Thanks for the replies though guys.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

almost sounds like you havnt properly fitted your ram, i have done this before they actually take some brute force to get in lol

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    /disassemble entire build to repackage mobo for RMA
    /realize while doing so that the cpu power line module was "mysteriously" not plugged into PSU
    /FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
    /reassemble entire build and try again, this time with CPU line plugged into PSU
    /tada!

Thanks for the replies though guys.
    Haha I did the exact same thing with my newest build. I had everything hooked up, looked over and over it because the fans would start but nothing more, after about an hour I finally see the damn CPU plug, plug it in and, bam, it works.