Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by runeb1980@hotmail.com View Post
    Relative to gear levels, I was nearly always top DPS/HPS and a highly effective tank to boot, so yeah, not my fault people waste their lives on theorycrafting to eek out a few fractions of percentages of damage.

Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that Mists of Pandaria is for children.
    Generalizations like this make me question why are you so bias.
    You throw out opinions rather than facts, they don't add to constructive conversation, they actually detract from it.

MoP is not "for children" that is an opinion, and it is refuted by the game makers themselves.

Edit: Might as well post as to why I'm in this thread, if "Control Undead" is just like "Mind Control" then I'm really depressed.

wow i cant believe we get symbiosis if that shit goes live imma lawl my way to getting fucking chain heal from shammies lawls and i guess u guys can have our WG

Saw a few things i like...

For Warriors will be nice to not be tied to a particular stance. For example Whirlwind has a CD of 6 sec. If it hits 4 or more targets CD is reduced by 6 sec. So if the pull has 4 or more mobs in it, switch to beserker stance and whirlwind like crazy on no CD. Then switch back to battle stance when less than 4 mobs left alive. Should be great AoE damage. Also AoE interrupt Disrupting Shout will be situationally fun, and being able to Bladestorm with my Titan's Grip Fury Warr is a dream come true.

Priest talent Divine Star has no listed mana cost, and only a 30 sec CD. No channeling means set it and forget it, like maybe with lightwell already down and Holy Word: Sanctuary ticking away AoE heals. Those coupled with the lvl 90 talent Vampiric Dominance, (15% of heals goes to 3 low health nearby friendlies) Should amount to great AoE healing.

The first tier Hunter skill Venom Tipped Arrows, stacking DoT added to all attacks, seems very nice.

Shammys, however, can't be complete yet I seem to remember Blizz talking about removing certain totems like Strength of Earth and adding them as auras that emanate from the Shaman itself...don't see anything like that listed anywhere and i can't imagine them removing all the buffs like those from Shamans altogether...Blizz does some crazy stuff but never anything THAT drastic to my recollection.

As far as the trees themselves go, it makes sense to cut them down to bare essentials. With each new expansion the trees were getting longer but rarely offered anything not seen before. If that trend continued eventually they would become too long and cumbersome to balance. By cutting them down it opens the door for future expansion of the trees, so basically Blizz just hit the reset button on them that way they can be expanded again later down the road, giving us the illusion of something new but really just returning to us what we had originally. Can't really support or rage against this until I see how they operate in actual gameplay. If I feel like I've been nerfed by these changes, then bad idea. If it doesn't affect how the classes play in the long run then kudos Blizzard for pulling it off right. Just have to wait and see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigman View Post
    Edit: Might as well post as to why I'm in this thread, if "Control Undead" is just like "Mind Control" then I'm really depressed.
    I'm thinking it's more like Enslave Demon spell. Though that would just make it silly since who in the whole wide world has ever used Enslave Demon?

Quote Originally Posted by Mana23 View Post
    So if I am a druid and I use symbiosis on a death knight I can steal death grip? Or for example use it on a priest take their fear? Not 100% clear on how this is going to work out but looks nice so far.
    if my understanding is correct we can only take spells from the specialization category and not the general class spells.

for example a druid guardian can only take a spell from another class's tank specialization and not just any class spell......so unless DG is a specialize spell in one of the specs then i dont believe its tradeable. and we dont even know to what extent the customization is. as in will blizz let us pick a spell or just give up a specific/random spell

edit yep DG is a class spell not a spec spell so we prolly cant trade for that
    Last edited by Yoda11; 2011-11-23 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sweet bladestorming fury warrior or shockwave fury warrior

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda11 View Post
    if my understanding is correct we can only take spells from the specialization category and not the general class spells.

for example a druid guardian can only take a spell from another class's tank specialization and not just any class spell......so unless DG is a specialize spell in one of the specs then i dont believe its tradeable. and we dont even know to what extent the customization is. as in will blizz let us pick a spell or just give up a specific/random spell
    How I see it is that the spell we get will be defined by the class of our target (eg. Mage) + our own specilatization (resto/feral/guardian/boomkin), but the spell we get will most likely be "always" the same (if all the variables stay the same). What I mean by this is that I'm not too convinced that the spell we get by using Symbiosis will be all that random.

Example 1:

• You are a Balance Druid.
    • You cast Symbiosis on a Arcane Mage.
    • You gain a spell - Arcane Blast (or Arcane Barrage).
    • Arcane Mage gains a spell - Moonfire (or Starfire).
    • Everybody is happy!

Example 2:

• You are Guardian Druid.
    • You cast Symbiosis on a Fire Mage.
    • You gain Frost Armor (or Mirror Image/Time Warp).
    • Fire Mage gains a spell - Innervate (or Cyclone)
    • Everybody is happy!

It very clear that in Example 1 the DPS boost is significantly higher compared to Example 2.
    In a PvE environment this might lead to favoring some classes over others when it comes to Symbiosis spell, but all in all I see it fun addition to already great Druid arsenal.
    Last edited by Aerion; 2011-11-23 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotyc View Post
    Ah, makes sense... i was thinking more AB/AV/BfG/EoTS flags
    Every one keeps talking about the new mage ability. What about the burst of speed rogue ability that will keep them immune to movement impairing effects and a 70% movement speed buff- All for just 60 energy for 4 seconds NO COOLDOWN! Rogues with this talent will be all over the place! I can't wait!

Deleted
    Use alter time. DK yoinks you. You go back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
    How I see it is that the spell we get will be defined by the class of our target (eg. Mage) + our own specilatization (resto/feral/guardian/boomkin), but the spell we get will most likely be "always" the same (if all the variables stay the same). What I mean by this is that I'm not too convinced that the spell we get by using Symbiosis will be all that random.

Example:

• You are a Balance Druid.
    • You cast Symbiosis on a Arcane Mage.
    • You gain a spell - Arcane Blast (or Arcane Barrage).
    • Arcane Mage gains a spell - Moonfire (or Starfire).
    • Everybody is happy!
    It makes no sense for a balance druid have a dps spell from another class, we already have our own and don't need other classes ability (especially because they don't generate solar/lunar energy)

I think the most reasonable thing is that you take an utility spell or a class specific burst spell, something like elemental mastery from shamans in exchange for our starfall or things like that.

Talents, rather than adding depth and complexity, are now reduced to a multiple choice questionaire with talents that generally fit into one of three categories: Levelling, raiding and PvP. Circular logic. I don't like a game marketed toward children (MOP), therefore I am chilidish? Good one, Erasmus.
    There are no choices in todays talent trees, at all. There is a best spec and then there is specs that everyone will yell at you for using, the spec you want you copy from theorycrafting sites. Giving us actual options that affect playstyle insted of dps numbers is a great step in the right direction but if copy paste is more your thing then go ahead and find a game that suits you.

If you were under the impression that running around as a cow on its hind leggs swinging your sword at demons by pressing buttons was a grown up activity you should, you know, grow up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by venomblade77 View Post
    Every one keeps talking about the new mage ability. What about the burst of speed rogue ability that will keep them immune to movement impairing effects and a 70% movement speed buff- All for just 60 energy for 4 seconds NO COOLDOWN! Rogues with this talent will be all over the place! I can't wait!
    Rogues with that talent will be all out of energy if you ask me.

You are right in a sense though. It's a very viable anti-cc talent to roll against Mages and Druids in Arenas, but you are in essence using a lot of energy to just get away from roots that would have ended in 2-3 seconds anyways.

I never copied a single build from anyone, and I had 20 level 85 characters over 7 years. There was never a need to theorycraft in order to come up with the best spec, it was a matter of simple deduction. Cookie-cutter builds were better than what we're being served now.

And I don't think you get to decide the content or tone of my posts.
    I keep asking, but no one answers. How is the current system better than the one being implemented? As I see it, currently you just get to press more buttons when you assign talents, but you're doing so without any choice. The only thing I can see is the 'feeling' that as you level your toon you are somehow contributing to your improvement by assigning talents. For a max level toon, I feel VERY strongly that the new system being implemented is an extreme improvement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    It makes no sense for a balance druid have a dps spell from another class, we already have our own and don't need other classes ability (especially because they don't generate solar/lunar energy)

I think the most reasonable thing is that you take an utility spell or a class specific burst spell, something like elemental mastery from shamans in exchange for our starfall or things like that.
    You might very well be right.

However at this point we just don't know all that much to draw conclusions. It's anyone's guess what it'll be, but I'm just throwing all the possibilities out there.

Considering how Blizzard is approaching talents and such in MoP expansion, you might very well be spot on about the fact that we'll only be getting some useful utility spells by using Symbiosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    Warlocks have been sub-par for the whole of Cataclysm, with a myriad of useless spells and at least one sucky spec. All I can say is; it's been a long time coming.

Oh, whole cataclysm? Cry me a river. Shadows suck in PvP since BC...and whenever warlocks got a nerf for being overpowered then shadows had to take the same nerf although already being weak.

I'd like to offer some clarification on Dispatch/Backstab as I've seen a lot of confusing posts. Plus, there's about 20 pages now.

As of this post:
    Backstab is Subt only, learned at level 40. 60 Energy, requires dagger and behind-target position.

Dispatch is Assassination only, learned at level 70. 30 Energy, requires dagger but there is no positional requirement. From the wording, it seems obvious that this ability is only usable on targets with 35% or less health.

Dispatch is a much better execute mechanic than Sin's Murderous Intent talent. It does more damage than Backstab, positional requirement is removed and it doesn't require 60 energy to use (yes, they cost 30 energy in the end but Backstab with Murderous Intent did require you to pool 60 energy before it could even be used). Not to mention that there won't be any wasted energy, like from using Backstab on a target with 36% health (a mistake I found frustrating).

Also ZeroEdgeir, many pages ago, made a good point that this is a great way to keep both Dispatch and Backstab balanced apart from each other:

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir
    The purpose of this change isn't to give you something new (yet... that is coming, give them time, you aren't the only class lacking in the 85-90 department).

The purpose of this change is to stop facerollers who don't know how to play their class, from speccing Assassination and continuing to use Backstab when Mutilate is superior. This forces you to play the class AS INTENDED. It helps eliminate balance issues, when the intent of the class/spec is more straight-forward, eliminates cross-tree issues of balancing damage output and such.

They wanted Backstab to be the main skill for Subtlety, while Assassination has Mutilate, and Combat has Sinister Strike. Blizzard obviously LIKED the talent-basis behind Assassination's usage of Backstab on low-health targets, so gave them it back again, as an execute-style skill, for the simple fact of making sure that it cannot, in any way, shape, or form, cause any balance issues with damage with Subtlety, because they use separate abilities now. ALOT of classes are being done this way now.

Example:
    Mages: All start with Frostfire Bolt, at level 10, with their spec, get Arcane Blast/Fireball/Frostbolt.

It's to eliminate cross-spec contamination and balance issues.
    [Edit]: I apologize if I've made a double post. New to these forums..

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    I keep asking, but no one answers. How is the current system better than the one being implemented? As I see it, currently you just get to press more buttons when you assign talents, but you're doing so without any choice. The only thing I can see is the 'feeling' that as you level your toon you are somehow contributing to your improvement by assigning talents. For a max level toon, I feel VERY strongly that the new system being implemented is an extreme improvement.
    How is it an improvement? How are roles that have absolutly zero use for most of the talents gonna benefit? Look at holy paladin for example. 3 first tier are worthless. Then comes an ENTIRE tier filled with healing choises and then thinned out again pointless choises.

The choises need to have a meaning for the spec picking it. Thats why Blizzard needs to TOTALLY rethink this system and make every spec have diffent choises. This is maybe not needed for the pure specs of dps - but for the rest, specially the 3 role classes - this is a must.

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blib View Post
    There are no choices in todays talent trees, at all. There is a best spec and then there is specs that everyone will yell at you for using, the spec you want you copy from theorycrafting sites. Giving us actual options that affect playstyle insted of dps numbers is a great step in the right direction but if copy paste is more your thing then go ahead and find a game that suits you.

If you were under the impression that running around as a cow on its hind leggs swinging your sword at demons by pressing buttons was a grown up activity you should, you know, grow up.
    I dont yell at spec today. I yell at the ppl that dont gem and enchant their gear. THAT is real problem. So before you go all crazy about giving ppl choises... maybe realise that those are not really hurting anyone - compared to dumbarses that dont even know what gems and enchants are... and get a way with it every day.

First tier of holy tree as paladin has EVERY SINGLE talent point very viable for playing the game. There is one cockie cutter - but its still gives ppl more choises like now when dungeon runs are becoming a joke. Then I take more dps talents and do a 5-7 k dps instead of standing and doing notihing most of the time.

If I had more choises I would probably spend even fewer on healing talents cause I simply do not need it anymore. Still Im forced to use a "cockie cutter build" that I have no need for in that content.

Secondly - THere are no real choises in many of the new tiers. First tier for palas are all mobility - It doesn't matter wich one you take cause they lead all to the same thing. Same in tier 2 that is CC. In third you get dmg reduction.

So... 3 whole tiers of 9 choises and what am I left with as holy paladin ? 1 speeding talent that gives no benefit to my role. I get a CC ability that helps big fat zero. And I get a tanking ability that again ... does nothing. Those are 3 whole tiers of 45 levels that do absolutly ZERO for a whole spec of certain class playing PVE content. Now.. How brilliant new talent system is that?
    Last edited by Deadanon; 2011-11-23 at 08:37 PM.

Deleted
    Im really looking forward to try out Blinding Light

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post

My thoughts exactly. As a feral, unless I could cast it on a rogue, getting any dps skill from other classes would be useless, but if I get an utility or a cooldown, that would be great, something like pally wings (I'd love that 50% damage druing my berserk xP).

For healers on the other hand it could be a bit more interesting, getting a type of heal you don't have (like Chain Heal from a shaman) and giving the other healer a powerful healing spell from the druid (I would think maybe a HoT, Wild Growth comes to mind, or maybe a strong AoE cooldown, like Tranquility).

The mage spell is friggin ridiculous. Going to be even harder to swap to a mage now. Dk spell is underwhelming. Blinding light was a long time coming (originally a spell for WOTLK). Everything else is just ok.