Demo stat priority (4.3)

Will mastery still be top stat (next to hit) for demo in 4.3 or will it be haste? The 2 stats are fairly close now but the doomguard's triple dipping from mastery is getting fixed, then again mastery is getting buffed to compensate. Also i've heard some talk about incinerate become the filler since the bonus portion of it on immolated targets is being fixed, yes or no on incinerate as a filler?

Quote Originally Posted by jman101 View Post
    Will mastery still be top stat (next to hit) for demo in 4.3 or will it be haste? The 2 stats are fairly close now but the doomguard's triple dipping from mastery is getting fixed, then again mastery is getting buffed to compensate. Also i've heard some talk about incinerate become the filler since the bonus portion of it on immolated targets is being fixed, yes or no on incinerate as a filler?

Download the latest version of Simcraft, import your character, set the flag ptr=1 on the simulation tab after import and find out!

int > hit > sp = mastery > haste = crit

incinerate is filler, MWC can be replaced with DS trinkets
    Last edited by nerdzrool; 2011-11-23 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    I have been simming my character and been on the PTR testing each stat and rotation including glyphs and demons. Problem I find is this. Yes Mastery is indeed still very good stat but when it comes to the filler im too sure that its going to be incinerate.

Currently I am doing overall better damage and dps using still shadow Bolt as a filler. When I go to incinerate as a filler my dps drops and I can not keep the dps up at all begins to drop like a stone.

My item level is 390 with chalice and Darkmoon card. Also been doing some testing with the trinket and found that over all my damage and demon damage is increased when I use Heroic NF and Chalice together instead of the Darkmoon card.

HNF + Chalice = Doom Guard "9469.1 dps" , Fel hunter "7648.9", Fel Guard "3904.9", Ebon Imp "421"

DMC:Volcano + Chalice = Doom Guard "8571.7", Fel Hunter "7466.5", Fel Guard " 3665.7", Ebon Imp "399.21"

"Doom Guard used when All increased intellect procs, also including Mastery increase from Trinkets"

I did a simple test for the duration of incinerate vs Shadow bolt how much damage they do within the 1 min cap of BoD. "No CDS used"

Incinerate"with Immolate" = 30 count
    463543 Damage
    28061 Average Crit

Shadow Bolt = 27 count
    423795 Damage
    34950 Average Crit

So currently this is confusing me big time. With having raid buffs and all CDs used I personally see a bigger increased damage in Shadow Bolt rather then incinerate. "Please not I was using Glyph of Incinerate"

The other side could be that if your meta and Demon soul : Felguard is on Cooldown then I could see casting Incinerate to be the better filler. But once you are in meta form I can see with the Cooldowns used, see shadow bolt becoming the filler then when everythink is on CD incinerate wins again.

Also I have tryed reforging everythink to haste since I was also been testing out Destruction. Had 30% Haste for destruction and tryed it for Demo I see a nice amount of damage so its still unclear for me which would be better.

Deleted
    Alright just done some tests with having Incinerate used when all Cooldowns have been used and Shadow bolt when all CDs are activated and in Meta form. Below are the following results:

Incinerate = 96 Count
    1666216 Damage
    53041 Max Crit
    33045 Average crit

Shadow Bolt = 50 Count
    1602296 Damage
    60535 Max Crit
    51189 Average Crit

I did notice with this test that the CD on Meta was decreased by a huge amount. And Once my Meta form droped off I could see that there was only 20 secs left for it to come back on again. This rotation seems to be a very good choice once MWC is replaced with DS trinkets means faster Meta duration in a fight.

I think from my findings this would be the new rotation for Meta when you have replace the Chalice trinket and have two new DS ones.