Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Your opinion on lightsaber colors(lore wise)

As it is right now in game, if you can make, or if you buy the different color crystals for you lightsaber, you can use it in your blade, this means that jedi can run around with red sabers, and sith with green, blue ones.

Now while i do not have a problem with it, do you see others not caring for this feature.
    Should jedi/sith have to get to a certian light/dark side stage before they should be allowed to do this, should it not be allowed at all or just leave well enough alone.

Going from the movies, the only time you saw a sith with a jedi colored blade was at the end of RotS, where Anakin has devoted himself to the darkside and has become the new sith apprentice, he was still using his blue lightsaber. didnt get a new one or have to make a new one until he was beaten by obi won and ended up in the full Darth Vader outfit we all know.

But does the fact that he was still using his blue blade make it ok, lore wise that we have sith and jedi running around with colors that are associated with the other faction?

This isnt a bitch, pure curiosity as to what others think about this.

I thought the devs have said that red was limited to Empire and blue/green to Republic. The exception is when a Jedi is DS aligned and a Sith LS aligned.
    #TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by Gxeternal View Post
    As it is right now in game, if you can make, or if you buy the different color crystals for you lightsaber, you can use it in your blade, this means that jedi can run around with red sabers, and sith with green, blue ones.

Now while i do not have a problem with it, do you see others not caring for this feature.
    Should jedi/sith have to get to a certian light/dark side stage before they should be allowed to do this, should it not be allowed at all or just leave well enough alone.

Going from the movies, the only time you saw a sith with a jedi colored blade was at the end of RotS, where Anakin has devoted himself to the darkside and has become the new sith apprentice, he was still using his blue lightsaber. didnt get a new one or have to make a new one until he was beaten by obi won and ended up in the full Darth Vader outfit we all know.

But does the fact that he was still using his blue blade make it ok, lore wise that we have sith and jedi running around with colors that are associated with the other faction?

This isnt a bitch, pure curiosity as to what others think about this.

As Yoda would put it... (I think anyways)

Have a problem with it, you do. Spoken your opinion you have.

Red and Purple colour crystals (I think Purple is included in this, it might be Orange) are unusable by anyone with Light Side Rank 1 or higher.

Blue and Green colour crystals are unusable by anyone with Dark Side Rank 1 or higher.

That is how things are working in the current build.

They added a light/dark side restriction to lightsaber colour stones in the new current build

For example - You can't use a green/blue lightsaber colour if you are Dark I or higher

And you can't use a red if you are Light I or higher etc

Ahh that is news to me, i wasnt aware they implemented restrictions on the colors,
    in the last weekend beta i made my jedi guardian a red color crystal and used it in my saber.
    But i dont think he had a light/dark side rank as of that time since he was only around lvl 12 or so

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzbert View Post
    Red and Purple colour crystals (I think Purple is included in this, it might be Orange) are unusable by anyone with Light Side Rank 1 or higher.

Blue and Green colour crystals are unusable by anyone with Dark Side Rank 1 or higher.

That is how things are working in the current build.
    I thought it was just red?

Anyway he's right op. If you float between light 1 and dark 1 you can use any crystal. After that red, blue, green (and purple) are alignment restricted.

Though I believe you already has the color before you passed the allignment threshold you can still use it. Don't quote me on that though

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sith used red synthetic crystals which they made themselves - it became a tradition (they had very limited to no access to natural crystals). These red crystals were more powerful. But it is still just a tradition and a symbol of Sithness and Lordness of the Sith Lord. Sith use different colors either if they are fallen jedi who are unaware of the tradition (Exar Kun), haven't made one yet (Vader) or trying to hide their Dark force affection.

There's no reason for a Jedi to use a red crystal unless he's trying to pass as Sith or ready to defect. Also in KoTOR time period jedi use color crystals as a mark of specific specialization. Jedi Guardians use blue crystals, Sentinels - yellow, Consulars - green. I don't know if this tradition survived the events of KoTOR 2 and made it into TOR.

Basically there's no restriction for crystal colors lore wise.

There are no neutral rewards in the game yet, but they do intend to add them for those wanting to be "grey" Jedi and such.

The colours I have seen are.. red, purple, orange, yellow, green, blue. There is also the black-yellow crystal which is the pre-order bonus. It's yellow with a black edge to it. Looks kinda funky.

10+ Year Old Account
    if there are restrictions, i'd hope purple is not avaiable to only the dark side :/

it would make sense to 'balance' it, meaning two colors are ds-only, but i think orange would fit a lot better to represent "i am evil!" than purple.
    besides, i'm always ls and i want mai purpl! o_o

I didnt know they changed it to light/dark side restrictions, and now that i do know, i like that change, it makes total sense.
    Glad i posted this or who knows how long it would have taken for me to figue it out LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    if there are restrictions, i'd hope purple is not avaiable to only the dark side :/

it would make sense to 'balance' it, meaning two colors are ds-only, but i think orange would fit a lot better to represent "i am evil!" than purple.
    besides, i'm always ls and i want mai purpl! o_o
    I'm probably wrong and it's orange and not purple.

10+ Year Old Account
    lets hope so

though i guess blue still beats all other colors anyway.

I can check when the site/game is back up from maintenance.

10+ Year Old Account
    not exactly on topic, but i like how they put a site-link "for additional information" in the site-maintance notification :x

Deleted
    while i will by satisfied with my red/orange lightsaber for now (never been a big fan of purple), i will for sure want some other colors in the future. i remember my exile in kotor 2 running around with silver lightsaber, and it looked pretty awesome.

Well colour crystals are something that I'd imagine are pretty simple to just patch in.

While purple would be epic, always remember, orange is legendary....

Deleted
    Didnt Mace Windu have purple?

Edit: yep:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamota View Post
    While purple would be epic, always remember, orange is legendary....
    and happens to be my favorite color! but, red looks better as a lightsaber color than orange. so my SI will have to suffer with the red blades.