Deleted

WoW Beta Vs [INSERT MMO FROM HERE 2004 HERE]

Going to stick to mentioning one MMO from back in the day (lol) because we be here all day if not. That mmo will be EverQuest <3.

Back when WoW was in beta it was seen as "Clone" and a "Rip-Off" of the other MMO's that were around at the time. Most reviews were comparing WoW to EverQuest (the #1 mmo at the time that happened to be loosing subs allot like WoW is today!)

WoW had the same game-play style, the same questing systems, the same Go kill 6 dogs and bring me 5 plants, same levelling up and to an extent same class's as some of the other MMO's out. WoW was seen as a true clone and a rip off at the time and i think we can all agree that was rightly so because it really was, its true.

Here are a few reviews just so you can see for yourself: (if you want more do a quick google search they are all the same and say the same thing)
    http://internetgames.about.com/od/mmorpgs/a/wowbeta.htm
    http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/world-of.../503103p1.html
    http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/world-...&mode=previews

Anyway why is this relevant now?
    Its not! But its interesting.

Why is it interesting?

Because WoW as it is today in 4.2 (soon 4.3) is in the same boat as other MMO's were while WoW was in beta. It has falling subs and similar MMO's (you can also call clones and rip-offs) are in beta hoping to compete for #1 MMO.

Now I'm going to voice an opinion here. SWTOR will be released soon, I am thinking of SWTOR as if it were WoW beta in the past and if WoW Beta was like EverQuest (because the situation is identical, just read the reviews your agree i am sure.)

I am sick of the people who are saying other MMO's will FAIL because you have no clue on what will happen when another MMO is released, I have no clue on what will happen and even Blizzard and Bioware have no clue.

Allot of people are taking an educated guess and just saying "if history repeats its self it will fail" Well no you cant say that, if history repeated its self in 2004/5 WoW would have failed also!

My personal opinion is GW:2, SWTOR will be ok and at least be among the top 3 MMO's because of the amount of development and money chucked at them is just crazy. Some of the other MMO's that came out had really rubbish advertising I couldn't even buy Aion, Rift in the local game shop for example, That same shop already has SWTOR banners, displays and I dont know if you noticed but even on the TV Starwars is all over the place (even if its not referencing the game its building up the numbers of fans) I cant walk down the street without seeing something Starwars related at the moment.

Also with SWTOR is has a massive fan base already its huge, even people who dont play MMO's will be attracted to it. This is something other MMO's that have been released hasn't really had or if they did have they didn't advertise well enough to get the message across.

So yeah with this game I dont think it will fail it defiantly has a good shot at #1 MMO even if the game is crap just because the fan-base it has already and the money being chucked at it. (money talks people!)

This was not suppose to be a SWTOR will pwn WoW thread i was just using it as an example as its a very similar situation to what WoW was in just before its release. I hope it does do well because if it does blizzard will pull there fingers out there ass and give me more stuff to-do.

The lesson from all of this is:

YOU CANT SAY A MMO WILL FAIL BECAUSE "if history repeats its self...." WoW can easily fail with the release of any new MMO. This is coming from a WoW fanboi.

Bring on the competition it can only be a good thing for me Oh and as for the Rift, Aion, ETC ETC failed comments that will come in this thread im sure. They have not failed they are still running and people playing them are still happy. Also when they got released blizzard stepped up there game and gave me more crap to-do.

Just have a little thing next time you say something is going to fail

---------- Post added 2011-11-28 at 08:12 PM ----------

Woooopps Screwed up the title, sorry for spelling and grammar (dyslexic)
    Last edited by mmoc0a590aa303; 2011-11-28 at 07:59 PM.