Need help livestreaming from PS3

Hey folks

Basically im perfectly accustomed to livestreaming from my PC (im using Procaster from livestream.com)

I do however want to find a way to livestream from my PS3.

So my question is - how should i go about doing it?

1) I dont want anything expensive, this isnt for a job or something serious, so i dont need HD quality etc. Just a bit of streaming from games for my friends etc.
    2) I would prefer if it was possible to have video and sound from console, and sound from microphone as well (so i can "talk" while gaming).

I live in UK, so if you are giving links, i would appreciate if you gave them from the uk websites (such as amazon.co.uk as opposed to amazon.com etc)
    Again, nothing too proffessional or expensive, just the basic thing.

Cheers!

Edit: forgot to mention, just for clarity

the PC is in the same room as the PS3 and tv, pc is desktop, i got wireless router to which both PC and PS3 are connected (pc by wire), if it helps.
    Last edited by Anakonda; 2011-11-23 at 05:50 PM.
    We dream, we dream.

The problem with most capture cards (which is what you will need) is that most are pass through. What this means, is if you grab a SD capture card (since they are typically the cheapest), you will only be able to play in SD (which is quite terrible). HD capture cards are more expensive, but you will be able to play in HD.

For SD capture cards, last I heard, Dazzle was the top capture card.
    For HD capture cards, either BlackMagic Intensity/Shuttle or Hauppauge HD PVR are the top cards.

Now, there's a few other cheaper alternatives to those HD cards, mainly the Roxio Game Capture and BlitzBox HD, but I'm not really familiar with those.

could you give a bit more information please?
    What is the exact name of these dazzle cards, how "bad" is the bad quality, how do i install and use them, etc?
    Im somewhat crappy in that area...

Cheers!
    We dream, we dream.

Basically you need video capture device. Either internal PCI card for the computer, or some box that plugs into USB. You plug in the PS3 video output to the capture card, and then either PC to the TV or capture card output connectors to the TV.

Depending on how good picture quality you want, the capture cards cost something between 50€ (640*480 resolution) and 200€ and up (1080p HD).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Well, you got the SD dazzle for around 40 GBP or you can get one of the two cheaper HD alternatives that I listed (like the Roxio Game Capture for about 80 GBP. A price that you were looking to pay would help too.

Quote Originally Posted by Adorada View Post
    Well, you got the SD dazzle for around 40 GBP or you can get one of the two cheaper HD alternatives that I listed (like the Roxio Game Capture for about 80 GBP. A price that you were looking to pay would help too.
    around 30-40 GBP max, preferably less. Im not looking for HD streaming, like 420-680 or so.

Note that im not looking for a way to "save" the footage and then upload it, im talking about streaming live, as im playing.
    We dream, we dream.

The dazzle should be within the budget then. Might be able to find some better deals too if you look (like Amazon).

You can still stream from a capture card (I don't think there any other options for streaming). All you would need is Flash Media Encoder and use that with the Dazzle and you should be able to stream to any site (you input that url in Flash Media Encoder). JustinTV has a good tutorial on how to do it (http://www.justin.tv/p/fme)

The Dazzle also does 720 x 480 resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Adorada View Post
    The dazzle should be within the budget then. Might be able to find some better deals too if you look (like Amazon).

You can still stream from a capture card (I don't think there any other options for streaming). All you would need is Flash Media Encoder and use that with the Dazzle and you should be able to stream to any site (you input that url in Flash Media Encoder). JustinTV has a good tutorial on how to do it (http://www.justin.tv/p/fme)

The Dazzle also does 720 x 480 resolution.
    Okay, sounds perfect!

But how does it work? I mean, right now i have PS3 --HDMICABLE-- TV
    How do i connect it, to where, etc?

also, i assume that "long" cables are not included in the package... and some comments say i need some splitters or something. Could you help me out with that as well please? Im terrible with this technical stuff, and im afraid that i will just buy the wrong thing or something
    We dream, we dream.

You'd need the PS3 composite cables (as the Dazzle can only do standard def). Then you'd need 3 y-splitters. You connect the red/white/yellow cables to each y-splitter and then connect each y-splitter to the Dazzle. Finally, on the other end of each y-splitter, you connect a standard RCA cable.

Please do note that since the recorder is a SD recorder, you have to play in SD (that's due to the fact that the PS3 can't output HD and SD at the same time. Come to think of it, no electronic that I know of can). I'd recommend hooking your PS3 up to your tv to know just how SD actually looks (compared to HD). If you don't mind it, then the above will work for you.

Streaming is also pc/internet dependent. Not like you need a really strong pc/internet to stream SD, but at least a decent pc/internet.

*Edit: The video (even the stream) would probably look like this. Also depends on the settings you use in Media Encoder.
    Last edited by Adorada; 2011-11-23 at 07:50 PM.

Okay thank you
    We dream, we dream.