Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Rift Game is on SALE! (till the 28th)

Rift is having a pre-Black Friday sale and offering the game for FREE. You still have to pay your monthly cost to be a part of the game.

Follow the link.

Even if you don't plan on playing it right away or it is low on your priority list I figure it is still worth "purchasing" now for free to play later on and saving some $$$.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2011-11-23 at 07:14 PM.

woooooot my friend was just about to buy the game

I went on the link and it says £4.99 not free.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glad I could save someone money! Every big-box store I've been to is still selling this for $14.99 to $29.99, even when the prices on their website are always lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    How'd I know there'd be a catch? It's not free, because once you go to purchase, it requires a subscription payment. RIFT may be free, but to get it for free you're still paying something.

It's not free, because once you go to purchase, it requires a subscription payment.
    The game itself is free. The sub costs have nothing to do with the price of the game itself. Companies actually want to make some money you know. It even lists

"DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY COMPLIMENTARY GAMEPLAY TIME. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    The game itself is free. The sub costs have nothing to do with the price of the game itself. Companies actually want to make some money you know. It even lists

"DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY COMPLIMENTARY GAMEPLAY TIME. "
    I'm aware theres no complimentary game time, but to get past the payment of $0 you must first purchase a subscription in order to continue. So it's hardly considered free if they're adding a AUD$14.99 barrier ahead. Like I said, I knew there'd be a catch.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2011-11-23 at 07:27 PM.

Deleted
    You have to pay a months sub so its not exactly free, they are doing lots of sneaky things like this, they was also offering the game for £4.99 at one point but again didnt include a months play....its impossible to play without the sub so why not just be honest and say it will cost £15 to play the game....

Would like to point out its better to buy it off Amazon for $9.99 as that includes a month game time from my understanding

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I'm aware theres no complimentary game time, but to get past the payment of $0 you must first purchase a subscription in order to continue.
    This.

It is not free. You have to purchase a subscription before you get the account since there is no free game time.

Which makes this statement really stupid:

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Even if you don't plan on playing it right away or it is low on your priority list I figure it is still worth "purchasing" now for free to play later on and saving some $$$.
    Still. Thanks for the heads up, it's cheaper, not free.

does the ashes of history edition include a free month? my friend wants to buy rift

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's a downloadable digital copy check all the conditions, if it's a retail copy check the back of the box. There are so many various distributors of the game it's best to do your home work before purchasing.

It's not FREE! Free means you don't have to pay for something. Look it up in the dictionary.
    In order to download this copy of the game you have to pay for a month. That's not FREE!
    Sigh, close this, and infract the OP who is obviously a Rift developer.
    This makes Rift look bad... and I like the game, so it's even worse...

if the game is free and has the month free when you start you dont need to pay a thing...what you would do is register and sub to activate the free month than cancel the sub...you still get the free month and you wont be charged at the end of it...unfortunetly though the link is advertising the game at £4.99

10+ Year Old Account
    I've altered the title so people don't go all bat shit crazy over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I've altered the title so people don't go all bat shit crazy over it.
    Thanks! Much better....

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry about that, I already have a sub and they sent me the link to my email. When I clicked through everything I didn't see anything about having to buy a sub at the time of the purchase which does make it much less of a deal. Once again, sorry for the unintended troll.

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sigman View Post
    Would like to point out its better to buy it off Amazon for $9.99 as that includes a month game time from my understanding
    If you can find a link for that (I can't seem to) I put that up instead because that is a better deal than free game + $14.99 sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only people that ever paid full price were those of use that preorder through Trion.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daarksoul View Post
    It's not FREE! Free means you don't have to pay for something. Look it up in the dictionary.
    In order to download this copy of the game you have to pay for a month. That's not FREE!
    Sigh, close this, and infract the OP who is obviously a Rift developer.
    This makes Rift look bad... and I like the game, so it's even worse...
    Sigh....if I was a dev for the game why would I waste my time in a subforum that hardly ever has over 10 viewers. I play the game as well and got misguided info since I already have a sub. Glad we don't run in the same circles in that game, you seem like a peach.

It's on sale on steam aswell. 5 euro for EU, so i assume 5 bucks for US (as it's steam), but with included 1 month gametime.

edit: just today, part of the autumn sales.