Poll: What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game and why.

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim

So which of these games did people like the most. please try to keep it civil, no x sucks. lets all just agree we love this series =D

Personally i liked Morrowind more than the other 3, the story was by far my favorite. sure it may not look as good as skyrim, but i sure enjoyed it.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Deleted
    Morrowind, i dislike the fact you can craft your own deadric armor now or the fact everything is better documented on wiki's etc....morrowind made you figure things out on your own, or find artifacts by accident.

After killing alduin there's not really anything that keeps you in the game from a collecters point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    i only got into it with oblivion, so can only compare the 2 newer ones, i dunno which i prefer, both have their merits, and in their day were both equally/are equally fantastic (mehcanics wise etc), i'd probably edge over to skyrim, but i love both

edit: if you don't like wikis .. don't read them?

We just forget Arena did we?
    Personally Morrowind was the best by a long shot, but Skyrim is a very very very close second. Bethesda has taken a step back in the right direction with Skyrim that's for sure.

Morrowind was not only epic and immerse but its Expansion packs were truly epic as-well. All-round Elder scrolls is kick-arse but Morrowind takes the cake.

Poll?

Its a tough choice. id probably go with modded oblivion. non modded, skyrim i guess. morrowind closely. behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    i only got into it with oblivion, so can only compare the 2 newer ones, i dunno which i prefer, both have their merits, and in their day were both equally/are equally fantastic (mehcanics wise etc), i'd probably edge over to skyrim, but i love both
    Morrowind is on sale with Steam for 9.99 i highly suggest you try it, if your worried about how it will look there are mods that bring it up to date as well. will say though its not as friendly as oblivion and skyrim is, there are no quest markers just directions you have to follow to find places. but i promise you will love the story if nothing else.

---------- Post added 2011-11-24 at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner563 View Post
    Poll?

Its a tough choice. id probably go with modded oblivion. non modded, skyrim i guess.
    there is a poll >.< please dont tell me i messed it up, first time making a poll x-x
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dkay- View Post
    Morrowind, i dislike the fact you can craft your own deadric armor now or the fact everything is better documented on wiki's etc....morrowind made you figure things out on your own, or find artifacts by accident.

After killing alduin there's not really anything that keeps you in the game from a collecters point of view.
    Soooo... Don't read the wikis? That's what I'm doing, and I've had a lot of fun just exploring and stumbling across stuff by accident!

Personally I tried Morrowind, and just couldn't get into it. I struggled to start with, really couldn't figure out what I was meant to do. Ended up not bothering.

Oblivion took up a whole ton of my time. Lots of fun, though the levelling up system was a bit meh. Also the voice actors were terribad, and the good ones they had died!

Skyrim is basically a better version of Oblivion. Everything is improved: the combat system, the levelling up, the graphics, the animations, the fights, the story, the voice actors... Everything is better.

Daggerfall I never tried, so can't comment on that.

So with all this in mind: Skyrim, for me, is far and away the best one of the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    Morrowind is on sale with Steam for 9.99 i highly suggest you try it, if your worried about how it will look there are mods that bring it up to date as well. will say though its not as friendly as oblivion and skyrim is, there are no quest markers just directions you have to follow to find places. but i promise you will love the story if nothing else.
    I prefer the quest System in Morrowind, what is with this completely hand held rubbish in Skyrim. Just follow the arrow and your done; there is no true journal just a list of your active quests with no information. Half the time in Skyrim i'm not even sure what the heck i'm after because i didn't hear the dialogue and there is no detailed summary. Its stupid how i can have no information just follow the arrow and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    I prefer the quest System in Morrowind, what is with this completely hand held rubbish in Skyrim. Just follow the arrow and your done; there is no true journal just a list of your active quests with no information. Half the time in Skyrim i'm not even sure what the heck i'm after because i didn't hear the dialogue and there is no detailed summary. Its stupid how i can have no information just follow the arrow and win.
    wont lie i kind of agree, i wish they would have kept the morrowind style but with the quest log.the journal gets confusing when you are doing like 3-4 things at once lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only played Skyrim. But the game is absolutely fantastic, so I can't see any of the other games could be as good as Skyrim. I could ofcourse be wrong, but I think that getting used to the graphics in Skyrim would ruin my experience if I went back and tried the older ones.

Quote Originally Posted by trakbob View Post
    I've only played Skyrim. But the game is absolutely fantastic, so I can't see any of the other games could be as good as Skyrim. I could ofcourse be wrong, but I think that getting used to the graphics in Skyrim would ruin my experience if I went back and tried the older ones.
    the combat wont be as good, but there are several mods for morrowind that make it look as good as skyrim.

Deleted
    I've tried them all (Arena too) but I only ever really got into Oblivion and Skyrim. In hindsight, Skyrim is clearly superior to Oblivion - Even in a modded state - So I'm gonna go with Skyrim. Imagine what it will be like when it's fully modded...

Morrowind, I know, isn't balanced very well, and you had to make several characters before you got one that actually worked - And then it could be vastly overpowered (Starting as a Redguard with Long Blades as a major skill...)
    Daggerfall is even "worse" though, on that account - It's really vast, and takes a lot of time to get into, though - More so than Morrowind.
    Arena is much lighter, however, and even though you can spend hours in the starting dungeon (no, really), it's a lot easier to get into - though it does not have the same sense of immersion as the later games do.
    Last edited by mmocecbb60524a; 2011-11-24 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    If you want to throttle yourself that badly, you can just turn off the quest tracking. Pay attention to what's going on in the game, read the journal if you didn't, and you should be getting along just fine.

I've played the series from Morrowind and up, and while I've enjoyed all of them I find that Skyrim is my personal favorite. Everything feels smoother and looks much better than in the earlier editions, the world feels solid and present, and the combat gives you enough of a challenge to be enjoyable.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    the combat wont be as good, but there are several mods for morrowind that make it look as good as skyrim.
    Yeah, maybe I'll try them out sometime. But right now, and probably a while into next year, I have more than enough with Skyrim.

Deleted
    It doesn't look as good as Skyrim... Yes, I have played a fully modded Morrowind (Morrowind 2011 I think it was called). It looked great for a game back in 2002, but no where near Skyrim level. The water was the best part with MGE, but NPC's never really get that good looking.

And IMO Morrowind's story isn't that great - Better than Oblivions main story? Yeah of course, but that sucked balls..And Morrowind (even modded) the combat SUCKS - Hold down LMB -> you win. Oh, and enchanting is OP :P

Not hating on Morrowind, great game for its time.. But if both came out right now, Skyrim is clearly the superior game.

Edit: All TES games (At least the three I have played) have GREAT music, but Morrowind's main theme is probably the best, so will give it that .
    Last edited by mmoc081150e206; 2011-11-24 at 11:54 AM.

*looks at own avatar*

Gonna have to go with Daggerfall, because I love getting lost in the massive random dungeons. Plus vampire ancients, they still scare me

Morrowind is a close second though, the story is fantastic. Not Oblivion itself, but the Shivering Isles xpac was amazing.

I have not played Skyrim yet, though. I will one day, if I ever get a better computer.
    Last edited by Tulune; 2011-11-24 at 12:04 PM.

A skyrim game with morrowind rules would probably be the best
    Skyrims story (especially the guilds), voice acting and dungeons are much better (and the graphics of course), but I really do not like how easy it is to craft the best armor in the game and how much worse everything else you find ingame is (Hey mighty deadra lord! thanks for your ubermace of doom! I will sell this now!)
    The new leveling system is a little fast and I dont think its a good Idea that all skills advance your level (feeling punished for wearing heavy armor, after you got to 100 and so on), but I really did not miss having to jump all the time
    Last edited by owbu; 2011-11-24 at 12:08 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Llame View Post
    It doesn't look as good as Skyrim... Yes, I have played a fully modded Morrowind (Morrowind 2011 I think it was called). It looked great for a game back in 2002, but no where near Skyrim level. The water was the best part with MGE, but NPC's never really get that good looking.

And IMO Morrowind's story isn't that great - Better than Oblivions main story? Yeah of course, but that sucked balls..And Morrowind (even modded) the combat SUCKS - Hold down LMB -> you win. Oh, and enchanting is OP :P

Not hating on Morrowind, great game for its time.. But if both came out right now, Skyrim is clearly the superior game.

Edit: All TES games (At least the three I have played) have GREAT music, but Morrowind's main theme is probably the best, so will give it that .
    off topic think you could give me a good site where i can get the morrowind 2011 pack, and some install instructions. i originally had it on xbox (this was before i knew about the mods >.<) just got it for pc but idk where to find that mod or how to install it x-x

Morrowind is most likely my favourite. I've played every TES game and it's just the atmosphere in Morrowind that wins it for me. I can't deny that Oblivion and Skyrim are better looking games along with there being plenty of gameplay improvements along the way however I just don't feel the trepidation upon entering an unknown cave that I got in Morrowind.

After about 90 hours of Skyrim it's probably tied with Daggerfall for me now. I'm planning on making a third character and just randomly exploring and doing mini quests. There is so much to do in the game already, I can't wait till there are some substantial mods out to increase the hours that I will spend in there.

Deleted
    I've only played Oblivion out of these games, but I always hear good stuff about Morrowind. But my vote had to go for Oblivion, since I don't know much about the other games.