Things to keep in mind this weekend!

As the time before the first wave of invites for this weekends stress beta test winds away, a few things to keep in mind so you dont nerd rage and bash in your computer screen.

1. This is a stress test, expect to have wait times when trying to get into a server, unless you are just that damn good that at 10am central, you hit that play button at the exact right moment and make it through without a wait, you ARE going to have a que time.

2. Expect some lag, esp in the starting areas. There are going to be a lot of people in this beta, the starting areas will be kicking in high gear for a little while, dont get frustrated with the lag that is sure to come with it.

3. Dont be alarmed if the server crashes...a couple times. After all, they are trying to stress the servers so we dont run into the same issues we are bound to see today at launch. Id rather see crashing servers today then have them crash left and right come launch time.

4. There will be some bugs, when i tested last time, there were little bugs that you would notice, nothing game breaking but they were there and you did notice them, im be shocked if they got rid of all of the little nongame stopping bugs just for this weekend. Keep in mind this is still beta and these things should get worked out.

5. The most important one IMO, HAVE FUN. For a lot of people this is the first time they are getting to try a game they have been waiting for for a long time, have fun this weekend, learn the ropes, try out a few of the classes you are looking forward to or are interested in the most. Take in the story line, its very well done and worth that extra minute of your time to hear the npcs out. Try out the first flashpoints at the very least, if you make it to a high enough level this weekend to do the higher level ones, go for it. Finding a group should not be an issue at all. BUT also dont forget while you are grouped up with other people, dont go crazy on them if they are screwing up and dont seem to know their class, there is a very good chance that the in fact DONT know it since this is their first time playing the game. We are all pretty much starting out as newbs unless you were a full time tester.

As of my clock right now we have 4 hours till the first wave starts flooding the servers and heading into the game,so when time comes, grab yourself some leftovers (for thoes who celebrate Thanksgiving) sit back and just enjoy the ride this weekend.
    I hope you all have as much fun trying out this game as i did on the last weekend beta...cya in there!!

my main plan is having fun with this, i know there is going to be lag, crashes, bugs and other.. but thats why they are doing this beta

My main concern is about getting d/ced and trying to re-log and hitting a Queue.

Have they got the WoW grace period where if you are D/ced you can bypass the queue if you re-log within a couple of minutes?

If not I will rage with the fury of 1000 suns if i get D/ced at the Start and get sent back into a huge Queue
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I will keep in mind is: It's over by monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I fully expect lots of lag and disconnects, this is a very popular game. I beta tested RIFT on their stress test days and the only times they had lag was when Trion themselves put extra stress on their servers. There would be a sever message that they were going to be putting load on the server and everyone would get lag for a minute or two. Obviously RIFT is not as popular as SWToR, I doubt Bioware will have to artificially stress their servers.

Another thing to have in mind.

If you manage to get past lvl 20, you may encounter the game a little hard (especially if you choose certain classes).

They did said certain classes are going to receive attention soon and that this build is a little overtuned the higher in lvl you get.

10+ Year Old Account
    i keep hoping that most ppl will be out shopping come 11am EST lol. i know i know. crazy thought, huh?

Only thing i'll keep in mind: Server queues/ lag will be gone on monday!! Woot

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    i keep hoping that most ppl will be out shopping come 11am EST lol. i know i know. crazy thought, huh?
    One can only hope. I know that I would be dragged out if my wife didn't have to work.