Quick question about cut-scenes & dialogues

Hello,

I've been trying the beta since yesterday when it became available, but I have a very strange problem and I couldn't find any info about it

When I'm in the middle of a conversation with a quest NPC, quite often the screen will go black, and after a few seconds the whole scene will be re-rendered and the voice and animation will continue from there. Most of the time, this happens right before I make a conversation choice - i.e. I see the NPC talking, then suddenly screen will go black, scene rendered again and I get the choice.

All that waiting is rather annoying and pretty much puts a break on the whole experience.

Is that supposed to happen?

My sistem should be more than enough to handle the game (2500k processor, Ati 6870 OC video card, 4GB ram)
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

That is rather odd...

I would attempt restarting your system if you're like me and like leaving your system on weeks at a time before restarting...

or see if there are updated drivers for your ATI card.

Checked that, rebooted PC a few hours ago, and I already have the latest drivers - I like to have them all the time

I'll try lowering the graphics, but there shouldn't be any reason to do that. Graphics don't seem that demanding, and it only happens when talking to the NPCs.

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Try turn off "Conversation Depth Of Field" in the prefences menu, might help, I dunno :P

Yeah, your system is sort of similar to mine (2500k processor, ATI 6970, 8GB ram) so you should not be having those problems. There could be a solution to this on the swtor.com "Customer Service" forums. I saw on the dev tracker that they were telling people to delete certain files and have the launcher redownload them. So it could be that something messed up while downloading/installing the game.

I haven't heard that. Make sure no matter what you post it or /bug it so the Devs can look into it, even if you resolve the issue yourself.

Fixed it - it turned out I had to actually INCREASE the details, even though pretty much everything was on High.

Well that's weird, but certainly makes the game much more enjoyable