Thread: Leveling Fast?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Doesn´t really matter if the story is enganging
    IT would be worse if you had to do NORTHREND...........can`t get my alt to kill farm the stupid mobs and accept bullcrap quests after i tried Swars
    Beware, the combat animation is a bit bad, not organic and life like, like wow or age of conan.

In comparison to other MMO's I didn't find SWTOR leveling to be "fast". I was grouped with some friends and at about level 3 I started live streaming and hit level 11 during that live stream. I streamed for 6 hours and 4 seconds.

The leveling pace so far has seemed perfect for me. Even if they slow it down a bit at launch I'm ok with that as long as it's enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the leveling was a good speed, over the weekend I've made three chars. A Shadow, a Vanguard and a Sniper, spent about a day leveling each, got them all to about 12, considering on WoW I can knock that out in about 20 mins, I'd say I MASSIVELY prefer this way

if they crank it back a bit for live... I'd be fine with that as well. It did seem like I was a little... overpowered, towards the end of the starter words, especially on my IA, who by the time he hit level ten and was starting to wrap up his Class Story on Hutta could practically oneshot most trash :S (<3 Snipe<3 )
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Compared to WoW's hitting level 14 in less than an hour with or without BoA's, I say it's pretty nice where it's at.
    Yeah, I agree. The pacing was perfect for my personal preferences. When the game launches, I'll probably spend an extra hour or so in the trooper starter zone to hunt down codex entries and datacrons, since I love doing stuff like that on the side when questing and exploring.

Deleted
    Is it possible to level up by doing dungeons?
    How does the XP/hr compare with questing?

Leveling speed is, for my intents and purposes, perfect. The pace you level and the quests you do with the engaging story and dialogue make it seem that every level means something. I got to level 12 before I had to stop playing and I played for ~10-11 hours or so? I'm guessing here, didn't really keep track of the time while I played, I was enjoying myself too much.

To sum it up, really, it takes longer than WoW (MUCH longer) but never feels grindy. Not to me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolisa View Post
    Technically yes, but it will slow down depending on your level in relation to the flashpoint, and there could be some gaps.
    Every flashpoint has a repeatable quest you can do over and over, with bonus quests inside the FP.

I did boarding party (for a guildy) at like level 40 and everything was grey to me and i still got like 15-20% from the quests inside.

OT: Leveling is faster in the beginning roughly 1 hr per level moving slower in the 20s ~ 2.5hrs per level to almost 3hrs per level in the mid 30s to 50. Skipping all dialogue is probly 20 hours less of leveling time.
    Last edited by jearle; 2011-11-28 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolisa View Post
    Seems like less but it is hard to judge. I am unsure if at least the starter instances scale with the number of players or not but Black Talon was stupidly easy 2 man with 2 companions. Although I am not saying it is hard you will see what I mean if you try it

I found the speed of levelling absolutely fine. I tried to level up as fast as possible to get to Hammer Station but I kept getting distracted. Took me at a rough guess around 15 hours to get just below level 17(when I stopped playing) but I did Black Talon tons and was also hilariously bad at doing quests efficiently when I started(ie. doing them in circles on the map before handing in)

Level 10 is approximately 6-8 hours for most people I would say. There are evidently different ways of playing which can considerably alter gameplay. Also don't forget the required XP increases so 10-20 and so on won't be so fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    Beware, the combat animation is a bit bad, not organic and life like, like wow or age of conan.
    I can't speak for Age of Conan since I've never played it, though I'd hardly consider the combat animations in ToR as any worse than what we can see in WoW. In fact, I daresay they're better - because the base character models are better designed and look a heck of a lot smoother when moving than the clunky, ape like male models and stick thin female models in WoW.