Poll: Woul you play a Harry Potter MMORPG?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb Would you play a Harry Potter MMORPG?

Question for the comments section. What would the characters do after graduation? Get a job or something? Any ideas?

Poll incoming.

Edit: I wasn't gonna put anything else but well you guys seem so inthoosed with speculating so here goes. I think alot of folks are getting to bogged down in the old ideas of class and faction. My take: you start at school and 'class' is where you learn skills. You know learning potions from potions class and so on. Then after year 7 you get a 'job' (I use the term loosely) and those experiences also granting skills also. All manner of trouble breaking loose throughout of course.
    Last edited by kage; 2011-11-29 at 05:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so. I'd rather prefer something like Naruto but not Harry Potter.

If the developer was respected and it had a budget the size of TOR's, maybe.

Or perhaps if it was an iOS thing. I can see touch controls being good for that.

They've got an incredibly fascinating world, which would be great for a large open world MMO-Action game. Just not stuck in the trappings of the RPG genre. If I had to level up or crap like that, hell no.

That would be alright for an RPG-lite iOS/Android game though.
    Last edited by Caiada; 2011-11-29 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    Quick someone make a poll for that! .... Bleach too!

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 01:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    If the developer was respected and it had a budget the size of TOR's, maybe.

Or perhaps if it was an iOS thing. I can see touch controls being good for that.
    It's Harry Potter of course it would (probably more like will) have that stuff! Wait whats a 'iOS' I'm bad at anagrams?

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    Ew. Pick a better anime.

OT: Yes yes yes yes yes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Quick someone make a poll for that! .... Bleach too!

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 01:10 AM ----------

It's Harry Potter of course it would (probably more like will) have that stuff! Wait whats a 'iOS' I'm bad at anagrams?
    For the iPhone/iPad. It'd be a smaller game, which would fit having it set in just Hogwarts and the surrounding area.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    For the iPhone/iPad. It'd be a smaller game, which would fit having it set in just Hogwarts and the surrounding area.
    I think a larger high quality that dealt with the larger wizarding world would be best. After all there are only seven years of Hogwarts and you can only get into so much trouble there (unless it's invaded by death eaters).

It would have to be a good developer, the games of the movies of the books got absolutely horrible after prisoner of azkaban.

If it was the same quality of wow or ToR then yeah I would. Sounds like a neat idea.
    10 Hours of trolling a day makes the troll sadness go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Ew. Pick a better anime.
    Well really i was thinking more about the idea of the Naruto world not really the story in the manga/anime. More like Post Naruto manga or pre Leaf village. Like being either a Ninjutsu Ninja, Genjutsu or Taijutsu or a samurai!

OT: Harry Potter could be fun if we could expirience more than just Hogwarts. Something like visit the other magical places and seeing cool magical creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    It would have to be a good developer, the games of the movies of the books got absolutely horrible after prisoner of azkaban.
    Movie 7.2 met expectations. It was actually that good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I myself wouldn't play one, but I knew a few people who would : /

I would probably give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Movie 7.2 met expectations. It was actually that good.
    I think he only meant that the games for Goblet of Fire onward were bad, not the movies. Order of the Phoenix was a pretty good movie, and the last three were great.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heck yes! Uhmmmm send me to Hogwarts bitches!

whats the use of having an MMO on iOS? its too small of a platform it needs PC/Mac

i voted yes, it would be an interesting concept, but it would really need big world areas and instanced loot for each player.

the pvp could be 1v1 battles/duels etc, Arena could be Quidditch, and BG's could be like the TriWiz Cup.....lol

Dungeons could be, The Chamber of Secrets, The Depths of Gringotts, Escape From Azkaban etc (many others but i am drawing a blank)

Raids: Anything with Voldermort really with a few variations and locations

Use the room of Requirement as a guild housing location, every guild has a port that leads them to their own instanced guild housing

Diagon Alley can be the shop/trade/banking district and is a sanctuary (like Dal/Shatt)

anyone else got any ideas or like mine......lol could be good

10+ Year Old Account
    First off: ABSOLUTELY YES I WOULD.

Secondly: I personally believe that an HP MMORPG would have to take place at Hogwarts. There is no more iconic place in the series than Hogwarts. You would treat years like levels, with patches/expansions slowly but surely expanding the max year that a player could attain. Hogwarts as it's depicted in both the books and the movies is more than large enough to support a few thousand people, so each server would have their own Hogwarts to be part of. Houses could be treated like factions, and you could easily have instances based on iconic moments--and original occurences--in many different locations.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would actually be pretty awesome!

I clicked maybe, only because it would be marketed towards younger kids (even though the original HP kids are 19-20+ like me).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    It would actually be pretty awesome!

I clicked maybe, only because it would be marketed towards younger kids (even though the original HP kids are 19-20+ like me).
    A good publisher would realize that the game would probably do better marketed towards people like us, who grew up with the books, than marketed towards kids who have came into consciousness after "Pottermania" has passed.

heck yea - i've been dreaming of that for a long time now. not even harry specifically, but the world (kinda like tor is thousands of yrs earlier). i just can't think of very many classes ... unless you go potions master, defense against da, herbologist, magical creatures, transfiguration etc