10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror

Over zealous moderation - he who pays the piper?

The amount of infractions and style of moderation in here really makes me doubt curses impartiality here. Suppress all less than favorable opinion and help generate sales in return for marketing revenue? I've never had infractions the way I seem to bepicking them up in here. Someone needs to get a life or at least be honest that this is no longer an open forum where we can debate games, only praise them.

Mod Edit: You're perfectly welcome to debate games, if you can do so in a non-trolling, non-flaming manner. You can't, however, discuss/deride moderation publicly. This post has been infracted accordingly, and the thread is now locked.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-11-29 at 06:57 AM.

Rudeness and non-constructive posts get the infractions. It's no coincidence that the people who come in with nothing more to say than "lol this game is terrible" are getting infracted. Non constructive posts are spam.

15+ Year Old Account
    Check the rules of the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by mmo-champion rules
    Discussing moderator based actions

Actions taken against a member of the community are not to be discussed in public on the forums. Opinions about specific moderators or moderator actions (locking, deleting threads, etc) are also not to be discussed in posts or threads.

If you have questions, remarks, suggestions or complaints about moderating in general or specific moderators, please contact our website admin through a private message.

Bans can now be appealed. More information on how to do that is provided in the private message you'll receive when banned.

What do you expect when you make posts like

lotro, warhammer, aoc, aeon, rift, swtor = same sh*t another day. good luck and see you when youre back playing wow its just wow-lite afterall.

You're free to be negative about the game, but only if you give reason. If you're just going to say the game is shit, then you're just baiting people.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be completely fair, 80% of the current debating is either "WOW IS DYING, X GAME HERE WILL BE THE NEW WOW", "LOL PANDAS YOU ARE DUMB FOR PLAYING PANDAS" or "DEAD GAME IS DEAD". Aside from the typical disrespect to other posters that those types of threads usually contain, I don't see a terrible amount of locks as it is. WoW's forums have no leniency at all, I'd complain about theirs before I'd complain about MMO's.