Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draahl View Post
    Ill try that sit down thingy if the bug still excists in retail, thanks

I didnt know about the older build tho, thanks for sharing.

And Achievements have nothing to do with bragging rights, its an accomplishment system that i like alot. I never ever compared achievements in WoW with anyone, i just went around and did them for fun. I really dont care if its shown to others, i just want it for myself
    You will still have the codex and the ive found this rare spawn item that permanently raises my stats and you didnt find it.

Deleted
    I'v been in General Beta ( not weekend ) for some time now ... I never could enable AA in any of the builds I played ... ( maybe older beta testers did ) , it doesn't bother me since I force it trough nvidia inspector. ( Link )

I have never seen a source of this "high resolution textures " and it seems that weekend beta have a lot of ppl talking about them ... I'm a bad "googler" and I would like to get an official source on this, since I can't .
    So for now I think of it as a bonus , so I don't get disappointed. But would very appreciated if I could count on it.
    ( I'll search the forums as soon as the website comes up again )
    Last edited by mmocda69302ff9; 2011-11-29 at 04:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can we stop derailing this thread and stop talking about Activision/EA acting as a developer when they're a publisher?

Oh, and stop talking about how Textures work. This is NOT the thread for this discussion, go make two seperate threads and stop derailing this one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Preliatus View Post
    Can we stop derailing this thread and stop talking about Activision/EA acting as a developer when they're a publisher?

Oh, and stop talking about how Textures work. This is NOT the thread for this discussion, go make two seperate threads and stop derailing this one!
    If the op wishes ppl to stop derailing if it even is then its up to him to voice it, your not the op.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    If the op wishes ppl to stop derailing if it even is then its up to him to voice it, your not the op.
    You like ponies, your opinion is invalid.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Other MMOs do have stories. There tends to be fairly loose ones around your character, and other very short and self-contained ones in the zones/questlines you are doing. However, because there tends to be so many quests and because the presentation (walls of text) are so dull, they tend to get jumbled or else go completely ignored because you just don't care.

Did you level a character from 1-60 in Cata? Lots of little self-contained stories and also larger ones revolving around the entire zone, but again they are more about things going on where you are and not about your character itself. TBC and WotLK and Cata expansion zones also have lots of self-contained stories.

SWTOR is different because there is much more story about your character--not just the zone--and because both personal and zone quests actually get your attention because of the presentation.
    I did 1-85 in Cataclysm. There were little stories. There was not a "story". Most of the stories were idiotic and often violently conflicted with each other thematically, with you going from a deadly serious and earnest line about saving people to Captain Awesome and the like and back again in a very schizophrenic way. Most notably there was no consistently "Cataclysm" storyline 1-60. Which surprised me a lot, actually. Entire zones virtually forgot about the Cataclysm, and it was only really strongly evident in the 10-20 zones and sometimes 20-30 ones (or rarely the 1-10 zones, not most through).

It was an improvement, I admit, on the complete story-less drivel that was pre-Cata WoW, but they still insist on casting the players as mindless thugs-for-hire who will just do anything they're asked, and are completely unable to maintain tone or atmosphere because you'll grab some deadly serious quest at the same time as two joke quests and be doing them together.

Deleted

No, it annoys me when people make and bring the crappiest excuse of a game only having "decent" graphics. Im not gonna lie, the graphics are ok, but are they up to par with 2011 and bioware standards. Not by a long shot, when you compare it to other games coming out soonish (Gw2, blade and soul) they are actually pretty bad and i would expect more from a game that has had so many millions pumped into it.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    THAT looting feature needs to be stolen and put in every mmo. It's really the best shit ever.
    So if wow added auto loot area wouldnt they be cloneing it from another game which is not allowed by most wow players , i mean wow has never cloned anything into a game so why start now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    So other MMOs would get like 0/5 on Story, right? Which I guess would mean they were rated even lower unless they got 5s on everything else (as WoW might for some people). Because seriously I can't think of an MMO which has an actual story in the way SWTOR does, not remotely. I guess you might scrape a 1/5 for story for RIFT, because they are trying pretty hard, but WoW isn't even trying. Your PC in WoW is just a random thug who does whatever he's told, no matter how dumb, pathetic, or sad, because: XP!
    i mostly agree but there is one other mmo with a great story, LOTRO.

of course swtor's ability to tell the story is far far superior.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    No, it annoys me when people make and bring the crappiest excuse of a game only having "decent" graphics. Im not gonna lie, the graphics are ok, but are they up to par with 2011 and bioware standards. Not by a long shot, when you compare it to other games coming out soonish (Gw2, blade and soul) they are actually pretty bad and i would expect more from a game that has had so many millions pumped into it.
    MMOs will NEVER EVER have the same graphics as Singleplayer games. Ever.

Never ever, ever never.

This was a point given on the first page I think.

Oh, on an unrelated note the Twi'lek you get as a companion as a Sith Warrior starts out hating dark side choices. I broke her and corrupted her and she loved my Dark Side choices.

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 08:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    So if wow added auto loot area wouldnt they be cloneing it from another game which is not allowed by most wow players , i mean wow has never cloned anything into a game so why start now?
    80% of the original WoW team was from Evercrack...

10+ Year Old Account
    But as was stated over and over this was not a graphics test beta, this was a launch day stress test, which was meant to post as many tickets as you can when they asked to crash the ticket system.
    They invited more ppl just to test the login server capacity.

The graphics are on high, there will be ultra, beta is not meant to play the game for free bug free its meant to find bugs.

During the course of the Rift and Star wars beta's ive been in all anyone did was qq about bugs this bugs that and then start arguing about wow.

The point of going to beta is to find bugs before release and report them in game.
    And on the forum.

So if your not going to test the game then dont sign up and let someone who will in. /end rant,

Deleted
    MMOs will NEVER EVER have the same graphics as Singleplayer games. Ever.

Never ever, ever never.
    Why I directed your attention to Blade and Soul/Guild wars 2. Both have amazing graphics and I would easily be able to compare them to single player games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    All wow ever did was clone things from other games with a blizzard twist.
    The newest will be the pet battles. Find a wild pet weaken it with your pets attacks and throw a net on it. 3v3 pet battles, pet masters who you visit and battle.
    A special codex of pets you have seen, anything sounding familiar?

And this is how it will look in game

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    i mostly agree but there is one other mmo with a great story, LOTRO.

of course swtor's ability to tell the story is far far superior.
    Yeah, I forgot about LotRO. I'd give it 2.5/5 for Story for me, because it is mostly a matter of you watching, not doing, and it isn't really personalized to your PC or possible to alter. It does try pretty hard though.

If wow started to do poorly, activision would soon stand in and put their noses in the business. Like them, EA won't let them waste developer time and money on upgrading the graphics from beta to official, bit like their previous games
    You obviously have zero clue on how a beta works. There is no "upgrading". Every major MMO holds their hi-resolution textures til release due to several reasons, load times and getting the right computer specs are among the more important ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    You obviously have zero clue on how a beta works. There is no "upgrading". Every major MMO holds their hi-resolution textures til release due to several reasons, including load times among other things.
    Again what 90% of the fans of previously published games from EA stated, its getting a little repetitive now..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    All wow ever did was clone things from other games with a blizzard twist.
    The newest will be the pet battles. Find a wild pet weaken it with your pets attacks and throw a net on it. 3v3 pet battles, pet masters who you visit and battle.
    A special codex of pets you have seen, anything sounding familiar?

And this is how it will look in game
    He was using sarcasm... Not serious at all.

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 08:31 AM ----------

Why I directed your attention to Blade and Soul/Guild wars 2. Both have amazing graphics and I would easily be able to compare them to single player games.
    Never heard of the first, and Guild Wars 2 I signed a piece of paper to never talk about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah because EA tend to up their graphics after a beta test huh? NFS online, BF3 are just a few examples...
    Uneducated posts will get you scathing replies.

EA has almost nothing to do with game development in general and next to nothing at all to do with the development of TOR.

All development decisions are currently made by BW's execs and their various studios.

As an addition, internal builds on F&F servers are traditionally a few steps head of public builds (this is the same for most games), meaning many of the bugs on public beta serves have long been fixed on the internal ones. Not all but many.

If you had the chance to compare even 2 public beta builds of TOR - the differences were staggering.

I feel I also need to reiterate both to the OP and in general that this weeked was a stress test, not aimed on fixing bugs at all, but on testing server hardware and customer support. So the devs didn't care much about rolling out the freshest, shiniest build possible too much either.

As to me personally: I did betas of LoL, WotLK and some Rift events. TOR is coming out steadily ahead of WotLK at least beta-wise. I've enjoyed the game immensely and eagerly waiting for the 15th now.

Peace out.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was using sarcasm... Not serious at all.

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 08:31 AM ----------

Never heard of the first, and Guild Wars 2 I signed a piece of paper to never talk about it.
    Does this paper say NDA or Beta on it?

Deleted
    http://www.bladeandsoulonline.com/wp.../02/bns_45.jpg

Apparently coming to US mid 2012 but has been pushed back several times.