Will nex-gen of gaming be fused into PC gaming?

I have came across this info recently (old news) but it is that Windows 8 will have Xbox Live support, does that mean it will be able to run Xbox 360 games (As in I can get former 360 games to play on Windows 8). Will other companies eventually do this for their consoles (Sony, probably not Nintendo) and will Steam and Battlenet become more integrated come Windows 8?

Quote Originally Posted by tylen View Post
    I have came across this info recently (old news) but it is that Windows 8 will have Xbox Live support, does that mean it will be able to run Xbox 360 games (As in I can get former 360 games to play on Windows 8). Will other companies eventually do this for their consoles (Sony, probably not Nintendo) and will Steam and Battlenet become more integrated come Windows 8?
    Its a complete rumor as nothing has been announced and absolutely no proof has been put forward for either side. While i wouldnt mind it all it would do is turn the allready mildly hacker freindly community for xbox to an even bigger one. Since you would no longer require a chip in the console or extensive OS altering to mod on the console when u can just pop it into PC. I assume that this thing that will happen is just an expansion of the allready intact windows live gaming experience where certain games connect to live and u can chat through your pc and get chevos and such. IE Fallout 3, GTA4, DOW2 ect. It would be stupid to steal away sales from a allready amazing branch of MS.

Not until the generation after next, at the earliest. It would be nice though.

Go play Age of Empires online on your PC. You sign up with your Windows (xbox) Live ID, and it shows up on your 360 in recently played games as well as letting you access your friends list and whatnot in the game.

They are starting to do it now.

Are you going to play 360 games on your PC? You can now as nearly everything that comes out on the 360 comes out on the PC.

Do Sony and Nintendo have PC OS's I'm not aware of that they would be able to integrate like this? :P

Deleted
    Either it's the same or it's a new step than windows7. GamesforWindowsLive is already connected to Xbox so the question is if anything did change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Either it's the same or it's a new step than windows7. GamesforWindowsLive is already connected to Xbox so the question is if anything did change.
    Beyond people refusing to use Games for Windows Live? No, not really.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    I personally doubt we will be able to play xbox360 games on our current PCs, next gen. Xbox is more likely. Atleast we will need Windows8, and the next generation xbox consoles to be released.
    The expectancy is however, that atleast the next gen. Xbox is going to be presented early 2012, and be released during x-mas 2012. And Windows8 is said to also be released next year. This due to hints by microsoft, and the fact that quite a few devs are already working hard on next gen. games. Windows 8 will as the rumors go, have fully intergrated support for windows/xbox Live, and that can be used for full on cross-platform gaming. Also, early 2012 Kinect will come to the PC. So the chance is high that we will be able to play xbox games from our PC, or atleast play cross-platform for real.(not like the failures of this generation)

We also will get the WII-U(what a name), and from Sony nothing is really known, besides the fact that they claimed not to be late again. And those 2 won't have any connection to PC gaming at all due to the most used OS is by Microsoft..... so unless Nintendo or Sony will come with their own OS, that simply wont happen, unless it is via a third party system, like Steam.

So will it happen with this generation? Not likely. (unless they make the system backwards compatible)
    Will it happen with the next gen. Xbox and Windows8? Highly likely
    Will it happen with PS4 and WII-U? Not likely at all.

@ the OP, check my sig to see your answer :O)

Edit: No , wait, it's not actually a direct answer. But it's clear that Microsoft is shifting into a certain DRM that will eventually be a crossplatform service such as steam, much like EA is currently trying to get off the ground, which in addition will lead to more people downloading games instead of buying them.

Skyrim, no DRM, I bought it
    Last edited by Vespian; 2011-12-02 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Skyrim, no DRM, I bought it
    Steam is a form of DRM but it is the most user friendly DRM out there