Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    If I had a spell that did 1 damage for a 1 second cast, casting 100 of them would cause 100 damage over 100 seconds or 1dps. Now I increase my haste from 0% to 1%, so in the same 100 seconds I now cast 101 spells dealing 101 damage. 101/100 = 1.01 which is a 1% increase.

Now if I had 30% haste I would be doing 130 damage in 100 seconds or 1.3 dps. I increase that to 31% and now I do 131 damage. 131/130 = 1.007692 which is a 0.7692% increase.

It's a matter of perspective, if you have increased your dps by x% you need 1+x% increase on the next step to maintain a linear relationship. The only linear relationship is with respect to the orgin of 0, ie. 0 stats.

What this means is once you stack a stat high enough it becomes increasingly viable that you will get a better gain from a neglected stat and this is one reason why we 'balance' stats.

Of course this perspective is simplistic but it gives you an idea how things behave.
    that's just a quirk of percentages though, it's still the same dps gain (eg 1 in this case. going from 130 to 131 or 100 to 101). the %gain really doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFlynch View Post
    Is the cunning of the cruel really better than the trinket off yorsajh?
    Cunning is weighted so high right now that if you could equip the Heroic and normal mode verions of it , you would.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    Re: later on in tier 13

After you replace VPLC and the tier 12 2-piece bonus, you'll start seeing mastery climb back up. By the time you get your 4-piece tier 13 bonus, it should be firmly on top again.
    (...)But I can definately say that the 4-piece tier 13 bonus increases the value of mastery, and that is why you are seeing BIS sets with such high mastery stat weights. I'm surprised people haven't experimented with mastery sets with tier 13 yet, but it's something that I intend to look at soon.
    I just got my tier13 4 piece bonus (397ilvl) and I was expecting my Mastery to shoot up on the simcraft. However, it didn't. Between Patchwerk and Helter Skelter mastery is still equal to crit for me. I still have heroic VLPC but even then I expected mastery to take over.

Now unlike most simcraft results I did tick on Dark Intent. I also used the line infinite_mana=1 because I almost never have mana problems.
    For me the results are (with DTR): 0.6749 hit/spirit, 0.5227 crit, 0.5696 haste, 0.5222 mastery

Am I simming it wrong or will crit stay that high until I replace VLPC?

Cunning is just unreal.
    Few seconds ago with a Lock Affli, that trinket is totally unreal. Single target or AoE, the damage output is totally out of control LOL.

It was 397 normal version and i see enough of that !

Deleted
    I also got the Stat weights Int > SP > Crit = Haste > Mastery = Spi = Hit

Im guessing Crit will fall way below Haste and even Mastery when i lose the T12 2pc

My char: Twickòó at Tarren Mill (Can't post links)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twickoo View Post
    I also got the Stat weights Int > SP > Crit = Haste > Mastery = Spi = Hit

Im guessing Crit will fall way below Haste and even Mastery when i lose the T12 2pc

My char: Twickòó at Tarren Mill (Can't post links)
    That's how it is for me too currently. Once you get your 4 set, simcraft will show mastery > haste > crit. Yes, it'll show higher in simcraft but you'll never use mastery over haste.

Also, I got CotC last week and OMFG... it's unreal.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

hello everyone Merry xmas