ATI Video Card Performance Trick for SWTOR (Tested on 4870x2)

Hey everyone if you are having problems with your ATI video cards not performing to the level they should be it could be because of the lack of driver support forcing the video card into gaming mode.

The easiest fix for this problem is to just right click your catalyst control center task bar icon and expand the current output you are using for gaming and/or others if using multiple monitors (displayed as "slot" ATI Radeon "card model") and then expand the 3D settings tab and Force maximum performance clocks to enabled if it is not already set.

Basically what the drivers for ATI do are set it to a lower power consumption mode when you are just on your desktop and switch to a different mode when you go into games etc.

Because this game is still in beta the ATI drivers probably have not been updated to work with the game as of yet however doing what i have explained will force it to be always on its highest performance settings.

A reminder for you all is to turn it off when you are finished gaming or whatever to be more Eco-friendly .

Any idea how to do this with the AMD VISION Engine Control Center? (Using a 6870, cant install CCC which seems to have seperate options) It will let me change my CPU power output, but I cannot find anywhere to change my GPU output.