Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShottyMcShot View Post
    The assumption that if you ran LFR and killed the same boss more than once means you exploited is pretty ignorant considering that the LFR system has no lockout. A player with multiple kills is not necessarily an exploiter. If you did more than 45 seconds of research you would see that players who exploited will have say, cleared the first wing and got an item and then a few hours after would maybe have received another item. Players doing it legit will have all their items gained within the same time for the most part.

Of course if a person perhaps did the first boss and got an item then left or got DC'd and got auto removed from the group they could come back in a later run and receive gear off off the bosses they had not killed yet.

Short of it is you have to do more than simply look at a players LFR kill count to tell if they used the exploit.
    I think you missed the point of the discussion. Its not that they ran it multiple times, its that they got gear from it multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post
    I think it is great that people from vodka are getting banned because of the LFR expolit and hope dream paragon gets the same. They should have know better and will new world first. Let the honest people win.
    I heard <vodka> didn't do anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Adhal-Blackrock View Post
    Except that its more along the lines of taking the test home to finish and bringing it back the next day.

The guilds knew it was a bug, and continued to do it anyways, and we aren't just talking about a few top guilds. I will give respect to Paragon as a couple members in their forums came out and said they would welcome a ban to show that blizz will take a more hardlined stance in the future to prevent them from having to follow in the path of exploiting to remain competitive.
    How is it more like taking the test home? We're talking about willful disregard of standing policy, in a way that can be entirely corrected so as to result in zero net gain. If they take the test home, you can't possibly know and separate what they did in the allotted time, with only authorized materials. Writing a few extra seconds, you can walk over and see the problem they were adding to--so you ignore the last few lines of it. And abusing the LFR mechanic, you can see what gear they picked up from LFR this week--so you can remove it.

Just to be clear: the gear should absolutely be removed. They shouldn't be given another shot at a once-this-week loot table, putting them at a slight disadvantage, in the end. But all this bloodlust over something that can be corrected so easily? People just love craning their necks, hoping the cars on the side of the road were in a horrific wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Galashin View Post
    Cool, let me tell my three students who kept writing for 30 seconds after I called time that they're receiving zeroes, and therefore likely failing the entire semester. That's cheating, right? So it's completely black and white. Never mind that I could just not give them credit for the two lines they wrote.
    I see saying that apples and pears are the same is valid in your... class.
    Comparing students writing half a minute extra and 25+ people exploiting
    mechanics in a game is not valid in this case, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilution View Post
    I see saying that apples and pears are the same is valid in your... class.
    Comparing students writing half a minute extra and 25+ people exploiting
    mechanics in a game is not valid in this case, sorry.
    If anything, I agree. Education affects the real world. Passing or failing can make or break a student's college (or high school or whatever) experience.

This is a game. It's seriously worth it to hope other people can't play it, instead of just commenting on their chutzpah as Blizzard rightfully, easily, and with time to spare negates any advantage they could have gotten? End result: they wasted some time, lost out on the gear people who looted once ended up with (which, done right and with a little luck, could still have resulted in a raid's tanks all having their 4 piece raid cooldowns), and the loophole got fixed. Instead, we've got a lynch mob with Lord of the Flies' chants. Kill the pig! Cut her throat! Spill her blood! Perma-ban people who gained absolutely no advantage! How dare they screw around in a game, in a way that was obviously going to get noticed, in the end not receiving any advantage whatsoever, allowing for a solution with a punishment in keeping with the crime (extra loot from LFR --> no loot from LFR)!

It's too many pages to read to see if someone said this already so forgive my laziness please. Now then, Dream Paragon even if they were exploiting do you really think that some other guild is gonna magically get world first heroic clear now? Even if it's not DP it'll be one of the guilds that would have gotten it in the first couple weeks anyways so what's the big deal?

Hilarious how people think vodka exploited when they have proven how they did it, and it was in no way getting loot from the same instance more then once. Keep trolling.

Deleted
    Paragon, Method and others who exploited should be removed from wowprogress.com and other sites, and disqualified from the race completely, with their raid progression locked until MOP.

Cheaters don't deserve to compete.

10+ Year Old Account
    who fucking cares? really? does any of this affect any of you? is wow really this serious of a matter to get bent out of shape over make believe gear? zomg they got a couple extra peices, the sky is falling!

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHwip46 View Post
    who fucking cares? really? does any of this affect any of you? is wow really this serious of a matter to get bent out of shape over make believe gear? zomg they got a couple extra peices, the sky is falling!
    This is my point.

Blizz should roll the gear back, so the guilds don't get an unfair advantage.

And that should be the end of it. All this rubbernecking, hoping to catch a glimpse of a train wreck is just depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Galashin View Post
    Edit
    Let's be very clear: if a student successfully makes use of unauthorized materials, I throw the book at them. But part of my job is to accept that they may be tempted, and ensure that I save them from themselves before book throwing becomes necessary. That's what happened here--Blizz caught it and can fix it before any advantage is actually gained.
    I agree that the "real test" are the heroic modes, but TECHNICALLY they already took advantage of their newly acquired gear. Imagine if blizzard said "oh yeah, we know they exploited, but since its normal mode / LFR its not a big deal lolz", then everyone will complain "OH SO ITS OK TO CHEAT AS LONG AS ITS IN NORMAL MODE???" "LOL OBVIOUSLY THEY WERE NOT PUNISHED BECAUSE THEY'RE PARAGON/VODKA" and so on..

On a personal note, taking away their gear was the right punishment, the ban not so much because i'd like to see them compete for world firsts, but if thats the punishment for exploiting, then so be it. Truth be told I don't care enough about this to actually defend people I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHwip46 View Post
    Well it affects people because this was advertised on my server, the "LFR I CAN GUARANTEE YOU LOOT EVEN IF UR SAVED LOL" so a lot of people went along with it, caused huge hype on trade, so I'm just glad it was fixed so I can bask in the glory of all the noobs who claimed it's not an exploit.

So yes, taking the gear from everyone who did this affects me: makes me happy.

The reason people are out for blood because those folks are the, HAVES.
    The HAVE NOT, tend to not want balance but to stand on the heads of the HAVES, to become HAVES themselves. ( and be just as bad, but when you are the one, who cares then)
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post
    giulds that are going for world first should have known better. I think it is funny as hell
    Yes, as stated many times - they really should have known better than not to expect a ban knowing very well what they are doing. I mean, how oblivious can they get?

Explain to me why the players should be punished because Blizzard can't be bothered to properly code their game? How many hot fixes and secret patches have gone out since 4.3 to fix things? What a shitty company, seriously. This is 100% on Blizzard. This wasn't wall hacking people, this was using the game as it was made.

Deleted
    They should also ban all the insulters in LFR/LFD/BG while they're at it. "Soft" insults should result in a 7 day ban, harsh insults and personal attacks should result in a 30 day ban, both unappealable.
    It's time to nuke the shit out of this rotten community, as it has become unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Paragon, Method and others who exploited should be removed from wowprogress.com and other sites, and disqualified from the race completely, with their raid progression locked until MOP.

Cheaters don't deserve to compete.
    Method didnt exploit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Method didnt exploit it.
    Really? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%AEt/advanced

Oh wait, looks like you're wrong, they did exploit it.

If blizzard did not punish people for exploits and simply removed the advantage people gained, that would mean there is a 100% incentive to look for ways to abuse and exploit with 0% risk from getting caught. If there is no risk of being punished for abuse, then everyone that is looking to compete in raiding will all be looking for ways to exploit, because if they find one, and it gives them an edge, they win, and if they get caught, they are no worse off than if they had never tried in the first place.

A ban is blizzards way of informing the community that this is what you will happen if you try to cheat. If blizzard did not punish, it is essentially telling the community to cheat all they want.

Imagine the world if the only punishment for getting caught robbing a convenience store is losing the money you got.
    Last edited by cleotaurus; 2011-12-03 at 08:02 AM.

they're not gonna temp ban any of them

these top guilds play for the world first race. if they are banned for the opening week, they will probably just leave the game. and blizzard loses money

blizz will never take any action that results in lost income