Ragnaros dreadflame bugged..?

So yea, went for an "easy" rag hc kill, killed him a few times prepatch so, our damage went through the roof and still we can't manage dreadflame, at around 20% it goes INSANE, and we have the same mage with the same specc doing dreadflame.

Personal issue. Mages are the very best class to deal with Dreadflames.

I did it on my Rogue just the other night and it seemed to be spawning slower. Managed to stay on the boss most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Royzzzor View Post
    Personal issue. Mages are the very best class to deal with Dreadflames.
    Yes and he did it prepatch several times..

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    I did it on my Rogue just the other night and it seemed to be spawning slower. Managed to stay on the boss most of the time.
    Our group went back for mount farming/staves after we did DS on Tuesday and noticed something similar. During the entire kill we had two dread-flame spawns during the entire encounter and our normal firefighters stayed on the boss almost full time. I suppose it could be a side-effect of the 10% melee AP buff but we've always ran a caster-heavy group so it should be marginal.

I'm guessing we just got lucky and this is a case of "onyxia deep breaths more". Any guild that was killing rag before 4.3 probably heard "no more geyser" and though "lol easy mode rag" and a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy occurred. You expected it to be much easier, it was slightly easier - you inflate the difference to match your expectation.

Sorry but we did him sunday after DS was clear and he was a joke. I tanked him for the first time in p4 since one of the tanks went pure dps now and without having to worry about the geysir its just faceroll with 1 meteor

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Our group went back for mount farming/staves after we did DS on Tuesday and noticed something similar. During the entire kill we had two dread-flame spawns during the entire encounter and our normal firefighters stayed on the boss almost full time. I suppose it could be a side-effect of the 10% melee AP buff but we've always ran a caster-heavy group so it should be marginal.

I'm guessing we just got lucky and this is a case of "onyxia deep breaths more". Any guild that was killing rag before 4.3 probably heard "no more geyser" and though "lol easy mode rag" and a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy occurred. You expected it to be much easier, it was slightly easier - you inflate the difference to match your expectation.
    Haha so dumb, we killed him before..
    Had way more dps this time ofc, DS gear+meelebuff+"dps tank" still the entire room was full of dreadflame at 20%, and i checked fraps footage, he didn't fail on it at all.. but meh, killed it a few times later with 0dreadflame in the end so meh

Just killed it on 25man with 2 extinguishers (3rd guy died on meteor getting knocked on him in the begining)

Had less dreadflames than on our first kill with just 2 of us. Elemental + Feral

10+ Year Old Account
    It was normal on our kill this week as well. Your mage just wasn't doing a good job apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the dreadflame extinguisher for our raid. When we killed him wednesday after clearing DS I noticed that he either wasn't doing dreadflame as often, or I got insanely amazing RNG on putting out dreadflames and ended up with 0 patches when we killed him (about a minute faster as well, thanks to the geyser mechanic being removed), possible they dont multiply as fast as either not quite sure, Ill see when we kill him again this week.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein