Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Point 'N click games

I recently got my wrist broken, and this prevents me from playing Skyrim, MW3 and TOR beta.

Now I recently installed The Longest Jouney again and I had a blast playing. Same with the Broken Sword.
    So do you guys know any other similair games, so that I am no longer bored anymore?

I think I read the sequel of the longest journey is no longer point and click? :<

Deleted
    Only one i can come up with now is Hector: Badge of Carnage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoumN6uPmJY trailer) or the original Dune game however that one can be quite hard to find now days good thing i still have it on cd :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend Trauma, Still Life, The Dig, Beneath a Steel Sky, based on Broken Sword & Longest Journey. Though, if you're also into humour, of course all the classic LucasArts adventures! Sam&Max, Monkey Island etc. Unfortunately, my favorite, Grim Fandango, is kinda 3D-ish keyboard-controlled.

Diablo and Diablo II?
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Syberia I and II. Also Gemini Rue if graphic style is not an issue.

Loved Syberia. Finished both some time ago though.
    Graphics is not a huge factor, although pre 2000 is the line.

A shame though, that there is a lack of these games now-a-days. Unless I overlook it.

Whispered World is quite good also

10+ Year Old Account
    the first runaway was quite good.
    if you can understand german well, I´d recommend "Edna bricht aus" and "Harveys neue Augen", they were released quite recently and have so incredibly good humor that you just have to love them despite of the "old" graphics (was an indie development I think). However, they are only in german as far as I know.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

Machinarium - best logic games ever
    Also Longest Journey, Syberia and Myst.

The Ace Attorney franchise remains one of the best Point and Click franchises around, if you have never played one highly recommended. And be sure to start with the first one, unless you do not care about the story.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld_(video_game)

Deleted
    Dead Mountaineer's Hotel and Gemini Rue are two recent titles you might wanna check out.

Deleted
    The browser game The Submachine is really good for a browser point and click.

Here is a list from Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...dventure_games

I recommend Still life 2 and Gray Matter

I'm convinced that a number of people use only their mouse in WoW, be it moving their character or interacting with npc's.

It looks like no one has mentioned Myst. That game is great. Really strange, but great.
    Personally I'd recommend RealMyst, but that's just a remake of myst that isnt point and click.

Yeah, unfortunately the Longest Journey's sequel, Dreamfall, isn't point and click.

As for suggestions, you can't go wrong with Lucasarts adventure games. Some of the best are:

Monkey Island 1, 2 & 3
    Day of the Tentacle
    Sam and Max Hit the Road
    Full Throttle
    The Dig
    Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Other than that, some other good point and click games I enjoy are:

Beneath a Steel Sky (Freeware now)
    Toonstruck
    Broken Sword 1 & 2
    The Neverhood
    Some of Yahtzee's horror adventures like 5 Days a Stranger, 7 Days a Skeptic, Trilby's Notes and 6 Days a Sacrifice (Free here)

Quote Originally Posted by Orgrim Doomhammer View Post
    Diablo and Diablo II?
    This and if you want more of an mmo feel Lineage 2 just went completely f2p and it's point & click however you will eventually get so many skills you will need to use the keyboard to activate them in a mannerly fashion however I guess some people that still swear by point and click play WoW so...you could probably play anything with just using the mouse mostly.

And yes, you can enable point and click to move in WoW I've done it ;p

Guild Wars
    Last edited by Erza; 2011-12-03 at 10:51 PM.

An AMAZING point and click game that came out just recently is a budget title called To the Moon by Freebird Games. Best story I've honestly ever encountered in any medium, let alone in a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Erza View Post
    This and if you want more of an mmo feel Lineage 2 just went completely f2p and it's point & click however you will eventually get so many skills you will need to use the keyboard to activate them in a mannerly fashion however I guess some people that still swear by point and click play WoW so...you could probably play anything with just using the mouse mostly.
    I gave L2 a shot this week but god those controls are so horrible. The movement with keys is just a complete fail and nothing but unreliable and the point to click isn't much better, you end up getting hung up on so many stupid things.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
    Legend of Kyrandia 3 - Malcoms Revenge (hardest adventure game on earth)
    Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!