Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why does the internet hate rap and hiphop ?

I dont understand everyone degrades rap and hiphop music they think their emo and death metal and what not is superior.

I dont see how one is better than the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    edit:
    misread

Deleted
    I have wondered this myself for a couple of years.
    I'm no fan of either but good music is good music I don't exclude anything other than total screaming and growling?)
    Occasionally I wander over some good metal songs, just like I do with rap and all sorts of music. But i'd really like to know OP, great question xD
    Last edited by mmoce107d4ab3d; 2011-12-11 at 03:32 AM.

No problem
    Last edited by jimmy valmer; 2011-12-11 at 03:32 AM.

It's all subjective.

But if you want to generalize... that crowd does not flock to the internet maybe?
    It sounds like the common "everyone on the internet is a virgin." Generalizing is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it quite the opposite actually. I find it hard to find people I chat with on the internet that likes the same kind of music I do. Rap and hip-hop and dance music tends to be the way to go online.

Because the type of people who post on forums are generally not the type of people who enjoy rap/hiphop.

I know that's a very vast generalization, but that's why I said "generally". There are some outliers, but that's all they are - outliers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    It's all subjective.

But if you want to generalize... that crowd does not flock to the internet maybe?
    It sounds like the common "everyone on the internet is a virgin." Generalizing is bad.
    Who hacked skellingtons account? You always speak in 3rd person!

Deleted
    The internet hates ALL kinds of music.

-If someone talks about rap, they'll call it gangster crap.

-If someone talks about indie-pop, they'll call it hipster crap

-If someone talks about dubstep, they'll call it electronic crap.

-If someone talks about any of the harder cores of rock, they'll call it noisy crap.

I could go on and on and on and use other examples than those listed, but I'm sure you already get my point.

Me, I like MUSIC, in all it's beautiful forms. Wether it'd be classic, glam rock, metalcore, dubstep, trance, house, hip hop, RNB or even jazz. I never dismiss, nor elevate, an entire genre based on a few good songs I have heard.
    Last edited by mmoccdcfc5f8d6; 2011-12-11 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post
    Offtopic but: He isn't NOT speaking in the third person. There's no point in his post where he refers to himself, so he doesn't have a chance to speak in the third person. Unless you want him to say "Skellington thinks bla bla bla" then you have a point.

15+ Year Old Account
    They aren't better than the other since they're all terrible. :3

I have a theory that involves race, but I wont say cus i dont feel like getting reported or start some flames.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I have a theory that involves race, but I wont say cus i dont feel like getting reported or start some flames.
    And you'd be on the right track, but still way off the actual truth.

Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post
    Skelington wonders who Skellington is.

It's all a matter of taste. I listen to rock, classic rock, and country. If a person puts any emo/rap/alternative/easy listening/hip-hop, or any other ridiculous nonsense on in my car, they are promptly smacked.

I always thought that inteligent human beings hated rap and hip hop, not only the ones using internet.
    Also, emo and death metal are as bad as rap and hip hop.

Opinions really. Honestly though, it's not just the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohmygosh View Post
    I always thought that inteligent human beings hated rap and hip hop, not only the ones using internet.
    Also, emo and death metal are as bad as rap and hip hop.
    Slippery slope, my friend. Slippery slope.

Tupac Shakur wrote lyrics that would rival a lot of the texts these so-called "intelligent human beings" would spew.

I don't mind rap or hiphop. I just don't like the kind of hiphop that centers bling, cars with too much crap on them, girls bouncing up and down half naked and five guys singing of how cool it is to be in the hood. That kind of music just doesn't appeal to me.

Otherwise, I listen to a little of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    I dont understand everyone degrades rap and hiphop music they think their emo and death metal and what not is superior.

I dont see how one is better than the other.
    Honestly from my point of view its the other way around.

People have their own tastes. Some people feel the need to insult each other it. I find them all to be very foolish, while I sit there enjoying what I enjoy.