Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My opinion of the game is solo player Great. Storyline Great. multiplayer? meh. Even The new Deadmines is more involved than the Black talon. The only decent thing about the instances I did were the story and that I can see getting old. Raids should have story I agree, But the biggest event in the raid shouldnt be which actions u take with npcs, But boss mechanics. like OOOH I SAVED SPECIAL NPC, but boss I saved him from was stand here and nuke no move watsoever.

Compare what I seen to general blackhorn, I kinda feel sorry for endgame.

Ill still get game after xmas with new pc, but only for the trooper and BH story lines.
    Man they dropped an A bomb with the end of the trooper line expecting it to be like horde and alliance, with the imperial getting all the good quests.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    A couple were just flat out bugged and crashed you when you zoned in, some had boss mechanic issues.

There are definitely bugs, but I think that the game pre 50, will be extremely playable and polished.
    The last patch during this past weekend had a BUNCH of FP fixes, so lets hope they know what needs to be done over the next 10 days

Deleted
    That's where the millions that left wow went :P
    (well not me, I went to Rift)
    It's fun that interest was so big, but free stuff is free and many people will catch up on that offer.
    If that many buys the game... well, I think quite many will, the interesting thing to follow is how long they will stay. If the game is as story based as many people claim it is I guess the player base will narrow down to star wars fans and ofc some people that just like the game or play with their friends.
    I hope they keep some kind of stable population, WoW need to lose some more and feel the competition so the more players spread out to other games the better =)

I'm sure the game will be a huge success, but the truth is that initial sales aren't a huge deal for MMOs, its all about maintaining those numbers. Rift had over a million preorders, it was a big success at launch. Then masses of people quit and Trion won't even say how many people are still playing.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I'm sure the game will be a huge success, but the truth is that initial sales aren't a huge deal for MMOs, its all about maintaining those numbers. Rift had over a million preorders, it was a big success at launch. Then masses of people quit and Trion won't even say how many people are still playing.
    I think this is sort of true, but only if we're measuring an MMO to WoW. Really a wildly successful initial run followed by a huge drop-off to a small but still sustainable number of subs will probably make EA very happy.

I think it will depend on Bioware's ability to address bugs and balance issues and the content release cycle.

The game plays smooth with minor changes. As far as FP's and Operations let people learn how to play for a few weeks and then raise the bar. There is absolutely no reasons to raise it so high that no one wants to tank. Give people time to figure things out and then raise it. Leveling shouldnt be hard when a game is starting.

I got 2 separate beta invites so it's not 2 million people.

One on my account created in October 2008 (one of the first few thousand registered) (Full access beta)

And one on my 2nd account, which I registered in early November 2011 and signed up for beta and got into it literally a 1.5 weeks after. (Weekend test)

I signed up using the same name and information, just different emails.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    So we can probably deduce 2 million for first free month.

2-3 Million is where I thought this game would end up.
    Well, i highly doubt such a high number of people would even know about a beta, or would want to play it/try it.

I'd guess about half the people buying the game, signed up for the beta; if that much.

And I was not even invited. It say how lucky I am.

Yeah my favorite part about playing a game is leveling..Oh wait..no it isn't =)

Played beta and it did go relatively smooth, but going to wait a month or two and see what the reviews are after most hit max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news. I hope they do well. This genre of gaming needs some solid competition. The games are starting to be unhealthy. Compitition can only lead to good things for all gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    Good news. I hope they do well. This genre of gaming needs some solid competition. The games are starting to be unhealthy. Compitition can only lead to good things for all gamers.
    This! I totally agree.

Deleted
    I managed to play perfectly this weekend. No errors of any sort, even recorded stuff while playing and it was smooth

However, the previous weekend I did have one annoying bug where I couldn't see my skills information in tooltip, just range and CD info.

I recall EA stating that the game would be a huge finacial success with only 1m subs

Big numbers at the start are great, but whats more important is keeping those numbers and growing. Bioware has the leveling right for sure, but do they have endgame that can be on par if not better than games like WoW? Because in the end thats what people care about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    I recall EA stating that the game would be a huge finacial success with only 1m subs
    Probably true. If they can keep 1 million going for a while. £9 Million monthly revenue is pretty nice

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    Word is it would be profitable at 500k subs, but it would be considered a great investment at 1m.

Only one of many many sources quoting the 500k number.
    http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/201...-at-1-million/

Quote Originally Posted by Mouni View Post
    I got 2 separate beta invites so it's not 2 million people.

One on my account created in October 2008 (one of the first few thousand registered) (Full access beta)

And one on my 2nd account, which I registered in early November 2011 and signed up for beta and got into it literally a 1.5 weeks after. (Weekend test)

I signed up using the same name and information, just different emails.
    Did you log on and play both toons?
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I think you are being a little over dramatic. There were certainly issues with a couple flashpoints in the latest build, Cademimu and Calecoid come to mind. However most played fine. The Hard mode flashpoints definitely need some tweaking. However it is safe to say that they have been working on fixing these issue in a dev build and if it is not patched in by the time the game launched, it would surely be add by the time a majority of folks make it to max level.

There will certainly be minor bugs and fixes to address as there always are with MMO releases, how BW handles them and the timeframe they fix them in will make all the difference.
    Mildy over dramatic maybe, but during the half-dozen beta builds I participated in it was sort of a one-step forward two-steps back scenario,
    every time a bug was fixed, two more would pop up
    you have to remember BW is very new to the MMO genre and the complexity of it

I would truly be surprised if the end game flash points and operations will be bug-free and enjoyable by release

dont mean to bash the game, I loved it and have pre-ordered, but this is my prediction based on my extensive beta experience
    i do hope im wrong though

So when the game was free, it peaked at two millions?

Stupid to think that this is WoW killer or will be a factor MMO when it will cost 50 buCks and a monthly subscription, MEGA FAIL BIOWARE.

Stop trolling.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-12-06 at 04:35 PM.