Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Wow, this thread went from bad to terrible. Why am I still reading it??
    Yeah seriously, take away the candy (WoW) from these kids and the world will explode. How did the thread get turned into US, EU, WWII, breaking in kinda of debate. Wow just wow... Is this really how uneducated and dense people have become?

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Just gonna say the same thing here I've said in a couple other threads:

What I find most amusing is this. The same people who try to hold up 'hardcore' raiding as some sort of competitive e-sport that deserves media attention and sponsorships and all that jazz... are the same ones who are balling up their fists, stomping their feet, and crying like angry toddlers when it's being TREATED like a competitive sport and people who cheat are getting justly punished for breaking the rules.

You can't have it both ways, kiddos. Either it's 'just a game', and no one should take a 'silly little bug' seriously, or it's a serious competition and people who cheat should be punished.
    ^^^^^ THIS. I could not agree any more than with this statement regarding the LFR exploit crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by pooli0 View Post
    I dont have the gear or a ban. If they wanted a 4 set on their tanks they could've just gotten it anyway by running them through different lockouts + a normal lockout odds are they'd get 4 pieces for their tank.

The ammount of people jumping on the wagon is absurd especially cause 99% will never have to care about racing for world firsts (neither will i btw thanks :P)
    You're right. I don't care about racing for world first.

I do, however, relish in the joy of seeing the "world best" guilds getting knocked down a peg by getting caught cheating. It is oh so glorious and their fanboy's tears are delicious.

As far as I am concerned: If you have to CHEAT to get somewhere you are not the world best anything and are undeserving of any and all praise.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    The only one here ignorant is You for believing what ever is on any Wiki page! "Durp, I'm smart, I read WIKI! Durp!"
    Yeah run from anything with "wiki" in it if you are trying to make a good argument lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verlein View Post
    You will NOT shrink me, gypsie.
    I lol'd, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I lol'd, thank you.
    As did I. This officially culminated the thread for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC didn't blizz ban people for rolling lockouts way way way back when?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Old View Post
    For all posting hate in here, most of you terribly overlook the situation.

1) This is a game, we are not stealing anything.

2) It doesn't affect 99,99% of you, and you probably have no idea how we would use this gear and for how long, but still so many people feel entitled to have strong opinions on the matter.

3) Many exploits haven't resulted in a ban in the past. Even tho some top guilds used them, you (all) are the first to completely ignore them when you reckon "X is a good guild, Y is the best, etc.."

4) Using an exploit is never obvious for top guilds. Decisions have to be taken rapidly, on the move.

5) We have spent the last 5 months farming Firelands with up to 5 groups a week for legendaries. We are only playing this game for this very week of progress and the commitment needed is quite energy draining. Banning 3 days and removing gear is punishment. Banning 8 days is giving you the big middle finger and screwing 5 months of preparation on top of the week of vacation people took from their work. It doesn't really look fair to me to simply impede you from playing the only week of the year you really want to.

6) Quite frankly, it's clearly our fault for exploiting, no one say otherwise. But much much more than that, it's the fault of Blizzard inconsistency in their behavior. Trust me, if all the past exploits had resulted in a ban, no one would have exploited this, ever.

7) Does it set an example? Hell no, we all know that tons of future bugs will be exploited and nothing will ever happen.

8) What of the race? Well think whatever you want on the matter, but I personnally don't play just to get "world first". I play to compete with other guilds and quite frankly, we all found ways to get an edge at some point. Those "innocent" guilds that will rush Heroic modes while 95% of their competitors are on the bench waiting, I feel bad for them. Maybe it's what they need to actually get decent rankings, one day isn't enough for US guilds? Anyway, if, by some extraodinary means, one of the banned guild takes a world first, I would disband my so-called competitive guild if I were you.
    I agree with this post 100%

especially under his second point, it doesn't affect 99.99% of you, i guarantee only a select few in this thread have even considered trying for "world firsts" but everyone is oh-so-hurt and think it affects them.

Did I get banned? yes
    am i irritated? yes
    Is an 8 day ban the biggest middle finger blizzard could give? yes

I would rather be perma banned than have an 8 day ban, this was going to be my last tier of content anyways, I was ready to go hard in the paint and turbo nerd mode, but blizzard likes to throw a wrench in things

It's almost comical actually, I bet a couple of you might remember cata release? fishing for cata fish before the game was "released" blizzard banned everyone who did that the NIGHT before release for 1 day, making everyone that was going to go for realm firsts lose them.

All in all, it still wont matter, the good guilds will still get the world firsts and the 10th place guilds will stay in 10th place as per usual

Is it bad that I am absolutely loving the turnaround statements coming from the cheaters?

At first it was like yeah we did it, so what? They won't do anything! Hahahahaa!
    Now it's like...we did it, we were wrong, but it's still Blizz's fault, they MADE us do it! Held a gun to our heads and everything! Now I took time off WORK for NOTHING! Blizz caused this!

Seriously? Stop changing your tune so often. You chose to gamble thinking Blizz wouldn't punish you. You were wrong. Accept it. Learn from your mistake.
    Also learn that many people in the community aren't supportive of cheaters. Those that are spectators probably prefer to see an honest race.

Kudos to Blizz for slapping out bans after the cheaters not only cheated, but then spit in the face of the community by bragging about it like tools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    As far as I am concerned: If you have to CHEAT to get somewhere you are not the world best anything and are undeserving of any and all praise.

and yet Barry Bonds is in the baseball hall of fame despite the doping scandal. not even an asterisk by his name.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Old View Post
    For all posting hate in here, most of you terribly overlook the situation.

1) This is a game, we are not stealing anything.

2) It doesn't affect 99,99% of you, and you probably have no idea how we would use this gear and for how long, but still so many people feel entitled to have strong opinions on the matter.

3) Many exploits haven't resulted in a ban in the past. Even tho some top guilds used them, you (all) are the first to completely ignore them when you reckon "X is a good guild, Y is the best, etc.."

4) Using an exploit is never obvious for top guilds. Decisions have to be taken rapidly, on the move.

5) We have spent the last 5 months farming Firelands with up to 5 groups a week for legendaries. We are only playing this game for this very week of progress and the commitment needed is quite energy draining. Banning 3 days and removing gear is punishment. Banning 8 days is giving you the big middle finger and screwing 5 months of preparation on top of the week of vacation people took from their work. It doesn't really look fair to me to simply impede you from playing the only week of the year you really want to.

6) Quite frankly, it's clearly our fault for exploiting, no one say otherwise. But much much more than that, it's the fault of Blizzard inconsistency in their behavior. Trust me, if all the past exploits had resulted in a ban, no one would have exploited this, ever.

7) Does it set an example? Hell no, we all know that tons of future bugs will be exploited and nothing will ever happen.

8) What of the race? Well think whatever you want on the matter, but I personnally don't play just to get "world first". I play to compete with other guilds and quite frankly, we all found ways to get an edge at some point. Those "innocent" guilds that will rush Heroic modes while 95% of their competitors are on the bench waiting, I feel bad for them. Maybe it's what they need to actually get decent rankings, one day isn't enough for US guilds? Anyway, if, by some extraodinary means, one of the banned guild takes a world first, I would disband my so-called competitive guild if I were you.
    wah wah wah wah you shouldn't have cheated

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    and yet Barry Bonds is in the baseball hall of fame despite the doping scandal. not even an asterisk by his name.
    Ugh, trust me....I know...he doesn't deserve it.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    its interesting that everyone who were got banned are innocent.

Deleted
    Oh well shit happens... They knew there was chance that it could result in a ban (to base that decision on the fact that other exploits went unpunished is both ignorant and foolish) The whole thing is rather pathetic.

Do the crime, do the time. Suck it up I say.

Fanbois: COME AT ME BRO!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Igra View Post
    blizzard likes to throw a wrench in things
    If you exploited and got banned the only person throwing a wrench in your things is YOU.. PERIOD.

Maybe if there was a drop of real proof? just cus we all think he cheated doesnt mean he did,
    BUT this is wow an us thinking the guild cheated mattersn
    I"M GLAD YOU GOT BANNED
    I sensed a great disturbance. As if a thousand nerds just cried out at once and then were silenced.

that's cos baseball fucking sucks and no one cares

That's cuz Barry was playing MLB, not WoW.

WoW is serious business!

[damn, I'm so white-bread I can't even fake leet-speak...]
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Like I said earlier: They are only apologizing and admitting they were wrong because they got caught and were punished. It's just like dealing with little kids, they will keep on exploiting/bending whatever rules you give them but will only show remorse when they get in trouble.

I don't think the apology is meaningless, but it is lessened greatly by the general trolling they did with the gear and trolling. Some of them were on the forefront of the unequipping yukyukyuking when this first hit the WoW media. Such as this post by Paragons warlock Hermanii on Paragons official forum.

I logged in 30 minutes ago to unequip some items from my character for general amusement. Great success.
    Does that seem like a comment from someone who realized they were wrong, or where just doing it to keep up? No, it looks like a spoiled brat who didn't think they would get into trouble.

15+ Year Old Account
    @ Banned Guilds: