Thread: So I'm torn...

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

So I'm torn...

I have been playing wow since pre nerfed bc and mainly one toon. I have loved this game for a long time and never had many complaints till now. It's just not doing it for me anymore. I made the mistake of playing the SW:TOR BETA weekend and lets just say I can't even log in anymore. I have zero motivation to even show up for raids. Im not here to tell you I'm quiting wow because you dont care, I want to know will you play TOR, did you play the beta, and why will you or won't you play TOR?

Sorry if this in the wrong place I'm new to posting

And I don't know how to make a poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypr View Post
    I have been playing wow since pre nerfed bc and mainly one toon. I have loved this game for a long time and never had many complaints till now. It's just not doing it for me anymore. I made the mistake of playing the SW:TOR BETA weekend and lets just say I can't even log in anymore. I have zero motivation to even show up for raids. Im not here to tell you I'm quiting wow because you dont care, I want to know will you play TOR, did you play the beta, and why will you or won't you play TOR?

yes im playing tor, ive been sick of wow since wrath, i just kept going thinking there would be s ome innovation yet there was none. RIP WOW I miss burning Crusade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Deleted
    yes i will play

I had preordered long time before beta, but beta was far better than I expected, so I was very happy

Deleted
    I was on the fence before the first stress test weekend but preordered SWTOR straight after playing it. I'm not sure how long I'll play the game for when all that's left is end game, as the raid or die approach is why I got bored of WoW. I imagine the story and exploration will keep me going for a good few months at least and then I can decide if the end game is enjoyable to me or not.

I made my preorder the day it was available. Love all things bioware and starwars to a lesser extent so it was a no brainer for me. I was apprehensive about playing the beta. More or less fearing it would be that first shot of some wonderful drug and not being able to get it again for many weeks. I was right. I'm also like you in that I can't really make myself log into wow anymore. I maybe to a random dungeon and them I'm bored as hell. I'm much more caught up in planning my trooper (yay femshep!!) and inquisitor.

I have played the last two beta weekends, and I will definitely play SWTOR.

It's new, it's fun, it's Star Wars (without Jar Jar and the Ewoks), and I actually like the space battles.

But mostly because the people that I actually enjoyed playing with in WoW are all going to play SWTOR.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed my time immensely on the beta. Had a blast lvling my bounty hunter and can't wait for release. The waiting is really the worst part.

I foresee dark things happening in this thread.

I'll be playing wow and swtor the beta won me over, if swtor has a good end game experience I doubt I'll touch wow till MoP.

Alot of people will play both WoW and TOR or at least try TOR. I would bet roughly 1 million WoW subscribers buy TOR. Even if they only play it during their no raiding hours or to simply play it as a KOTOR3 and then go back to WoW.

Both games can exist and will exist, people who enjoy the direction WoW is going and the improvements they have made to their game will stick with WoW. Those who are looking for something new, are BW fans, Star Wars fans will give TOR a try. After a few months of playing and the developers actions towards the community, bugs, and delivering on promises will be the start of how the game will turn out.

I will be playing TOR a great deal and possibly may keep my WoW sub also, my wife loves the game and might continue to play it. Currently I can see everything WoW has to offer in a very short time period and its fun enjoying it with my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainnt View Post
    yes im playing tor, ive been sick of wow since wrath, i just kept going thinking there would be s ome innovation yet there was none. RIP WOW I miss burning Crusade.
    about the same for me BC pre patch 2.4 was the golden age

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh I despise myself for thinking of the Natalie Imbruglia song when I saw the title.. .

My original plan was to play 4.3 and Swtor at the same time but dont think i'll be renewing my sub anymore, WoW's still a decent enough game but i've just burnt myself out on it. Also I really dont like the PvP anymore so the new raid is all thats left for me atm, not really worth the £8.99 a month to me.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I just got so fed up with the decisions Acti/blizzard made that I stopped playing. I was also bored of the game. I then got selected to try out the beta weekend before the huge massive open one. Oh lord heavens I knew there was no turning back.

My advice to you is to play what you enjoy. Do not worry how long you played a game or all you did if it is no longer fun. Play what you enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I loved wow in TBC pre nerf there was something special knowing you went through the attunements for ssc and tk to get into them thats when wow was at its best but something happened to where they catered to casuals more then the people who have played their game for so many years not saying i hate wow i just hate what it has become and MoP was pretty much the last straw for me with wow i pre ordered the CE of SWTOR the first day i could and got into the thanksgiving beta and found myself saying holy crap why did i ever play wow this game is so much better and its not even the launch build. at this point i really dont think there is anything blizz could do to bing me back which is sad cause i devoted a good 6.5 years of my life to the game

I find it hard to log into WOW now that I've played SWTOR. We killed Deathwing on Wednesday after doing 7/8 on Tuesday and I was very underwhelmed. I don't see myself playing much at all after we kill heroic Deathwing. This will be, for sure, my final expansion after 7 years of playing.

I want to know will you play TOR, did you play the beta, and why will you or won't you play TOR?

Not sure this is the place to get an unbiased opinion, as 99% of the people posting here will say yes you should play

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    yes i will play

I had preordered long time before beta, but beta was far better than I expected, so I was very happy
    Same here, I preordered when they came out. Beta confirmed everything I hoped to be true.

it really baffles me and I can't help but sound condescending and mean spirited, I just can't act any other way towards most of the WOW fans.

Its like when you see a child who keeps touching the hot stove repeatedly you have no choice but to label him an idiot. An individual who isn't all there.

How can people not expect SWTOR to be better than wow?

Wow came out in 2005 probably uses technology and graphical engine created in 2002. So how do you expect it to stack up to SWTOR a product using 2011-2012 technology?

Thats like saying OH WOW I can't believe the 2012 3D HDTV CAN BE SO MUCH BETTER THAN my 2002 TV! I'M SO BLOWN AWAY!

Its like saying I can't believe the 2012 COBRA MUSTANG is so much faster than my 2002 mustang! HOW COULD THAT BE EVEN possible? MY MIND IS SO BLOWN!!!

MODS can ban me all they want, there is no other way of saying it but this is to the OP NOOOOO DUUUUHHHHH!!!!!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Not sure this is the place to get an unbiased opinion, as 99% of the people posting here will say yes you should play
    well he clearly wanted the opinion of people who are playing as he posted it here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    it really baffles me and I can't help but sound condescending and mean spirited, I just can't act any other way towards most of the WOW fans.

Its like when you see a child who keeps touching the hot stove repeatedly you have no choice but to label him an idiot. An individual who isn't all there.

How can people not expect SWTOR to be better than wow?

Wow came out in 2005 probably uses technology and graphical engine created in 2002. So how do you expect it to stack up to SWTOR a product using 2011-2012 technology?

Thats like saying OH WOW I can't believe the 2012 3D HDTV CAN BE SO MUCH BETTER THAN my 2002 TV! I'M SO BLOWN AWAY!

Its like saying I can't believe the 2012 COBRA MUSTANG is so much faster than my 2002 mustang! HOW COULD THAT BE EVEN possible? MY MIND IS SO BLOWN!!!

MODS can ban me all they want, there is no other way of saying it but this is to the OP NOOOOO DUUUUHHHHH!!!!!
    By that logic every MMO that has been released since WoW's release should have been better than it. Been plenty of games that had more advanced engines and they still sucked ass in comparison.

ill be playing tor - bought the CE last weekend although i will still keep my wow account going, logging in everynight jst to see how things are going - once ive had all i can of tor ill be swapping between the 2 tbh