Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Post Epic Gems are available through PVP (limited selection BOP)

It turns out Blizzard decided to make some epic gems available through PVP after all. These are the pre-cut BOP gem's that are available for 750 conquest each:

Blue +63 Spell Pen
    Green +25 Hit +25 Resil
    Green +32 Spell Pen +25 Mastery
    Green +25 Crit +32 Spell Pen
    Green +25 Haste +32 Spell Pen
    Green +25 Resil +37 Stam
    Green +25 Spirit +25 Resil
    Green +32 Spell Pen +25 Resil
    Orange +25 Agility +25 Resil
    Orange +25 Strength +25 Resil
    Orange +25 Parry +25 Resil
    Orange +25 Expertise +25 Resil
    Orange +25 Intellect +25 Resil
    Purple +25 Intellect +32 Spell Pen
    Yellow +50 Resil
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

750 conquest is too steep, at least for the beginning of the season.

Well, at this price, it like the one you gain from PVE... You will have them... Someday

Deleted
    750 is an absurd amount considering they're not even good gems. The only ones people with a brain will use are the 25 int/25 resi, 25 str/25 resi and the 50 resi (with the occasional spell pen one thrown around, possibly, or the stam/resi if you're tanking RBGs).

The fact there are no 50 str or 50 int ones is actually insulting if you ask me - you'll either be PvEing for them or buying them off the AH, this change accomplishes next to nothing; I can see myself resorting to it at the very end of the season after I gemmed all my holy gear and need a couple fillers for my ret set. Depressing, really, don't know why they instantly assume every PvPer willing to buy gems for conquest points will want either resilience hybrids or pure resilience ones (or they're trying to make sure we don't make any gold out of selling cut reds to high-end PvE guilds, in which case - lol).

Intentions are probably good but it's just... Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    750 is an absurd amount considering they're not even good gems. The only ones people with a brain will use are the 25 int/25 resi, 25 str/25 resi and the 50 resi (with the occasional spell pen one thrown around, possibly, or the stam/resi if you're tanking RBGs).

The fact there are no 50 str or 50 int ones is actually insulting if you ask me - you'll either be PvEing for them or buying them off the AH, this change accomplishes next to nothing; I can see myself resorting to it at the very end of the season after I gemmed all my holy gear and need a couple fillers for my ret set. Depressing, really, don't know why they instantly assume every PvPer willing to buy gems for conquest points will want either resilience hybrids or pure resilience ones (or they're trying to make sure we don't make any gold out of selling cut reds to high-end PvE guilds, in which case - lol).

Intentions are probably good but it's just... Yeah.
    Point is the downside of using 50 Primary stat gems from PvP would be PvP would become required to PvE. This game is a predominantly a PvE game so its okay if to be 100% best you need the odd PvE item, especially if its BoE (been like this with trinkets and weapons for melee dps for ages), but its not okay to force PvErs to PvP, and if you gave Primary stat gems from PvP, you would see a massive influx of bads running PvP to get gems, on multiple alts so that they could farm the hell out of them and deck out their character in full epic gems in a month. If you put a rating cap of the gems to try and discourage this, it would just cause rating inflation from all the bads trying to get to high rating giving other bads more rating too.

Positives far outweigh the negatives for the community as a whole.

Blizzard failed us AGAIN, all of that because of the fear of ppl making tons of money on there own broken Prof. 'JC of course'.
    I REALLY doubt there is any other reason other than ppl playing the AH (becoming millionaires, selling gold or w/e they want to do).
    Instead of fixing the problem, they shit on our heads by not leting pvp get the gems at first and now they shit AGAIN offering this outrageous deal of Lame gems with HUGE cost, and not being even able to trade if we want for better stats. GG
    Im tired of blizzard shitting on our pvp heads.

Deleted
    those gems suck and 750 points is expensive for a gem

you'll either be PvEing for them or buying them off the AH
    Which in practice means buying them off the auction house because even if you PvE you are lucky to get 1 epic gem per week.

No pure intellect/str/agility gems?

Well, these are useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, what's the problem with getting PvP gems through PvP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Wait, what's the problem with getting PvP gems through PvP?
    PvPers use "PvE" gems all the time. My rogue is socketed in all +40 Agi atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneat View Post
    PvPers use "PvE" gems all the time. My rogue is socketed in all +40 Agi atm.
    While we're at it, we also use PvE items all the time, like my spriest's 397 cunning of the cruel trinket. Hello 30k crit out of nowhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokty View Post
    Which in practice means buying them off the auction house because even if you PvE you are lucky to get 1 epic gem per week.
    And in two of three cases, you get the wrong one...

But: Making STAT-Gems available through PVP, PVE players would need to do PVP to get those epic gems. That would be really bad because in every progress guild, you would be even forced to spend your points for that (since PvP gear doesn'T help in Pve; gems do).

Not to mention that in PVE, you get one red gem every three weeks, while in PVP, you could get 6 red gems in the same time.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2011-12-07 at 09:09 AM.

the whole idea of the cost being that high is that they are the last thing that you should be buying with your conquest. its the same for us pve'ers the red gems are so rare that we are not gonna put one into our gear until its our bis heroic item, and then u still have to get the gems in the first place to fill your gear. my guild cleared 8/8 in the first week and got 1!!!! red gem, so just be happy that there is no randomness to getting your gems as its the same for every1 in pvp and pve, you wont be getting your epic gems until very late endgame/season

Deleted
    Seriously, 750 conquest? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    And in two of three cases, you get the wrong one...

But: Making STAT-Gems available through PVP, PVE players would need to do PVP to get those epic gems. That would be really bad because in every progress guild, you would be even forced to spend your points for that (since PvP gear doesn'T help in Pve; gems do).

Not to mention that in PVE, you get one red gem every three weeks, while in PVP, you could get 6 red gems in the same time.
    And because of that it is ok to screw with the pvp community? so the dragon slayers don't need to run pvp?
    Either way its not fair, no one is arguing that. what they need is to fix the entire 'gem drop from raid' thing.

IDC if ppl are making millions of gold selling gems, that is Blizz fault. they need to figure out how to balance wihtout hurting us.
    or AT LEAST make the gems drop from LFR, give me a reason to queue that thing, im willing to run pve to get em just for pvp. (and no, normal mode, guild run or pugs wont work for me).
    Last edited by otro; 2011-12-07 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    solution:

all socket in pvp equip became "Gladiator Socket" (and have a color, as pve sockets), aditional socket grant by blacksmith on pvp equip ara also "gladiator socket".
    gems you buy by honor points (Honor, not conquest!!, or low the cost!) can only be put on "Gladiator socket"

pvp gems are exactly the same as pve gems (40 agi, 40 str...etc..)

:P

PS: sorry for my english

Easy solution as I think others may have suggested: PvP gems can only be placed in pvp gear. Then they just make all the gems come from the vendor. But probably for something mroe reasonable, maybe like 250. Considering a raider has the chance at 8 epic gems at one per boss, there should be more than 2-4 for most based on their conquest cap.

Deleted
    Yes they are