Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    And because of that it is ok to screw with the pvp community? so the dragon slayers don't need to run pvp?
    Either way its not fair, no one is arguing that. what they need is to fix the entire 'gem drop from raid' thing.

IDC if ppl are making millions of gold selling gems, that is Blizz fault. they need to figure out how to balance wihtout hurting us.
    or AT LEAST make the gems drop from LFR, give me a reason to queue that thing, im willing to run pve to get em just for pvp. (and no, normal mode, guild run or pugs wont work for me).
    The game is majority PvE, making PvErs do PvP is bad, making PvPers do PvE is not as bad. PvErs who want to be optimal don't get a choice, its Primary Stats or go home. In PvP you can get Spell Pen, Stamina and Resilience. As I said in my post above, it the lesser of two evils.

Deleted
    It's not the lesser of two evils. The "evils" can easily be sorted, as has been said, make it so that the gems obtained through PvP can only be used to socket PvP items - this way PvErs won't have to do the oh so abominable side of the game we weirdos seem to enjoy and PvPers who wish to socket their PvE gear have to do PvE to do so.

Regardless, why are you so demanding? They're already making them pre-cut, BoP and utter shit so that we can't make money off of doing what we like and have to spend hours doing dailies or sitting at the Auction House, why can't they just give us proper ones? I doubt PvErs would go through the excruciating trouble of doing 10 arenas per week in order to get 2 extra gems. Or maybe they would. Who cares? No one's forcing them, if they really do praise themselves as slayers of evil dargons they should have other (more appropriate) ways of gemming every single piece they get - work for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    It's not the lesser of two evils. The "evils" can easily be sorted, as has been said, make it so that the gems obtained through PvP can only be used to socket PvP items - this way PvErs won't have to do the oh so abominable side of the game we weirdos seem to enjoy and PvPers who wish to socket their PvE gear have to do PvE to do so.

Regardless, why are you so demanding? They're already making them pre-cut, BoP and utter shit so that we can't make money off of doing what we like and have to spend hours doing dailies or sitting at the Auction House, why can't they just give us proper ones? I doubt PvErs would go through the excruciating trouble of doing 10 arenas per week in order to get 2 extra gems. Or maybe they would. Who cares? No one's forcing them, if they really do praise themselves as slayers of evil dargons they should have other (more appropriate) ways of gemming every single piece they get - work for them.
    Sorry, but the obvious amount of PvP glorification coming from this made me throw up a little. Of course "PvErs" would do 10 "excruciating" arenas per week to get 2 extra gems. That's about 200% more per week. Furthermore, you complain about "hours of dailies"? You can get LOADS of cash just by doing the molten front dailies and those take 30 mins max.

I don't think dedicating shitloads of time to make an entirely new system with pvp gear and gems flagged as such is a good thing. There are already loads of features being worked on and the proposed system, although it sounds simple, would take up a massive amount of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Sorry, but the obvious amount of PvP glorification coming from this made me throw up a little. Of course "PvErs" would do 10 "excruciating" arenas per week to get 2 extra gems. That's about 200% more per week. Furthermore, you complain about "hours of dailies"? You can get LOADS of cash just by doing the molten front dailies and those take 30 mins max.

I don't think dedicating shitloads of time to make an entirely new system with pvp gear and gems flagged as such is a good thing. There are already loads of features being worked on and the proposed system, although it sounds simple, would take up a massive amount of resources.
    It isnt the DOING of 10 arena matches, its the WINNING of 10 of them that can be a pain in the ass. Most of my alts i find a random other DPS to go do 2s and sometimes you end up with weird comps like mage enh shaman or rogue war or comps that really arent that effective in 2s and it can take 15-20 games to get your wins in. 15-20 games at about 2-3 mins per game can end up taking quite a long time unless you have a fairly instant Q.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by winkysmnm View Post
    It isnt the DOING of 10 arena matches, its the WINNING of 10 of them that can be a pain in the ass. Most of my alts i find a random other DPS to go do 2s and sometimes you end up with weird comps like mage enh shaman or rogue war or comps that really arent that effective in 2s and it can take 15-20 games to get your wins in. 15-20 games at about 2-3 mins per game can end up taking quite a long time unless you have a fairly instant Q.
    One hour in an entire week. Hard stuff.

Pure PvP gems being bought with PvP points? I see nothing wrong with this. If you started wanting them to include 50 str, 50 int, 50 mastery, etc., which are primarily used in PvE scenarios, with what they already provide, then I might see some issues with this. The only way to 100% get an epic gem now, is to kill Deathwing; this is the only way, as killing a normal boss only gives you a CHANCE. I think you guys have it made being able to get gems for 750 CP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post

"PvErs"? What would you have me call them, then? Players who focus on Player versus Environment content? I was by no means glorifying PvP, although it's what I rather do in this game as I find PvE boring for the most part (asides progression). What's the problem with doing arena to whore 200% more gems a week? I'd do it if I was pushing for server firsts and shit, even if I hated every second. Sacrifices are to be made if you want to be the best at anything, I'd gladly switch places with you if all I had to do were 10 meager arena matches compared to my 27 ToC runs back in Wrath to get HC Solace and 20~ ICC clears for Bauble.

Not complaining, just saying it's not exactly fair to give us shit gems just because PvErs would feel the need to PvP in order to gem their gear faster. It's like saying we shouldn't have x number of mount achievements at all because us collectors would feel the need to buy the Blizzard Store ones to push our numbers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Not complaining, just saying it's not exactly fair to give us shit gems just because PvErs would feel the need to PvP in order to gem their gear faster. It's like saying we shouldn't have x number of mount achievements at all because us collectors would feel the need to buy the Blizzard Store ones to push our numbers.
    While I agree some of those gems are rather shitty, there are some useful ones. I see your point though, I just don't agree with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    No primary stat gems so PvE players don't feel forced to win 8 BG a week to buy gems for their gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    No primary stat gems so PvE players don't feel forced to win 8 BG a week to buy gems for their gear.
    Nothing wrong with forcing me to get a pug that can actually clear the place in order to milk the best on my pvp scenario amright?
    Or maybe nothing wrong with forcing the GM of my guild to force us to start doing DS so we can get epic gems to our RBGs amright?
    You PvErs wont get it, ever. only if they hurt ur own e-peen.
    These gems wont cut for the high end, pvp guilds are starting to organize raids just for gems (hardcore i know, but thats how competitive games are).

Dragonslayers need to stop looking at ur own belly button

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    The game is majority PvE, making PvErs do PvP is bad, making PvPers do PvE is not as bad. PvErs who want to be optimal don't get a choice, its Primary Stats or go home. In PvP you can get Spell Pen, Stamina and Resilience. As I said in my post above, it the lesser of two evils.
    I like how when they put PvE items in the game that greatly imbalance Arena and practically make having it mandatory to achieve R1 and sometimes even glad they say "You aren't forced to PvE."

Yet even now that you can do PUG BG's to get conquest and you don't even have to step into arena or have a single piece of PvP gear they say. "We don't want our PvEers to feel required to do PvP (so they don't see how easy PvE truly is and thus want a challenge). It doesn't feel fair to us to make them have to spend about 2000% less time than they would farming the 25k people are charging to buy gems by playing another (far more enjoyable than farming) part of the game."

Yeah I said it PvE guys go ahead and cry about our "bias" again as you insult us directly and somehow find "hidden" insults in what our posters are saying. Honestly if you aren't PvPers why in fuck are u in our forums? It's bad enough that we PvPers have to argue with one another so much but adding in a bunch of people that don't even really care about this genre of the game is tiresome to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    No pure intellect/str/agility gems?

Well, these are useless.
    That's because pure int/str/agi are also big PvE cuts. The ones they made available are for PvP. Any raider in their right mind would never buy one of these gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezman View Post
    The ones they made available are for PvP. Any raider in their right mind would never buy one of these gems.
    But most of them aren't even useful to PvPers either and most especially at the price. I would spend maybe 50-100 conquest for a gem with a few extra points of Resilience mid season. I would NEVER spend 700 until after I had bought everything I could imagine wanting. Thats WTF were talking about here.

The problem is that you're here arguing something you obviously have no clue about. We use Red gems for more than half of our slots for most classes and some that don't need much Resilience or SPen USE NOTHING BUT RED GEMS. At the level of Resilience people are at gaining 30 resilience for almost 2200 Conquest is fucking retarded. That's our issue.

WE ARE SAYING THEY ARE ALMOST USELESS TO ANY PLAYER REGARDLESS OR GENRE ESPECIALLY AT THE PRICE. Get it through your fucking skulls. This isn't a PvP v PvE thing. Its a "Why the fuck even waste the time" and "thanks for spitting in our face" issue. I don't normally rage on Blizzard but this is absolutely ridiculous. Either give us useable gems at a reasonable price or don't stick a dick in our face and call it an ice cream sandwich.

There is no reason to even put them in the game at such a high cost for such nearly useless gems. As I said before how come its cool with you to force us to play "you're game" yet its not cool for you to have to play "ours". So many of you "Anti- PvP-PvEers" are just a bunch one one sighted tools that think its ok to fuck us over and force us to do the most god awful easy boring as fuck raids to stay competitive but god forbid anything be done to make you do something you don't fully enjoy. You say "but you don't have to have PvE stuff to compete in PvP." Really? Well you wouldn't HAVE to do PvP to get your gems I mean they drop from raids right? You can still down bosses without epic gems right? See that is exactly the equivalent of what your telling us yet you're just too arrogant to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezman View Post
    That's because pure int/str/agi are also big PvE cuts. The ones they made available are for PvP. Any raider in their right mind would never buy one of these gems.
    It's alright for PvPers to have to do PvE content to be competitive, but God forbid PvErs have the option to do PvP to stay competitive.

And I don't even want to think of those poor PvE players who have to do PvP for BiS items. Oh no no no.

Deleted
    Ideeeeeeaaaaa

40 Agi + +15 resi gem, red socket
    20 agi + +35 resi gem, orange socket

That way PvPers get the benefit of some extra resi on their gems, maintain their sockets, and firmly lock them away from being useful in any way for PvE, since a +40 gem provides identical stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneat View Post
    Ideeeeeeaaaaa

40 Agi + +15 resi gem, red socket
    20 agi + +35 resi gem, orange socket

That way PvPers get the benefit of some extra resi on their gems, maintain their sockets, and firmly lock them away from being useful in any way for PvE, since a +40 gem provides identical stats.
    Or just give us actual gems that are useful and only useable on PvP equipment.

Hahahahahaa

Everytime PvP players complain about being "forced" to do PvE, PvE players reply that you aren't forced to do anything.

Now we are suggesting to get Epic primary stat gems and PvE players complain that they would be "forced" to do PvP.

I laugh at your double standards pve hero's.

So it's ok to make PvP'ers have to PvE for gems but not the other way around...bullshit yet again
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

blame PVE imo useless fucking gems thx to PVE fags they dont want PVE nerds do PVP , but they want PVPers do LOLPVE...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyne View Post
    blame PVE imo useless fucking gems thx to PVE fags they dont want PVE nerds do PVP , but they want PVPers do LOLPVE...
    Yh, it's good to see their MoP design philosophy of "Won't have to be forced to do anything you don't like" will only apply to people that do PvE.