Deleted

2v2 Shadow priest

Hi, I am trying to play 2v2 with frostmage and we got a big problems to get higher rat. Is shadow priest playable in 2v2 ? I am still under slow, slow , slow, interrupt.When I am defending >> doing no dmg. I dont wanna play disco, this is maybe answer on my question - to play disco, but i dont like that. I am trying to go direct dmg, because dots are so weak.
    ( we got succes only in this way - direct dmg - mind spike +mind blast).
    I have got 4400resil and everyone eats me.

so, please answer me on following questions:

is SP playable in 2v2 ?
    some tricks, tips?
    how much haste is optimal ?
    better to get crit when i am doing direct dmg ? (13.3 crit now)

highly playable with a good mage.
    just playable with a bad mage.
    Mage needs to go baby sit mode vs melee and youll score dem winz yo!

it's playable like Stickyjam said, but you can't afford to let the other team get a decent opener on you.
    I wouldn't say it's "highly playable" though, imo spriest in 2s is quite bad.
    I'd say reforge to haste if you hate hit & spell pen cap, think somewhere around 20% is normal haste. Crit is just too rng.
    You should only mindspikex3->mindblast when you have wings up, and make sure they have no way of stopping you from casting it.
    Last edited by Woop Woop; 2011-12-12 at 08:15 PM.

by high rating, you mean?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendell View Post
    Hi, I am trying to play 2v2 with frostmage and we got a big problems to get higher rat. Is shadow priest playable in 2v2 ? I am still under slow, slow , slow, interrupt.When I am defending >> doing no dmg. I dont wanna play disco, this is maybe answer on my question - to play disco, but i dont like that. I am trying to go direct dmg, because dots are so weak.
    ( we got succes only in this way - direct dmg - mind spike +mind blast).
    I have got 4400resil and everyone eats me.

so, please answer me on following questions:

is SP playable in 2v2 ?
    some tricks, tips?
    how much haste is optimal ?
    better to get crit when i am doing direct dmg ? (13.3 crit now)
    Guess you should be happy with 1500 rating

Deleted
    i have spell pene cap, hit cap. i am playing affli lock as a main and there is no problem to get 2k+.

But i wanna get that rat with SP, wanna found the way "how to". why i am casting mind spike? because there is instant MB + paralysis and one extra time to free cast anything else. what about dots? too weak

Yeah it's a very good comp. Not the omgOP comp but very very good.

Your mage is gonna have to peel for you constantly and all he basically gets to do is cc, especially against melee or they're gonna eat you alive.

It's hard to give a good plan because it changes moreso depending on the situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    The reason people tell you to go disc is this - a disc / mage comp has TONS of abilities to make mistakes and fix their errors - the mage can CC so well they can reset the fight if they want - they can let the disc drink if they want - and if the mage gets trucked - the priest just heals them back up - so you pretty much have to go for the priest first.

Shadow/mage was stronger when shadowpriests could use their heals effectively in pvp - but now its not worth it - not effective - during combat. Shadow/Frost is a good, real comp in 2's - but you don't have redundancy - they ability to make and recover from errors that disc/frost have, you need to get your CC chains right on the first or maybe the second try - but you won't be playing long games like this. It's a good comp - if I did 2's I would play it - but getting high rating is more about not losing than it is about how you win, and disc/frost have much more difficult time losing a fight than shadow/frost do.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

As a Shadow Priest in 2v2, EXPECT to be trained even with your babysitter mage