Thread: Armortech help!

Armortech help!

Hey guys! So I'm rolling an operative at launch and decided to go armortech, because I would like to be able to craft myself decent gear while farming for other gear (kinda don't know how the gear situation sits atm). Anyway, I was wondering how dificult it is to get schematics and how I could acquire them.

Thank you for the input. Construstional criticism is incouraged so feel free to give advice on other crew skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaedoslim View Post
    Hey guys! So I'm rolling an operative at launch and decided to go armortech, because I would like to be able to craft myself decent gear while farming for other gear (kinda don't know how the gear situation sits atm). Anyway, I was wondering how dificult it is to get schematics and how I could acquire them.

Thank you for the input. Construstional criticism is incouraged so feel free to give advice on other crew skills.
    Armormech - non-force-user Armor
    Armstech - non lightsaber Weapons and mods

Either way, you can get the schematics you need for your character's gear (for leveling to 50) from the trainer. You can also schematics from the trainer to reach at least 350 skill, and possibly all the way to 400 skill (the max). There isn't much info out there after 350, but I'm guessing you can go all the way up.

Reverse Engineering will yield you more mats to use while skilling up, so you will be doing it often. Also, RE will occasionally yield higher-quality (blue, purple, etc) schematics.

Investigation skill also yields [rarely] schematics for all classes, and since it is 1 out of 4 Mission Skills, probably about 25% of the playerbase will have it. There should be plenty of extra schematics out there for trade/sale.

Does Armourtech even do armour for IA? You may need synthweaving if IA's wear light armour? Not sure...either way to get new recipes you can train, but to get better versions of recipes you have just reverse engineer everything you make always a chance of finding a recipe that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    Does Armourtech even do armour for IA? You may need synthweaving if IA's wear light armour? Not sure...either way to get new recipes you can train, but to get better versions of recipes you have just reverse engineer everything you make always a chance of finding a recipe that way.
    Synthweaving is for force users only.

Armortech does heavy and medium armor.
    For schematics you buy them from the trainer, and sometimes while crafting you have a change to add a augment slot to your gear, and then w hen reverse engineering you have a chance to learn a blue version of that piece(example: boots 10 aim, 10 stam --> blue version 10 aim, 10 stam, 5 crit)
    I got to level 21 during the thanksgiving beta and had no problems keeping the skill at the same level has me. I also had so much mats that spamming recipes to get the blue version was no problem.

Note: this is all based on thanksgiving beta experience and things could have changed since then
    Last edited by georgevonfranken; 2011-12-07 at 04:11 PM.

Deleted
    IA's wear Medium Armour.

10+ Year Old Account
    All crafts have recipes from the trainers that take the skill up to 400. On the thanksgiving beta, for Artifice this included purple lightsabers and some mods, though I doubt it was an exhaustive list. Also, slicing has a chance to give you some schematics too.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild