SWTOR: The missing manual Guide & FAQ

Had this posted in the Beta forums on the swtor.com site after the NDA was lifted. Going to re-post it here now that Beta is officially over.

http://www.liberi-fatali.net/the-old...guide-and-faq/

This is a comprehensive guide and FAQ for the game, compiled and updated from over 6 months of Beta testing. The guide portion is basically a look at the game that gives a ton of information about various aspects and lore, as well as an overview of how things work in the game. What the guide is not is a list of every item you can find in the game and strats on beating every boss you come across, I'll leave that to the database sites.

If you're curious what's in it, here's a list from the Table of Contents:

• Table of Content:
      General FAQ
      Timeline
      Classes
      Races
      Planets
      Companions
      Crew Skills
      Voice Cast

• Game Systems:
      User-Interface
      Keyboard Commands
      Class Resources
      Character Stats
      Item Mods
      Loot
      Enemies
      Codex
      Titles

• Gameplay:
      Quests
      Datacrons
      Space Combat
      Flashpoints
      Warzones/PvP
      Operations
      Tips & Suggestions

I hope everyone else finds the guide useful. If you have any comments or suggestions for additions to the FAQ, let me know.

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 07:12 PM ----------

If anyone has any questions they'd like to see added to the FAQ, or tips for the Tips & Suggestions page, let me know by the end of Friday.

Thanks
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-12-11 at 07:13 PM.

Nice guide! There are lots of details I haven't seen elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowen View Post
    Nice guide! There are lots of details I haven't seen elsewhere.
    Thanks^^ Finished the guide for version 1.0 late Friday night. Already have a few things I'll add to it soon, but waiting till early access begins so that I can do a major update all at once depending on how much is changed. 2 days to go!

Deleted
    Hmm, you got all the datacron locations i guess and what stats they give etc?

Edit: think i've misunderstood, i imagine you are just explaining what they do
    Last edited by mmoc474cf509db; 2011-12-11 at 06:16 PM.

Deleted
    Very very nice. Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together.

Very helpful, 10/10.

Deleted
    Really nice guide,well done

wait a sec...

SPOILER

“White Nova” 2-part Flashpoint
    Boarding Party (Empire) – 32+
    The Foundry (Empire) – 36+
    Spoiler--->Does this mean Republic can't run these? Does this mean you have to be Empire to fight Revan?
    Last edited by Styxz; 2011-12-11 at 07:33 PM.

Deleted
    spoiler
    {You can fight revan as empire and as republic you have to try helping him escape or so i've read , the republic bit could be wrong}

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    wait a sec...

Does this mean Republic can't run these? Does this mean you have to be Empire to fight ___?
    Yeah, each faction has 3 flashpoints that are unique to that faction. The Republic version of "White Nova" is "Jedi Prisoner" and is sort of like an opposing view point of the flashpoints.

Wow that's a lot of great info! Even if someone already knows most of it I'm sure there's something new in there you haven't discovered yet and at the very least it's an interesting read. I enjoyed it very much, thanks for your hard work

Quote Originally Posted by Daelenn View Post
    Yeah, each faction has 3 flashpoints that are unique to that faction. The Republic version of "White Nova" is "Jedi Prisoner" and is sort of like an opposing view point of the flashpoints.
    Ahh IC...that's kind of a bummer, but I'm gonna make an agent after my sent anyway

really well done guide, after reading this you know everything you need to know till endgame

Quote Originally Posted by Daelenn View Post
    Had this posted in the Beta forums on the swtor.com site after the NDA was lifted. Going to re-post it here now that Beta is officially over.

http://www.liberi-fatali.net/the-old...guide-and-faq/
    Thanks for this; quite a lot of varied, detailed and useful information..

-Alamar

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    really well done guide, after reading this you know everything you need to know till endgame
    After launch I may make some more guides as well, for things like Flashpoints, Operations, gearing, etc. We'll see

Deleted
    Awesome guide bro.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fantastically well done. Bookmarking for reference once the game starts.

Damn great guide!

Deleted
    Amazing guide, many thanks for it. Waiting for early access and your guide cleared out many things for me.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Fantastically well done. Bookmarking for reference once the game starts.
    Thank you =) Already found a few things to tweak and fix, so starting to jot down some notes for v1.1. I should be on for Tue's early access, so I'll begin updating the guide by mid week with any changes I find.

It's a fairly massive guide though, so if anyone finds some mistakes feel free to let me know and I'll add it to my notes.

I would like to see this guide/thread stickied : )

Especially now that there's so much discussion in the SWTOR forum.

-Alamar