Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zaryhm is my favorite blue poster and has been for a long time. He kinda just doesn't take shit from people, and that's good.

The people in this game that can't play their own game without being worried about what "the lesser man" is doing has no appreciation for the concept artists, game developers, story developers, graphic designers, or their fellow gamers. Zaryhm (with his referenced 2% of the playerbase actually seeing raids and therefore all the work all of those people put into them) realized this and sent it to the poster in such a manner that he would understand - sarcasm.

You know, because sometimes to get through to a person you have to stoop to their level. And that guy probably wouldn't have given a damn if Zaryhm were completely polite and professional; probably would have dismissed it as another robot response or something else ridiculous that people come up with these days.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

I personally felt like Zarhym was defending me, in doing so I see him as a proffessional that cares about his customers. Thanks Zar!!!

I'm late in responding and haven’t read all of the thread (14 pages so far) but in a way I do agree with the person who questioned the content. He wasn’t being an elitist or a dick about it. He was basically stating that downing Deathwing should be considered a major event, considering all the hype Blizz made about him being an insane pissed off dragon hell bent on destroying EVERYTHING and himself is need be. Downing the Boss for the end of an X-pack should be a challenge in itself. The way it sounds, as I haven't done it myself yet, is you jump in LFR and swing this, cast that, Deathwing is dead. While I would feel good to say I’ve done it, I don't think I would have a feeling of accomplishment for it. His request to have the LFR ability to down Deathwing opened after he’s killed Heroic isn’t an unrealistic request. It’s all speculation on my part and could very well be difficult. I have no idea.

And the Blue response to it does seem a bit “STFU, you’re opinion doesn’t matter” kind of feel to it.
    Huh, wha-, you want me to come closer? Oh, you don't wanna fight anymore? Oh, your hands are up there almost like you're beggin'... beggin' for a little piece of Boba... Yeah, ya like that, don't ya? You like it, 'cause you're bad... oh, yeah... you dirty, little smuggler...

Quote Originally Posted by achaeon View Post
    When you're babysitting children, sometimes you have to kneel down to talk to them. It's absurd that anyone is whining about LFR. Too easy? Don't do it. It's really that simple. People just want to stroke their own egos and need to be busted down a few pegs.
    While I think the person Zahrym responded to posted his thought in a poor way I 100% agree with him. If I were a guild that was struggling in normal mode and then everyone and their mother could view the last fight and kill it getting free epics along the way before my real progression I would be put off.

While I'm sure I'm in the minority I fully think they should tier the bosses a bit more. Whether that would be requiring two-four lockouts of normal mode, not releasing the last boss in lfr for a few weeks, whatever it may be. I think it's silly especially on the last tier when they have these game changing mechanics on set bonus like Prot warriors, druids, and dks and even holy pallys before they nerfed it and the difference in killing content can be nothing more than loot RNG the first week. If you didn't see 4 different prot tokens and your tank is a warrior some of the hard mode bosses are flat out impossible. I think regulating that a bit with three or four non heroic lockouts would have been good but I imagine I'm in the minority. People want to start progression as soon as possible.

What the fanboys in this thread are saying in a nutshell:

GO ZARHYM, He should've called him a c**k f**king fa**ot c**t b**ch d*****bag.

Now I know why most of you post here, you're probably banned from WoW forums. I'd seek help with these outbursts some of you have on the internet seriously.

The professional thing he should've done is deleted his insulting post and moved on. NOT INSTIGATE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Pretty sure he probably makes more money then you o.0
    I like that this direct attack wasnt infracted, but the previous joke was, i've been seeing alot of this here, really need to get mods that dont play WoW and have bias's.

Discussing moderator actions is not allowed
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2011-12-09 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marixis View Post
    I'm late in responding and haven’t read all of the thread (14 pages so far) but in a way I do agree with the person who questioned the content. He wasn’t being an elitist or a dick about it. He was basically stating that downing Deathwing should be considered a major event, considering all the hype Blizz made about him being an insane pissed off dragon hell bent on destroying EVERYTHING and himself is need be. Downing the Boss for the end of an X-pack should be a challenge in itself. The way it sounds, as I haven't done it myself yet, is you jump in LFR and swing this, cast that, Deathwing is dead. While I would feel good to say I’ve done it, I don't think I would have a feeling of accomplishment for it. His request to have the LFR ability to down Deathwing opened after he’s killed Heroic isn’t an unrealistic request. It’s all speculation on my part and could very well be difficult. I have no idea.

And the Blue response to it does seem a bit “STFU, you’re opinion doesn’t matter” kind of feel to it.
    If you reread it, he calls everyone who is using the LFR retards for not dedicating severe chunks of time to the game. He absolutely is being insulting. That's the part that got the sarcastic response from Zarhym.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post

Blue posters are getting more and more rude.
    forum posters are too. incredibly rude, blind... humane. not saying all humans are rude and blind, but all can be. please remember, blue posters are humans too. even if its his job, he can just become sick and tired. and his boss wasnt too happy with it either I guess, pretty sure he has to face some consequences for that post .

My opinion is that he did the right (and amusing) thing, letting ppl know that theyre all just whining waay too much; GIVE US NEW RAID TIER. NEW TIER IS TOO EASY. GIVE US VANILLA TRAILERS AGAIN. 4.3 TRAILER SUCKED!

That may be my favorite Blue response ever... Honestly, I wish they'd use that sort of response more often, maybe it would wipe out that undeserved sense of entitlement so many people who play this game seem to have...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I like seeing blues post like this, it's much less robotic. Less professional perhaps, but more personal.
    My thoughts exactly, he said what was needed to be said, no more and no less. People reminiscing about how much better they were than the rest when they cleared original naxx or sunwell pre 3.0 are a bit annoying when they say this kind of content shouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    While I think the person Zahrym responded to posted his thought in a poor way I 100% agree with him. If I were a guild that was struggling in normal mode and then everyone and their mother could view the last fight and kill it getting free epics along the way before my real progression I would be put off.

While I'm sure I'm in the minority I fully think they should tier the bosses a bit more. Whether that would be requiring two-four lockouts of normal mode, not releasing the last boss in lfr for a few weeks, whatever it may be. I think it's silly especially on the last tier when they have these game changing mechanics on set bonus like Prot warriors, druids, and dks and even holy pallys before they nerfed it and the difference in killing content can be nothing more than loot RNG the first week. If you didn't see 4 different prot tokens and your tank is a warrior some of the hard mode bosses are flat out impossible. I think regulating that a bit with three or four non heroic lockouts would have been good but I imagine I'm in the minority. People want to start progression as soon as possible.

So because I can't dedicate 20+hours a week to a game, I shouldn't get to see the same content as you, that I ALSO PAY FOR, and that I have every right to, because your guild is stuck on the content? Sorry, but that's a load of crock. That's like saying " I realize we pay for the same coffee at this shop, but because you only get yours once a week you shouldn't be able to get yours before me if you are in line first." It's a load of self entitled bullshit. We all pay for the game, if you are sooooo upset about an easier version of a boss than what you are fighting, you should probably stop playing video games. Most of them have easy modes, its nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    forum posters are too. incredibly rude, blind... humane. not saying all humans are rude and blind, but all can be. please remember, blue posters are humans too. even if its his job, he can just become sick and tired. and his boss wasnt too happy with it either I guess, pretty sure he has to face some consequences for that post .

My opinion is that he did the right (and amusing) thing, letting ppl know that theyre all just whining waay too much; GIVE US NEW RAID TIER. NEW TIER IS TOO EASY. GIVE US VANILLA TRAILERS AGAIN. 4.3 TRAILER SUCKED!
    If I spoke down to customers at my work I would be fired, I'm pretty sure every buisness policy is to put the customer first, regardless of how much they "whine". Sure, you can have a bad day and say something stupid sometimes, but that's a little harder to do when you have to press the fucking post reply button, fact is, he was just being a douche.

Quote from Zarhym on "I will never go back to normal raiding again." topic.

Random dude said:

And Zarhym replied:

Dunno how you guys but this for some reason sickens me. I know he was replying to a tad "too elitist" person who although made a good point but the way he replied is totally unprofessional. If a someone from a company I give my money to replied to me in that manner I would just smack him in the face with no regret. Blue posters are getting more and more rude, to a point it's not even funny or considered as a joke.
    Please do. I'll give you the address and how to get my office specifically. When you smack me though, make sure you have on something comfortable, you'll be in jail for the evening.

Now that we're back in the real world you have to realize if you are treating the service with disrespect (calling people derps which is basically a new way of saying retard) then they will treat you with the same amount of respect you are affording them.

I do consider what he said a joke because the OP was a joke. His entire arguement is that he doesn't feel special anymore because others are able to see the content with less of a commitment. That's the entire point of differnt difficulty levels. When Call of Duty comes out some people play it in easy and some play it on the hardest setting but they are playing the game to their ability. Some people enjoy not wiping for hours every night but instead would rather do it on an easy setting to see the fight and have fun.

And I'm sorry, in the real world people do get everything without doing ANYTHING. (Paris Hilton, etc). She gets to experience more than 99.9% of the world yet it was all handed to her. But do you know what, people do go about their lives going to work every day knowing that they put in the hard work so they have no regrets.

TLDR: It was funny what the blue said because the OP is a whiny child.

Good for Zarhym. That "Random Guy" quote is so funny. I love listening to the "elitist" group complain about easy content, people that are not as good as them. And comparing wow to real life was priceless, shows what kind of loser he is. OH well Zarhym was in the right, and the nerd needs to calm down and stick to his hard modes. Do people forget it's just a game?

@Davisdoesdallas I loved your post. Spot on!
    Last edited by Razkul; 2011-12-09 at 04:34 PM.

Deleted
    The response shows that they have no real explanation or solution to their current problems (that are very much obvious).

Can't say I care what forum moderator says, it's not like he's a spokesman of Blizzard or anything. This is fairly similiar to some phone support of companies where the employees feed you BS aswell.

Deleted
    I agree with this blue post completely and I'm certainly no "fanboy". Alot of stuff blues post is actually pretty stupid especially for game mechanics.
    But they are just the messangers what can you do.

As for the post in general:
    I'm not originally from the US so alot of this "always nice" service policy seems strange to me.
    In my company if you are a douchbag customer you most likely cost us more money than you make us and so at a certain point we even ask them so use a different service.

In the case of MMOs for example by being a jerk to other players you could be a partial reason why they quit.
    So for all I care Blizzard CMs can be as hard on ego maniacs as they like since those people ruin the community and we would be better of without them.

I would have thought that a normal LFR raid would have had the last boss taken off its roster, since from a lore point of view the 'last boss' is meant to be epic and difficult to beat and hence should be reserved for harder difficulties.

Another thing these 'hardcore' players seem to forget is that LFR is actually meant for them.

HM Spine too tough.... do it in normal, and practice it in LFR with your raid group doing heroic tactics.

If you can't fly a Heli in Battlefield 3 you do the easy co-op mission and learn to keep that bitch up.... same exact concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    The response shows that they have no real explanation or solution to their current problems (that are very much obvious).

Can't say I care what forum moderator says, it's not like he's a spokesman of Blizzard or anything. This is fairly similiar to some phone support of companies where the employees feed you BS aswell.
    Actually, the blues ARE spokesmen. Their main job is to bring our concerns to the devs, and provide us with the devs' side of things. If you want something Blizzard does to compare to phone support, try Blizzard's phone support. They do a great job of fixing issues you may have :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I agree with the blue post in this case. Blizzard puts a lot of time and effort into designing these raids and encounters, and they want more than 2% of their players to see that content. Otherwise, the other 98% (remember, they are paying customers too) will get bored and move elsewhere since you have to be in one of the top 10 guilds in the world to raid. Remember the original Naxx? How many people actually got to see that all the way through and down KT?

Personally, I'm somewhere between LFR and heroic difficulty. My guild gets through pretty much all the normal encounters and rarely gets far into heroic encounters.

I think Zarhym's "rudeness" was justified in this case. The OP in that case seems like a douchebag to me, and Zarhym put him in his place. If the OP doesn't like easy modes, he should go do heroic raids. Why does he care what everyone else is doing? LFR is supposed to be dumbed down. Some people don't have the time to raid 6 hours a night 7 nights a week or the patience to wipe 400 times on a heroic boss in order to get it down for a world first kill. It has absolutely nothing to do with these people being "stupid" or "retarded" as the OP says. Casual players pay $15 a month to play the game too, and they should be able to see the content.

It's not like LFR is taking anything away from the hardcore guilds. They still have their bragging rights, better gear, achievements, mounts, etc. And I totally respect those players, but the elitist attitude some of them have is stupid and needs to go away.

If you down heroics, that's great. The complaints would be justified if Blizzard only had heroic difficulty and dumbed that down to where everyone could get the best gear in the game, but they're not. Heroics are hard, and LFR is easy. That's the point of multiple difficulties. A lot of games have them because different players have different skill levels and time to commit to the game. How much fun would Starcraft 2 be if Brutal difficulty and fighting insane AI was the only option straight out of the box? Maybe fun to some people, but the ones of us who can't play it at 5000 APM and micro half a map with 200/200 control wouldn't get to enjoy it as much. The people who down heroic content still have their bragging rights and better gear. I don't understand why it bothers them that other players get to see the content now.

I guess some people just like to make their epeens bigger by pointing and laughing at the noobs, calling them retards, etc, and LFR makes that a little less effective.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2011-12-09 at 06:27 PM.

Quote from Zarhym on "I will never go back to normal raiding again." topic.

Random dude said:

And Zarhym replied:

Dunno how you guys but this for some reason sickens me. I know he was replying to a tad "too elitist" person who although made a good point but the way he replied is totally unprofessional. If a someone from a company I give my money to replied to me in that manner I would just smack him in the face with no regret. Blue posters are getting more and more rude, to a point it's not even funny or considered as a joke.

It's less about being unprofessional and more about the fact I think the Blues are slowly getting more and more fed up with all the elitist and, let's face it, utterly asinine commentary from the forum-goers and them knowing in the back of their minds during them typing a "professional" response that them doing a copy-and-paste robotic response won't solve anything and possibly just fuel the fire more and just force them to lock the topic and moderate the after-effects of the argument. So obviously I think they finally stood up to the fact that just doing simple "Working as intended" won't do anything, so they're actually putting a more human thing into their postings, an opinion. Everyone's entitled to one, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a good one. The Blues have sometimes dug themselves into a hole trying to win out in an argument, and sometimes they win the argument in one simple statement, which Zarhym did in this post.

It's also just the fact the OP of that thread went right off the fact that he misses the point of the Raid Finder and why it's so easy, accessibility. And adding to the fact Zarhym replied in that manner is because the OP stated his opinion in such a manner that he downplays the entire community that is targeted by the LFR's goals and makes them all look like bad players, which they're not. The LFR tool is meant to cater to less hardcore PvE-ers and people that don't or can't devote the time in a day or week to raid an instance. It's an option. You're not being FORCED to use it. Don't like a feature? Don't use it. Don't like the game at all? The "Unsubscribe" button is right there in your Battle.net account, press it and move on.