Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Oddly enough, 99% of the people I have met that think they are good at this game aren't as good as they think they are.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Oddly enough, 99% of the people I have met that think they are good at this game aren't as good as they think they are.
    This is one of the big problems with listening to people who want the game to be harder. When the game does become harder, many discover they overestimated their own ability to handle it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Read what op wrote looked up to see that he was banned and smiled.

How would you response to that shit post from that dick poster? If it's me I would be harsher.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    How would you response to that shit post from that dick poster? If it's me I would be harsher.
    Note that Zarhym's post is not aimed just at that poster, but at the idea he posted. Zarhym was slapping not just that guy, but each and every one who agrees with him. Communicating this kind of game philosophy, and doing so forcefully when required, is not just acceptable for a CM, it's necessary.

The complaining is really not about Zarhym's tone, but about the message he's delivering. In that way this whole episode is the mirror image of the controversy from last January over GC's "Heroics are hard!" blog post. The difference, of course, is that GC's message displeased a large number of average players, while Zarhym's message displeases a tiny number of hardcore elitists.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Agreed, the reply was unprofessional.

The dude who posted might have deserved it, but that doesn't matter since CMs are paid to be professional PR spokespeople and not descend to the level that the customers on the official boards or MMO-c allow ourselves to descend to sometimes.

I disagree, but then again, I'm one person and I believe in being a consummate professional, especially if it's the kind of job that CMs have - stressful, but voluntary, well-payed and in an industry most probably dreamed of working in.
    I work in customer service for most of my time at work. And I try to be a professional. Sometimes the customers make it really hard for me to try and take them and their concerns seriously. In those cases, an avid listener might notice a faint hint of sarcasm in my response, but I'm pretty sure the customers do not listen to me that closely most of the time (as they are RIGHT and I am in any case WRONG).

So I know what CMs sometimes go through with their customers, and I know how hard it is to keep a straight face with some of the stuff these customers occasionally spew forth. Therefore, despite his alleged "unprofessionalism", I totally side with Zarhym in this. To be honest, I think the person he was responding to was being "bit" of a d*ck and deserved a return ticket to reality.

It's almost as if this Zahrym guy realizes that validating your e-peen via the difficulty of the encounter does not breed a healthy gaming community and that everyone experiencing the encounter can broaden the community and makes it so that everyone can play with their friends, even if their friends are terrible.

If your friends quit cause it's too hard for them, but not hard enough for you, does that make the encounter more fun? I'd rather have the option of using LFR to play with friends, than do normal mode with a bunch of quasi-strangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it!

Very nice for a Blizzard employee to put somebody in there place. I completely back up Zarhym, I've wanted Blizzard to have this attitude to people for a long time. If you don't like it fine, type attitude, not sucking up.
    Also again, i can't understand why people dislike there being 3 tiers of raiding. You aren't even forced into the first, so i don't know why people would complain.

I don't see any problem with Zarhym's response

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    If players didn't act like spoiled children perhaps they wouldn't be treat as such
    Sadly, I agree totally to this. Maybe Zarhym didnt give a professional answer, but the poster sure had it coming. To be honest, I think most of these "Elitists" have their attitude from blizz being just too professional...
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Go Zarhym Go-Go Zarhym! yearh some one with authority needs to tell people like those superbad elitist to shut up some day. i hate people whom maybe is no.1 on their server with a population of 30 players think they're so hardcore that they can tell everyone that their opinions count for more that everyone else.

Zarhym is awesome, and I have the utmost respect for any Blizz forum mod that is willing to say F*** you and your money, your $15 a month doesn't amount to much nor does it entitle you to act like a prick and belittle a portion of the population and/or the company itself on the companies own forums.

Of course most mods are far more subtle about telling you exactly that.

I think that was professional.
    Some people need to be adjusted, and he was at the most, rude in a professional way. it only feels unprofessional because we are not used to that kinda reply, but you know it's needed and high time it happened.
    He had to be blunt to it was made clear that it was not cool. overall i'm glad it happened.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I honestly don't see why people don't like the existence of LFR.

Essentially the step from 5mans to raiding was so large that the many people never tried or simply failed to make the jump, the LFR simply makes the transition easier.

Hell I am in a casual guild we raid normal modes and dabble in heroics, but we do have some special little snowflakes among us who are able to learn the basics of each fight by using the LFR tool before joining guild runs and that benefits our entire guild.

One player insulted many players, the customers are king not a lone ranter who undermines a large portion of the player base.

I was suprised by the response, but I thought it was an excellent response. The sad thing is that most people dont realize that if you treat customer service reps and employees with respect instead of the rediculous notions that you are more important than anyone else and you are not going to take any answer other than what you are looking for, you would actually get better service. Regardless of who is on the other side we are all human.

What an awesome reply... God forbid casual players actually get to kill the bad guy and have a good time doing it. Their $15 is just as good as any elitist's.

Sucks to be at your work.
    If I spoke to a customer like that, a customer that publicly insulted most of our customers, my boss would praise me for it.
    Yeah, that. Don't forget the guy was belittling the vast VAST majority of the playerbase, part of which the blue's post was in defense of. I really don't see an issue with putting one snotty member of the population minority in his place while speaking up on behalf of everyone else. That's not unprofessional at all, that's good business.

One of my favorite days at work EVER... a customer that had been abusing an employee over some policy that this employee clearly had no control over, I mean yelling and insulting and slamming her fist down on the counter... and when she demanded to speak to a manager, my boss overheard and walked over and told the woman he was the OWNER and that she could get the hell out of his store. It's not just about "the customer is always right" because they aren't. You have to keep the best interests of your employees and other customers in mind first.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    His analogy is spot on, yours is idiotic. The only thing that would make that true is if you enrolled in a "premium service" that increases your sub to $20/month and you get mailed 410 ilvl gear for completing a LFR run. If that were the case, then maybe elitists would have the right to complain.
    Comparing the gym and physical fitness to raid difficulty and accomplishment is idiotic to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    LOL this really made my day comparing a guys using drugs to a game and doing a very bad job at it.
    the LFR is nowhere near the same achievment you can do with normals or heroics so comparing the 3 is complete bull already.
    Or having fitness equipment nerfed, idk but you can't really compare a recreational activity like working out to a competitive video game.