Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Egga View Post
    Artifice, Treasure Hunting and Archaeology, and i plan to level them while i level myself
    Exactly the same for me

@Grantji There are always new players and new characters. Cybertech can also make some armor and earpieces.

I will go bioanalysis, scavenging and underworld trading when I level up then switch bioanalysis for Cybertech when I reach 50 on my BH.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Yeah Biochem is really overpowered for end game, with all the reusable consumables/medpacks and what not. I absolutely love cybertech, and I sincerely hope Biochem is taken down a big in the first sweeping nerf.
    Do you know if things like the below item are BoP? The tooltip doesn't say it, but that doesn't mean anything.

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/4BV32ul
    #TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Do you know if things like the below item are BoP? The tooltip doesn't say it, but that doesn't mean anything.

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/4BV32ul
    I had this conversation with a guildie just today. I believe he mentioned that during the final beta Biochem items had a biochem minimum level restriction but the Cybertech ones didn't. If they don't, people like me will be leveling up to get stims/meds and then dropping it for Cybertech.

I would love for a confirmation on minimum skill requirements for the crafting skill perma items.
    Last edited by iggie; 2011-12-09 at 12:51 PM.

since ill be rolling 2 troopers 1 commando and 1 vanguard

ill have the commando go armstech/Scavaging/underworld trading

the vanguard will go armortech/slicing/investigation

My sith warrior, will probably be artifice. I know it isn't good for terribly much early on and Synthweaving gives you more stats while leveling. I just can't help myself, who doesn't want to make color crystals?!

I had this conversation with a guildie just today. I believe he mentioned that during the final beta Biochem items had a biochem minimum level restriction but the Cybertech ones didn't. If they don't, people like me will be leveling up to get stims/meds and then dropping it for Cybertech.

I would love for a confirmation on minimum skill requirements for the crafting skill perma items.
    Yes, I can confirm that the perma-medpacks & stims required Biochem (1) in the last beta weekend.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Yes, I can confirm that the perma-medpacks & stims required Biochem (1) in the last beta weekend.
    Interesting that it's only level 1. Now if only I can get confirmation from a cybertech!

Deleted
    Biochem, Bioanalysis and Diplomacy. No contest.

Most likely Cybertech, Scavenging and Underworld Trading as a Jedi Shadow. I like the concept of a shadow being capable of using more tools to enhance combat in bombs and to customize their own ship as well as create veichles. Since they are more of the rogue Jedi than anything else.

But I am hard pushed since I also want to customize my lightsaber, but.. I play alot of PvP in these games if I can and Cybertech looks to be very fun.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

15+ Year Old Account
    My Vanguard is more than likely going Armortech, Scavenging, and Investigation if I don't just go for three money making professions.

Interesting that it's only level 1. Now if only I can get confirmation from a cybertech!
    Might of been because it was the first ones you could make, it's possible the higher leveled ones require higher skill, didn't level my professions that far.

And I might have to change my mind on which tradeskills I'm going with. While I'm certain I'm going Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy at 50, it might be better going Bioanalysis/Slicing/Investigation while leveling, moneywise. We'll see
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2011-12-09 at 02:05 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

i havent decided yet, i know Biochem will be a good source of credits if the PvE endgame is good enough to keep people playing for a long time; and Cybertech as alot of goodies that can be used in PvP and PvE but doesnt look like a strong credit maker.

i will prolly decide on what to pick up after i reach max level and see whats suits my needs them

synthweaving, archaeology, and underworld trading

I originally chose Biochem, but then so did half my guild, so I'm planning on doing Cybertech now.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scavenging/UW trading/cybertech for my main IA.

Considering Ilum dailies gives better gear than anything crafted /rollseyes only the biochem one seems worth doing (for raid pots) and maybe slicing for cash while lvling up

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Archaeology only one im sure of atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomalk View Post
    weaponcrafting and the things i need to make weapons, like blasters and shit on mah BH

edit: i plan on having my slaves level it
    Armstech/Scavenging/Investigation

And given the only crew skill work you can do yourself is gather when you find nodes, yes, of course your crew/slaves/etc will do the work.

As for me, a few friends and I are gonna cover all our bases.

We got 5-6 people playing, assortment of classes, so covering each professions tree is easy.

Armstech/Scavenging/Investigation
    Armormech/Scavenging/Underworld Trading
    Synthweave/Archaeology/Underworld Trading
    Artifice/Archaeology/Treasure Hunting
    Cybertech/Scavenger/Underworld Trading
    Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy

Slicing is a unique skill in that while it provides schematics and such for many professions, it does not provide any crafting materials. So, if you got one friend/guildie who can supply you with your blue/purple materials from their Mission skill category, then you can grab Slicing instead. Or, make a Farming toon with Slicing/(Scavenging/Archaology)/(Investigation/Underworld Trading/Treasure Hunting)

Diplomacy and Bioanalysis both have only 1 linked crafting skill, so no point take them without it.

---------- Post added 2011-12-09 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    My Vanguard is more than likely going Armortech, Scavenging, and Investigation if I don't just go for three money making professions.
    Replace Investigation with Underworld Trading. Investigation is weapon-materials (Carbo-plas, etc.), while Underworld Trading nets you your Underworld Metals (for armor)
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2011-12-09 at 06:25 PM.

I was going Artifice/Archaeology/Treasure Hunting (Warrior). Allthough, now I will skip it and go just slicing. I will have artifice and treasure hunting also but I will not level them. Or well if Im just running around in a town I might send Vette on a mission, that is all. But I will focus on getting them up at 50. I will decide then whats best to have, I have guildmates who have all the crafting professions anyway and will probably have them maxed when they hit 50, or close to anyway. Can ask them for anything I need .