Yeah I don't think Avery Johnson is that great of a coach for the Nets.

In other news, Pistons hold onto worst record ATM with 0-5 loss to Kings today. Don't worry, I'm sure it'll get better when they play OKC on Friday.

LAC is crushing the fuck out of Spurs. Kind of sad, Spurs are monstrous, but I consider LAC top tier so it's whatever. Ginobli was starting some confrontations, I thought I was gonna get to see another Ron Artest fight.

Best records ATM are 4-1 held by Miami Dallas and Spurs. Can't wait for Knicks to face Spurs Friday night omgg.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 12:53 AM ----------

Oh yeah LAL lost again btw LOL.

15+ Year Old Account
    So Greg Monroe had the first triple double for the Pistons last night since 2004. Eight freaking years since we had a PG or anyone who could pass and actually busted his ass for rebounds as well. Did I mention I am ridiculously fed up with this franchise? Oh ya and they lost to the Kings. Oh ya and Tayshaun was once again terrible. So was Stuckey who is now shooting a mind blowing SEVENTEEN PERCENT from the field (last night was 2 for 8 so progress!). He played 35 minutes of inefficient and useless basketball last night. Drummond continues to not play more than five minutes. AHHHHHHHH

In less depressing news, the Wolves devoured Orlando. Barea did get hurt again though.

DAT KOBE STARE

cjzero.com/gifs/KobeStaresBrown.gif

Dude Minnesota is top of their division lol ahead of OKC.

And I personally am only 70% sure OKC will beat Chicago tonight. Wolves will make playoffs.

In fact at the end of this week we should make a new playoff ranking list.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purplelace View Post
    DAT KOBE STARE

cjzero.com/gifs/KobeStaresBrown.gif
    Lol. I wonder how many more games it takes before Kobe blows up if they continue not improving. Speaking of the Lakers and Brown, what the hell is he doing with their bench? Meeks barely ever plays. Jamison isn't playing enough or shooting enough. Their bench adds freaking nothing at all and should at least be adding something with Jamison and Meeks who aren't terrible at all.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wolves will make playoffs.
    Welcome to the bandwagon.

Conscript the pistons have this nice mailbag thing and also their own forum where fans can voice their opinions. Go yell at these people. Or search for answers?

http://www.nba.com/pistons/mailbag_121108_1.html

I know I'd do that right now for the nets if they had such a thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Conscript the pistons have this nice mailbag thing and also their own forum where fans can voice their opinions. Go yell at these people. Or search for answers?

http://www.nba.com/pistons/mailbag_121108_1.html

I know I'd do that right now for the nets if they had such a thing.
    I wonder how many questions they get about when they are trading Tayshaun. I bet it is at least 1,000 per week. We all hate Tayshaun more than pretty much any team or any other player in the NBA. Close second is Allen Iverson but that anger is waning.

Plus that mailbag guy is an official team/NBA employee so it is 100% fluff answers.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-08 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titheon View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that there is this much activity in a thread about basketball.

The NBA only has an audience of 6%, which ranks 5th in popularity.
    Soccer may pass it soon since it has 4%.

In comparison, the NFL is 1st with 31%, MLB has 17%, and College Football has 12%.
    I have no idea where you got those numbers from but they couldnt be more wrong. the NBA is the 2nd most popular sport in the USA not the 5th, college football is a unique case because its mostly only deeply followed by those affiliated with one of those colleges. So while those people go crazy for their teams game they never watch anything else, unlike NFL fans that tend to watch every game no matter whos playing.

I gotta say Im pretty pleased how my 2 favorite teams are doing. Mavs and Bulls are both having exceptional records so far without their best players. Its early I know, still a good sign. I can really see both of them making some noise in the playoffs assuming Dirk and Rose come back and play to the level they are capable of.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I have no idea where you got those numbers from but they couldnt be more wrong. the NBA is the 2nd most popular sport in the USA not the 5th, college football is a unique case because its mostly only deeply followed by those affiliated with one of those colleges. So while those people go crazy for their teams game they never watch anything else, unlike NFL fans that tend to watch every game no matter whos playing.

I gotta say Im pretty pleased how my 2 favorite teams are doing. Mavs and Bulls are both having exceptional records so far without their best players. Its early I know, still a good sign. I can really see both of them making some noise in the playoffs assuming Dirk and Rose come back and play to the level they are capable of.
    I can't even begin to fathom what those numbers represent. Certainly can't be attendance since College Football is way higher than MLB, and possibly the NFL considering there are around 100 FBS schools. Television ratings certainly wouldn't put the NBA at the 5th share.

Oh ya and on another Pistons related note, if I see one more fucking one of us Pistons fans mock up a Rodney Stuckey and Corey Magette for Tony Allen and Rudy Gay trade I might kill them. Literally. Memphis is not retarded. Why would they do that trade? Why would anyone on Memphis' franchise even consider that trade for one second? Seriously. I have seen that trade pop up at least 15 times in the last week from Pistons' fans on various boards, its in BlueOb's link above, and it makes no sense at all.

Edit: This trade makes sense in one scenario. That scenario is that Memphis is so desperate for money they are willing to lose their best non-big men and the Pistons are willing to part with 1-3 first round picks. Neither one of those is true since Memphis has a gaggle of new owners, or will soon I haven't been paying attention to what is going on there, and Detroit is a building team, not an on the cusp of a title team. OH WAIT Detroit already may have traded a fucking lottery pick to unload fucking a year of Ben Gordon (AHHHHHHHHHHH). That pick that went to Charlotte is lottery protected this year, top 8 protected next year, and top pick protected in 2015 iirc. Oh my god I hate Joe Dumars SO MUCH.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-08 at 10:29 PM.

Hmmmm. Bogut out 7-10 days. I guess we -were- safe to assume he would be injured and not to draft him.

lol is that the Peksecutioner in your avatar?!
    The earth is not a cold dead place

Yeah why'd you get rid of the Wolf.

Those mother fucking Thunder beat Bulls. Kind of sad, I want OKC to struggle a little.

And LAC crushed Portland, no shock there.

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT. Lets see if Knicks can stay undefeated against a Dirkless Mavs team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    lol is that the Peksecutioner in your avatar?!
    Yes, yes it is.

MIKE BROWN IS FIRED LOLLLL.

Oh boy.

I just read that myself. They yanked him quickly. I thought it was coming eventually, but after only 5 games? Interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    So how soon can we expect Phil Jackson in there? Tomorrow? It should have been obvious this was coming. Kobe gave the guy a vote of confidence twice in the past couple days. That is an absolute death kiss right there.

Mike Brown is the first coach fired in 5 or fewer games since 1971.

Omg Knicks aren't doing well enough, why can't Dallas get cancer and die.

kobe averaging 4.5 turnovers a game? starting PG played only 1.5 games? dwight "teams are better without me" howard your star?

gotta be mike brown's fault

15+ Year Old Account
    The Thunder are wearing their alternates tonight against Detroit. They might be the single ugliest jersey I have ever seen in the NBA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you know, I understand that they want to replace Brown before the season gets really underway, so they don't have to change mid-season and have to deal with a whole new system. But, for fuck's sake, it's been like five games, and you have two new superstars on your team. And, might I add, one of those has been hurt and not playing? What the hell do you expect to happen?