Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancleave View Post
    The leauge favorize Lebron so unbelievably much, if Lebron did what Kobe does (Making those amazing shots, doing 40+ pts 10 ast+ 2 games in a row, being so clutch, and all that) they would shove the MVP trophy up his butt, im tired of NBA giving the Heat and Lebron such big attention, LAC didn't get such a big attention with their winning streak, but yeaaah why not give Queen James some.. NBA is set up.. Kobe having 1 MVP is a frikkin shame, hes the second greatest if not the greatest (arguably) player to ever play the game.. Done amazing games like 50+ pts 4 consectutive games, 81 points, a huge number of game winning shots and buzzers, led the lakers to championships and won those important games, aswell a brilliant defender and an amazing leader.. Lebron fans can't disagree with me, it's the truth.
    It's the superstar effect Michael Jordan got to the line way more then he should have but that's what happens. Same goes for LBJ and Kobe some years ago.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY STELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Amare Stoudemire out 6 weeks with his knee. GOD. Just when Knicks were becoming dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Amare Stoudemire out 6 weeks with his knee. GOD. Just when Knicks were becoming dangerous.
    lol our definitions of dangerous greatly differ

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    lol our definitions of dangerous greatly differ
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Just wanted to be nice.

When I say dangerous, I meant they were leaning towards Contenders instead of Pretenders. Not like how Miami Heat is dangerous...Actually Miami isn't that dangerous, they're just good and efficient. OKC is dangerous. Those mother fuckers can score in the blink of an eye.

When I say dangerous, I meant they were leaning towards Contenders instead of Pretenders. Not like how Miami Heat is dangerous...Actually Miami isn't that dangerous, they're just good and efficient. OKC is dangerous. Those mother fuckers can score in the blink of an eye.
    I still don't agree. So, would you say that the Lakers are 'dangerous' and or 'leaning towards contenders?'

See, you guys don't live in NY so you don't know the feeling. The feeling of "omfg Amare Melo and Tyson together, huge Knicks big 3. Best frontcourt evah mofos@@."

Amare was making his way back as a "partial star" who could play well but just came off the bench and was recovering.

Tyson...Isn't really good enough to be considered in a Big 3. He's like how Bosh is compared to Wade and Lebron. Bosh is good but come on, Wade is Wade and Lebron is Lebron. Tyson is a max player but he's not that good. (Honestly only Center who I'd respect for a "Big 3" would be Dwight, healthy Bynum, or maybe Marc Gasol. (Not Brook Lopez.))

Melo was on a high scoring streak and had some consideration for MVP candidate.

Knicks were looking good this season. And now shit hit the fan, Amare is injured again, Tyson was never great, Melo is currently injured and ya he can score but he's no Durant or Lebron.

It's just. My dreams were crushed leave me alone :/ *runs off and cries*

Knicks are doing well against Utah though. 59-40 atm 9 mins left in 4th.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I still don't agree. So, would you say that the Lakers are 'dangerous' and or 'leaning towards contenders?'
    Nah. I used a poor choice of words. Only dangerous team imo is OKC. Dangerous =/= contender.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 09:06 PM ----------

69-42 lol. It's like the Knicks are passing more and every player is getting some action. Kind of like how Boston is functioning since elite PG Rondo doesn't have his hands on the ball so often lately. I don't think it's sustainable though for the Knicks. I also think Utah is just playing that poorly.

Nah. I used a poor choice of words. Only dangerous team imo is OKC. Dangerous =/= contender.
    So in your mind, it's Miami's title to lose, OKC can contend, no one else has a real shot? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So in your mind, it's Miami's title to lose, OKC can contend, no one else has a real shot? Just curious.
    No. Who has a very realistic shot of winning the title:
    Miami
    Pacers
    OKC (I don't think they'd beat Miami in the finals though.)
    Spurs

I do think Miami is the most favorable to retake the title though.

Teams who have can possibly win if things go their way (ex. One team takes out another team that they couldn't beat (ex. Pacers beat Miami, Chicago/Knicks beats Pacers and go on to win), or some injury hurts another team, or some miracle just happens where the ball just drops in the hoop during the 7 game series):
    Knicks (if they play defense HARD, contingent on everyone not named Amare Stoudemire or Rasheed Wallace staying healthy)
    Chicago (if Derek Rose is 100%)
    LAC
    LAL (I say this not because I think they're good, but they have star power that could play mad minutes a game (if Pao is healthy).)
    Denver
    Golden State

Who just missed the list (they're "maybes"):
    Nets
    Memphis

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 09:21 PM ----------

Nets beat Atlanta btw.

Right now I only think 3 teams can win and Im close to making that 2 teams: Heat, Spurs, Thunder. Im close to saying its either Spurs or Heat and thats it. Pacers vs Heat I guess is the series a lot of people want to see for the upset. If the Pacers by some miracle win I dont think they would beat the West representative anyways

For the Bulls to have a chance Rose has to come back and show hes just like how he was, then and only then theyd have a shot. Knicks need to get hot from 3 cause that is how they take teams down, if they can be efficient from beyond the arc they have a small chance of an upset. I dont see either of them getting by Miami and probably not Indiana but thats more likely.

In the West I havent bought into the Clippers all year so I think the Thunder assuming they play them in round 2 will beat them. Lakers wouldnt scare me if I'm the Spurs. Spurs too good for them.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-03-10 at 03:15 AM.

If Pacers lose to Heat today then I'll retract what I said about Pacers being true contenders.

Unlike Jib I still consider OKC contenders. I think, as long as they don't meet Heat in Finals, they have a high chance of winning (I'm sure refs will pull some shenanigans like last playoffs and make OKC beat Spurs).

OKC vs. Boston. If Boston wins I'll be surprised.

Bulls vs. LAL. I think Bulls are favorite to win but I'm really hoping LAL does. LAL is tied with Utah record wise since Jazz lost to Knicks last night (but they aren't tied for #8 seed since LAL lost to Utah in their games against each other) so today LAL could officially become a playoff team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Right now I only think 3 teams can win and Im close to making that 2 teams: Heat, Spurs, Thunder. Im close to saying its either Spurs or Heat and thats it. Pacers vs Heat I guess is the series a lot of people want to see for the upset. If the Pacers by some miracle win I dont think they would beat the West representative anyways
    The Pacers can do exactly one thing better than the Heat, rebound. That's enough to steal some games, hell maybe even a series if they play efficiently enough. But ya, if they matched up with the Spurs or Thunder, just lol. 4-0, 4-1 at best, bye Pacers. If the Heat somehow manage to not make the Finals, I don't think a single team in the East stands a chance against any of the top West teams. I honestly think almost any match up not featuring Miami would be a bloodbath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Pacers can do exactly one thing better than the Heat, rebound. That's enough to steal some games, hell maybe even a series if they play efficiently enough. But ya, if they matched up with the Spurs or Thunder, just lol. 4-0, 4-1 at best, bye Pacers. If the Heat somehow manage to not make the Finals, I don't think a single team in the East stands a chance against any of the top West teams. I honestly think almost any match up not featuring Miami would be a bloodbath.
    I think I hear a ghost in these forums could just be me though.

30 ft's for okc at the end of the 3rd. How often does the team who takes less ft's win? Doesnt seem like very often

LAL rank 8. I admittedly missed the OKC vs. Boston and majority of Bulls Lakers game since I had to go out so I can't comment on refs.

But let's see Pacers @ Miami.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey the Lakers are a playoff team finally. Miracles do happen...

Indiana down 20 less than 7 mins left in 3rd vs. Heat.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 07:44 PM ----------

God I hate these fucking NBATV announcers lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indiana down 20 less than 7 mins left in 3rd vs. Heat.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 07:44 PM ----------

God I hate these fucking NBATV announcers lol.
    Are they sucking on the Heats balls?

Kind of. They're like "omg Heat are about to get their 18th in the win streak" and they're saying that when Heat beat Pacers tonight they'll have defeated every single team at least once during the regular season, and they showed some stats on which teams in the past did it.

But actually they just seem kind of uneducated, like they don't know wtf they're talking about. Pacers are getting a few calls so I can't say refs are favoring anyone. (Not that the refs need too lol.)

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 08:05 PM ----------

Oh and OKC is one game behind Spurs. Tomorrow is a fated duel, Thunder @ San Antonio. It's on NBATV too so we can all watch.

Even I'll be able to watch a Knicks @ Golden State rematch tomorrow night......

what's with the hate? 18 games is a long ass streak, of course they'll talk about it. When LAC did it, they also talked about it all game long. The Heat's been playing well so they get all the praise they deserve. Teams like Spurs don't get much credit, sure, but that doesn't mean the Heat shouldn't when they do well.