Lets be honest here. The Nuggets are gonna win it all this year!
    - Nuggets Fan

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Skars is a moderator? Wtf happened these few days I was gone.

lol IDK myself

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 08:33 PM ----------

!!! Editting my post to make your own post. How devious.

I hope Miami beats Chicago and Pelicans next games. That way either my Spurs or Knicks will be the ones to stop that streak before they break any records.

Speaking of which, Knicks are dominating Memphis tonight after crushing Boston last night. Spurs need a little luck to beat Denver tonight, themselves.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 10:20 PM ----------

Well Knicks won, they beat a real "contender."

It's close but its not in Miami's favor. Looks like Jibs home team will break the streak. I'm kind of sad about that...if Bulls had DRose and were full power I'd be okay with Bulls taking them down but...not like this. I'd rather Spurs put them in their place tbh.
    I was hoping the Spurs would end the streak as well and yeah the Spurs did need some luck I can't believe dood missed that short jumper or they would have lost. I added to your post because I didn't want to derail the topic to be about my promotion to Mod .

Pfft "derail the topic." You can do whatever you want.

At least Spurs beat Denver last night. And Nets beat Portland.

Tonight is 3 League Pass games. Wouldn't have minded watching LAL vs. Bucks but whatever. Tomorrow LAC @ SA is best game but its on League Pass. That shit would have been epic.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty amazing that the one big advantage the Bulls have always had over the Heat was rebounding and they won last night without Noah.

The Heat literally have nothing to play for for the rest of the regular season, I expect Wade to sit a lot and for them to go around 500 the rest of the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Pretty amazing that the one big advantage the Bulls have always had over the Heat was rebounding and they won last night without Noah.

The Heat literally have nothing to play for for the rest of the regular season, I expect Wade to sit a lot and for them to go around 500 the rest of the way.
    They still want home court throughout the playoffs so they might make sure that is in check first.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    The Heat literally have nothing to play for for the rest of the regular season
    They could win their next 11 (+56) and try to make it to 67 wins. Personally I believe 66+ wins (80+%) in regular season means you dominated.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 02:39 PM ----------

Some predictions from me and Conscript from October. There were two other guys who made predictions but they don't participate in the discussion anymore so whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Heat yes, Knicks LOL. The Knicks are going to be a 7-8 seed or outside looking in. They have no depth whatsoever. Their PG spot is beyond laughable this year

Quick standings guesses
    East:
    Atlantic:
    Brooklyn*
    Philly*
    Boston*
    New York*
    Toronto*
    Central
    Indiana*
    Chicago*
    Detroit
    Cleveland
    Milwaukee
    Southeast
    Miami*
    Washington
    Atlanta
    Charlotte (buying into MKG giving that team at least enough of a work ethic boost to not be quite as lolbad as Orlando)
    Orlando

West:
    Southwest
    Memphis*
    San Antonio*
    Dallas*
    Houston
    New Orleans
    Northwest
    OKC*
    Denver*
    Portland
    Utah
    Minnesota (unless Rubio gets back much sooner than expected currently)
    West
    Lakers*
    Clippers*
    Golden State*
    Sacramento
    Phoenix
    *=playoff team

As for the West, I am incredibly excited by the prospects of Golden State. They are going to be my T-Wolves this year, the team I watch on League Pass whenever possible. They have the potential to be tremendously exciting team. I could see them knocking out one of the top three seeds (not the Lakers or OKC probably) in the first round of the playoffs. Denver is in the same boat although frankly I wouldn't be shocked if they win the division somehow. They are going to be a tremendously fun to watch team as well.

If I had to pick the Finals now it would be Heat and Lakers. No clue who wins.
    Oh we're already back from vacation guys?

West:
    1. OKC
    2. Lakers
    3. Spurs
    4. Clippers
    5. Denver
    6. Mavs
    7. Minnesota
    8. Golden State

East:
    1. Heat duhhh
    2. Boston
    3. Pacers
    4. Knicks
    5. Nets
    6. 76ers
    7. Bulls
    8. Hawks
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-03-28 at 06:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    They could win their next 11 (+56) and try to make it to 67 wins. Personally I believe 66+ wins (80+%) in regular season means you dominated.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 02:39 PM ----------

Some predictions from me and Conscript from October. There were two other guys who made predictions but they don't participate in the discussion anymore so whatever.
    Remember that time when the Lakers looked like they could be good? Fun times.
    -Still pleasantly surprised by how not terrible the Knicks are. I think they are going to lose in the second round of the playoffs, but they aren't as bad as I imagined.
    -I assumed Bynum would, you know, play ever in my Philly pick. Toronto just SMH. You'd think they would have been better. They have good pieces.
    -Jennings didn't blow up the Bucks (yet)!
    -Atlanta is going to make the playoffs which is better than I thought for sure. I stand by having the Wiz above them though. If Wall was healthy all year they'd be a playoff team. They have been surprisingly decent since he came back.
    -Charlotte is one game away from being better than Orloldo. So close!
    West:
    -Picking Memphis to usurp San Antonio was silly. I forgot the golden rule: No matter how old San Antonio gets, they just don't lose games in the regular season much because they have the best coach in the league.
    -Swap Dallas for Houston and I'm 8 for 8 in the West and only the Lakers horribly out of place. That was pre-Harden trade though so I'm going to take credit for it anyways.
    -Lakers blow mediocrely.
    -Fun Fact: I've watched like 3 Golden State games all year even though they have Draymond. Fucking West Coast teams.

So who else thinks the Knicks tank a game or three at the end here to make sure they line up against Atlanta or Milwaukee in the playoffs? If I'm the Knicks I want absolutely no part of Boston or Chicago. They will cause massive headaches for the Knicks and frankly I'd take either one over them (although to be fair I haven't watched the Knicks in like two months. I assume they still shoot a million threes and Amare got hurt again).

Got to love that Miami just won every game for two months and is still only 2 games up on the Spurs. San Antonio is a robot. A giant cowboy robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Remember that time when the Lakers looked like they could be good? Fun times.
    -Still pleasantly surprised by how not terrible the Knicks are. I think they are going to lose in the second round of the playoffs, but they aren't as bad as I imagined.
    -I assumed Bynum would, you know, play ever in my Philly pick. Toronto just SMH. You'd think they would have been better. They have good pieces.
    -Jennings didn't blow up the Bucks (yet)!
    -Atlanta is going to make the playoffs which is better than I thought for sure. I stand by having the Wiz above them though. If Wall was healthy all year they'd be a playoff team. They have been surprisingly decent since he came back.
    -Charlotte is one game away from being better than Orloldo. So close!
    West:
    -Picking Memphis to usurp San Antonio was silly. I forgot the golden rule: No matter how old San Antonio gets, they just don't lose games in the regular season much because they have the best coach in the league.
    -Swap Dallas for Houston and I'm 8 for 8 in the West and only the Lakers horribly out of place. That was pre-Harden trade though so I'm going to take credit for it anyways.
    -Lakers blow mediocrely.
    -Fun Fact: I've watched like 3 Golden State games all year even though they have Draymond. Fucking West Coast teams.

So who else thinks the Knicks tank a game or three at the end here to make sure they line up against Atlanta or Milwaukee in the playoffs? If I'm the Knicks I want absolutely no part of Boston or Chicago. They will cause massive headaches for the Knicks and frankly I'd take either one over them (although to be fair I haven't watched the Knicks in like two months. I assume they still shoot a million threes and Amare got hurt again).

Got to love that Miami just won every game for two months and is still only 2 games up on the Spurs. San Antonio is a robot. A giant cowboy robot.

Yeah they for sure don't want to see Boston ehh about Chicago unless they think Rose will come back for the playoffs though if they do play the Bulls and do win it will take a lot of energy so yeah they might not want to face them either lol. San Antonio now = Giant Cowboy Robot that is how I will refer to them now lol.

Knicks would probably beat Boston since they're riddled with injuries, but it wouldn't be pretty. Atlanta would die to Knicks. Bucks might put up a fight. Chicago would absolutely trash the Knicks lol, I wouldn't want to face them. (Although I feel like Chicago will be weird and not do as well once DRose comes back. It'll take a little bit of time for them to remesh. I think.)

Knicks last games:
    Charlotte
    Boston
    Miami
    Atlanta
    Milwaukee
    OKC
    Washington
    Chicago
    Cleveland
    Indiana
    Charlotte
    Atlanta

I can safely say the Knicks could likely lose a lot of those.

Soon we're gonna have to make some playoff predictions kukuku. But let's wait for the playoff positions to cement a little more.

Oh and:

NBA admits refs missed call that could have meant a loss for LAL. Their solution? "We're sorry."

Source.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it wasn't Kobe they would have called the foul. They give superstars the call every time just how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    If it wasn't Kobe they would have called the foul. They give superstars the call every time just how it goes.
    Yet Lebron somehow managed to bitch about calls after their loss. He always manages to make himself look like a petty whiner when things dont go his way. After winning 27 games straight you would think there would be nothing to complain about, but nope.

As a Bulls fan I have always pulled for a 1st round matchup vs the Knicks, we always play them well. I think our chances are decent vs anyone besides Miami and Indiana. Without Rose those are pretty much guaranteed losses to me. The rest I could them winning or losing. Wouldnt surprise me either way.

Of all the potential 1st round matchups I would really like to see:
    SA vs LAL/DAL (either one would be entertaining to me despite I think SA wins either in about 5 games)
    OKC vs HOU (just to see what Harden can do vs his old team)
    CHI vs NY/BOS (has the potential to be a classic series going 7 in back and forth contests)

I am also officially getting annoyed with Derrick Rose now. I know he can play. In sports if your healthy enough you go. Nobody cares about your mental state, you arent going to feel the same until you get out there. The chance he wakes up and says omg i feel like the MVP again isnt going to happen. I also hate this logic that "well you wont beat the Heat anyways so why bother" since that has nothing to do with it. First off, you never know what can happen, if they all play well could maybe have a shot. Secondly, Im pretty sure the Heat will be favorites next year too should Derrick Rose sit on the bench then too and wait for Lebron to retire? Whether the Bulls were the #1 seed or in last place if your healthy you get out there and see what you can do. Anything less is just ripping us fans off.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-03-29 at 01:43 AM.

He's taking QUITE a long time. It's understandable that he'd want extra time to recover and make sure he was really playing well, not to mention that he doesn't want to reinjure himself, just so that he can come back full force, but this is just too much. If I was a Bulls fan I'd be upset. Last 5-10 games of regular season he should be back to get into the groove and mesh with the team. At the absolute worst, if Rose isn't playing when the playoffs come, it'd be ridiculous.

I wanna see OKC vs. Houston (Harden vs. old team) or OKC vs. LAL (young vs. "old" superstar battle). In East New York vs. Nets would be cool...in the second round...

All right, fuck it. Time to make playoff predictions. I'll just do East:

1rst Round:
    1.8. Miami vs. Whoever.
    2.7. Indiana vs. Boston
    3.6. Knicks vs. Atlanta
    4.5. Nets vs. Chicago.....

4.5. is very hard. But I'm gonna say Nets win, unless DRose comes back. Call me biased if you will but I think the Nets would match up okay against Chicago.

2nd Round:
    1.4. Miami vs. Nets
    2.3. Indiana vs. Knicks

I'd liked to have said Knicks could win but I'm sure Indiana's youth would devastate old ass Knicks.

East Conference Finals:
    1.2. Miami vs. Indiana

65% Miami wins in my opinion. That's a very high % chance that Indiana wins lol. Nets only have like a 5% chance to beat Miami and Bucks have like a 10% chance.

Gotta wait for the spots to be cemented before making picks!

Nuggets vs Grizzlies could be good although I admit as a viewer my interest level isnt very high since I frankly dont give 2 shits about either of them. I just believe it could go either way although if the Nuggets have home court its hard for me to imagine them losing there, they play so extremely well at home. Whoever had home court would probably be my choice to win.

I think throughout I will be crossing my fingers that the Spurs make it to the championship. Of all the teams they have a legit chance at beating the Heat. The Thunder, Clippers, Nuggets, Grizzlies I dont see it happening.

Deleted
    My Lord, is someone watching the Heat? Lebron is 5/5 from 3pt, and had one more 2 with foot on the line, 23points in about 13min..

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 12:50 AM ----------

Edit - he just scored 5 more in the next 30sec.. 28 points in about 15min

I'm watching Knicks game, and then I'm gonna watch Brooklyn @ Denver. Should be a good game. If Nets win I'll buy into them as a decent team. (Nets aren't gonna win.)

Deleted
    Poor pelicans, gonna watch the wolves or the grizzlies instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Tim Duncan scored 34 points not bad for the old guy. Man that game got down to the wire the last few seconds was one of the better games I have seen in the last few weeks for the Spurs.

10+ Year Old Account
    as far as Florida Gulf Coast vs Miami... didnt Gulf Coast beat Miami by about 10 point back in November

College Basketball discussion can be talked about here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ketball-thread
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-03-30 at 04:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

So. LAL is out of #8 seed atm and Utah is in their place. I see.

I guess Nets will have to knock Utah down a peg tonight to help LAL out.

Dirk Nowitzki played like a beast today against the Bulls making a huge comeback to win, 14 of 17 from the field, 35 pts, including the Mavs final 8 pts which had a 3 pointer with under 3 seconds remaining when they were down 1. Clutch. Nice to see me guy playing like his ol self even if it is too little too late.