The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I understand the point, but "what if" arguments in sports are pure speculation. However, the last time this Bulls squad with Rose played a playoff series against this Heat team, Miami won in five, and I think three of those were by double digits. I think this Bulls team has learned from being forced to play without Rose. Because of that experience, I think they'll be better off next year with a presumably healthy Derrick Rose. If he had played this year, then Chicago doesn't get the experience of winning a playoff series as an underdog without him. Miami uses the strategy they employed two years ago, using Lebron as the primary defender on Rose, and doubling over when necessary because the rest of the offense was too limited to hurt them. Chicago never learned how to adjust to playing without Rose as their primary option. Maybe they adapt fast enough, maybe they don't. They probably don't employ the super physical style that took Miami out of its game plan for two games. It's a totally different series. Do the Bulls have a better chance, though? Debatable, but I suppose the pure talent of Rose gives them a puncher's chance when no one gave them a shot at all without him.
    As fas as the series 2 years ago, the Bulls won game 1 in a blowout. Game 2 was tied with 4:30 to go, game 4 went to Overtime, and we all know what happened in game 5,the Bulls were up by 12 with 2 minutes to go. I honestly don't remember game 3 much, but just by looking at the boxscore it was a 3 point game going into the 4th. Noah has improved so much since that series and Boozer is playing at least a little bit better offensively (he was no where to be found in that series). Any insuation that this current Bulls team is more threatening, or even the same realm as threatening to the Heat as a team with Rose/Deng/Hinrich is ludicrous. It's not debatable at all, it's silly.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cattywhompas View Post
    stats vs the heat (regular and playoffs) adjusted to 40 minutes per game

rose 2011-2012 + deng 2012-2013
    39/9/10 on 37% shooting

nate 2012-2013 + butler 2012-2013
    35/11/8 on 42% shooting

Defensively they are about the same, offensively the "backups" are more efficient. the bulls lack depth, their roster is constantly mismanaged by Thibodeau and that is the real problem. Their starting 5 now isn't much different than their starting 5 last year as far as production vs the heat, but they got rid of their bench from 2011 that was so good and a few of those guys were starting for playoff teams this year, they gambled on an oft injured guard when they signed rip, and it's simply not worked out. They aren't victims or had horrible luck, they've just made bad decisions and Thibs runs the team into the ground in regular season games. In today's NBA, you wanna get a top 4 seed and THEN start playing hard. That's how you win rings.
    WTF are you talking about? Derrick Rose and Nate Robinson are about the same defensively? How do you expect to have any credibility with a statement like that? You must have missed the Brooklyn series when Nate tried to guard Deron Williams and it was a complete catastrophe. The Bulls bench is BETTER this year than those years in the past, except this year what is supposed to be the Bulls bench has become our starters due to injuries and Rip basically dieing. They haven't made a single bad decision management wise other than maybe letting Omer go for nothing when they could have traded him prior to him becoming a RFA.

It's amazing how you can be so confidently wrong about everything you post.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-05-14 at 07:19 PM.

You can get as mad as you want,
    Who's mad?

EC throws all the tough guys at the heat, WC has all the pretty boys other than the grizz. They aren't going to see anything they haven't seen already, they have the most talent and they CAN HIT OPEN SHOTS THIS TIME.
    Guess the Spurs don't exist.

And I think you need to take a step back and realize that nothing you do or say affects the outcome of the games. Real life isn't a beer commercial and you aren't the Miami Heat, so stop with the US crap.
    Seriously? So people can't have fun with superstition on a sports forum? OK. Also, no one that says "us" actually thinks they are on or in any way related to the team. That's a tired old saying that I usually expect from people that aren't sports fans. You are officially no fun to talk to from just about any angle, so I'm very likely going to not read anything else you post.

Steph Curry is a volume shooter not based on efficiency. His percentages will never be good because of how many difficult long range jumpers he takes. I dont think people are saying hes the best shooter now because of how nice his percentages are, its because he has the capability to get hot and hit shots from anywhere on the floor, spot up or off the dribble. Lebron is still a average shooter at best. His FT % is the worst among any player that averages over 18 points per game (this includes several bigs like Brook Lopez).

Dallas didnt beat Miami because they played zone. They beat Miami because Lebron choked again and Dirk didnt, simple as that. If Lebron even played close to the level he did against the Bulls in the previous series or if they had an answer for Dirk defensively in the fourth quarters it wouldve been a different story. The Heat as a team didnt even play poorly offensively against the Mavericks, in fact they played better offensively in that series than they did against the Bulls yet they lost. Why? Because Dallas was able to score in more ways and Lebron got flustered/scared whatever word you want to use, has nothing to do with zone. Lebron is capable of beating zone defense without needing 3 point shooters around him, if he is being aggressive. But he never was and they collapsed under the pressure of not living up to the hype.

And LOL at thinking Nate and Derrick are the same defensively. I wonder if you have ever watched both of them play. Nate is one of the biggest liabilities on defense, not only cause of his size but he just flat out isnt good. When Derrick first came into the league, he was a terrible defender... just awful. But as he matured he became much more formidable and is now very capable and solid, miles better than Nate Robinson.

JJ Barea's dribble penetration and Dirk shooting lights out beat the heat 2 years ago. Zone defense shouldn't have given Miami as much trouble as it did. It's pretty easy to overcome with driving and kicking. The mavericks didn't even have remotely quick players and good defenses rely on speed. Dallas stole a championship that year for all I'm concerned. They had no business beating the heat.

Also everyone seems to think Miami is weak against teams with scoring bigs. I don't think so. Miami is probably the best team at fronting the post and they play up into the passer so he can't get clean passes over the defender. That allows smaller defenders to play on the bigs like Battier on Boozer this series. I don't think Hibbert will have huge success against the heat if they advance. And Lebron will probably be guarding either Zebo or Marc Gasol for that entire series. Where they can be hurt by the bigs is on offensive rebounds because they will be on the wrong side of them if a shot goes up.

WHY CAN'T THE KNICKS WIN?!?!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. STELLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

This is really disheartening guys. I knew that logically the Knicks can't beat Pacers, that's why unlike some of you scrubs I called Pacers to win the series since I know the Knicks, but part of me thought they might get hot and be able to win. It's about to be 3-1 after tonight, Knicks would be lucky to win another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy path. Pathetic. If you're a hater don't try to come across like you're some intellectual, just grow a pair, man up and say "I hate the heat because they're the best".

You're a hater, not an NBA intellectual starving for parity. Own it. Just put an asterisk by every result you don't like and roll with it.
    So fucking sick of Lebron jock holders slinging around this "hater" shit. Is that really all you have? Can people really not just dislike teams for their own personal reasons? You really tried to make me look bad, but you really come off as the dick here.

I hate bigotry. I don't like the Heat. Deal with it.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    So fucking sick of Lebron jock holders slinging around this "hater" shit. Is that really all you have? Can people really not just dislike teams for their own personal reasons? You really tried to make me look bad, but you really come off as the dick here.

I hate bigotry. I don't like the Heat. Deal with it.
    Jesus christ. I'm not even following this thread but, people like you make me sick. I feel sorry for you. Hopefully you lighten up in the future and broaden your understanding of how this world actually works and all that. Best of luck to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Jesus christ. I'm not even following this thread but, people like you make me sick. I feel sorry for you. Hopefully you lighten up in the future and broaden your understanding of how this world actually works and all that. Best of luck to you.
    Oh, you just hatin'

Indiana has looked good. Hopefully we get a decent Eastern conference finals.
    I like sandwiches

Is it too late to take that hardware back from JR Smith? Oh where, oh where has JR Smith gone?

2 years ago 1 team in the NBA played zone 30% of the time or more. Dallas. What does zone defense do? It forces you to hit jumpers and packs the lane. It's why Michael Jordan was 2nd on the dream team in scoring. You HAVE to hit jumpers vs a zone and MJ couldn't. The heat in 2011 were not built to hit jumpers and were starting a guy who wouldn't even be in the rotation this year (Bibby). They have guys who can't really get meaningful minutes this year who played a LOT last year. This team is so much deeper now that it's not funny, their weakness was lack of depth in 2011 and the inability to beat the zone. Last year they got some shooters, lebron improved another year, they were 22-5 vs teams that played zone defense 30% of the time or more, and the number of teams that went to the mavericks hybrid man/zone d is at half the NBA this year. Problem is, lebron hit 43% of his jumpers this year, same as steph curry, he is a potent shooter now. Bosh hit 47% of his jumpers. Heat were less than 1% behind GS as the best shooting 3pt team, they were #1 in overall FG% and their bench was #1 in the league in 3pt shots. They are built to beat man OR zone now. That's why you can't play a certain way and beat them like dallas did in 2011. That dallas team started a trend that miami adjusted to and there isn't much else you can throw at them at this point. They are a top offense, top defense, top shooting team and lebron and wade were #1 and #2 in paint points. They're one of the most efficient teams in NBA history, they're healthy and they've won a game in every way imaginable. NOTHING can be thrown at them that they can't adjust to. They literally have no weakness which is why they won 27 in a row, 66 overall, why their backups beat the spurs, it's why they're +15 in the playoffs, best playoff record, #1 playoff defense, etc.

You can get as mad as you want, but the heat adjust and are built to dominate the NBA right now. Beating them once is an accomplishment, bulls have done it twice in the past 50 games (nobody else has) but ask them how that matters in the playoffs. Ask them what it's like when you give your best and the other team beats you at your own game and cruises to a 3-1 lead.

EC throws all the tough guys at the heat, WC has all the pretty boys other than the grizz. They aren't going to see anything they haven't seen already, they have the most talent and they CAN HIT OPEN SHOTS THIS TIME.

If they don't win it all it would be one of the biggest NBA upsets in our lifetime. They're just too good.
    I love this post, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    I love this post, thanks.
    +1, really smart and professional post. Don't know how old cattywhompas is, but if you are young enough, may be you should try carrier in pro sport journalistic.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 04:48 PM ----------

Tonight - Closing night, OKC and the cows are going out

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's the first quarter and this game's over already. maybe the second game will be interesting.

Derek Roses's inbox (email):

I won't lie, I took a nap just now and the last 3 days are a fucking blank for me so I missed whatever was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    +1, really smart and professional post. Don't know how old cattywhompas is, but if you are young enough, may be you should try carrier in pro sport journalistic.
    If only it was accurate considering the Heats offensive proficiency improved against the Mavericks compared to their series vs the Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, it's the first quarter and this game's over already. maybe the second game will be interesting.
    How is this game over btw?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    How is this game over btw?
    Well....I wasn't expecting such a comeback. Bulls are still fighting.

Wade isn't looking too bad.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 09:42 PM ----------

Chicago is terminated. OKC about to be terminated tonight too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gogo Memphis. First conference finals ever. They'll probably end up playing San Antonio. Gonna be a good couple of finals, with Miami playing Indiana.

Deleted
    There ya go guys. See how big the difference between KD and Lebron is. The King is on another level, and tbh OKC (even without westbrook) still had better team that Lebron had with the Cavs between 2006 and 2009...

Be quiet Otyknip, KD is godmode.

Oh.

Ya I'm glad Memphis advanced but sadly I feel like they will beat Spurs. Not sure who will win between them and Miami but that's gonna be a REALLY nice matchup.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 01:39 AM ----------

Also tomorrow Knicks and Golden State will get eliminated tomorrow probably. Would be smooth so that Friday is a day off and then Sat it starts Conference Finals.