The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You only need to input your cable provider information if you try to watch something on ESPN or ESPN2. ESPN 3 should be available for everyone, minus that one section in Washington for some reason.

BTW you people without Jordan in your starting 5 must be smoking something.

PG: Magic
    SG: Michael
    SF: Lebron
    PF: Kareem
    C: Wilt

To me the only discussion to be had is the big men. It's tough for me to leave off Shaq, Russell, and especially Bill Walton. He's often forgotten because his numbers or no where near the other bigs because of injuries, but most people who saw him play will tell you there was no big man more offensively skilled than Bill Walton, ever.

Most older players wouldnt be able to be nearly as good in todays NBA with all the different rule changes and mostly the vastly superior athletes in terms of size, skill, and athleticism. Wilt most of all really just benefited from being able to sit in the lane all day, play people much shorter than him and offensive goaltend. Numbers lie when trying to compare different eras, some eras had extremely high scoring so almost all stats will be more inflated.

If it was somehow possible to time travel and take players from different eras I would bet money someone like Dwight Howard would absolutely destroy Wilt Chamberlain

Although with all that said I would take Larry Bird over Lebron James.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-06-06 at 09:48 PM.

For setting up a team I would never ever pick Wilt over Bill Russell.

Has anyone here read The Book of Basketball by Bill Simmons? It's a good read, lots of good historical basketball information in there. If nothing else it has some funny stories in it.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Most older players wouldnt be able to be nearly as good in todays NBA with all the different rule changes and mostly the vastly superior athletes in terms of size, skill, and athleticism. Wilt most of all really just benefited from being able to sit in the lane all day, play people much shorter than him and offensive goaltend. Numbers lie when trying to compare different eras, some eras had extremely high scoring so almost all stats will be more inflated.

If it was somehow possible to time travel and take players from different eras I would bet money someone like Dwight Howard would absolutely destroy Wilt Chamberlain
    Wilt also was didn't have the technology and food/supplements of today. If Wilt was born in 1985 he would be bigger,stronger, and faster then he was back then... he probably would also be a better shooter because he would of had to work on it more since the 3 second rule. Shaq dominated because he was bigger and stronger then everybody else just like Wilt did and he was a generation in front of Wilt so I think it wouldn't matter.

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 04:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    You only need to input your cable provider information if you try to watch something on ESPN or ESPN2. ESPN 3 should be available for everyone, minus that one section in Washington for some reason.

BTW you people without Jordan in your starting 5 must be smoking something.

PG: Magic
    SG: Michael
    SF: Lebron
    PF: Kareem
    C: Wilt

To me the only discussion to be had is the big men. It's tough for me to leave off Shaq, Russell, and especially Bill Walton. He's often forgotten because his numbers or no where near the other bigs because of injuries, but most people who saw him play will tell you there was no big man more offensively skilled than Bill Walton, ever.
    Jordan can't defend the 6'10 guys on my list I wanted my 5 to be big Jordan wasn't big at all 6'6 215. If I built a team with speed I would put him on there ahead of say Bird who wasn't athletic.

:O I'm so excited guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    :O I'm so excited guys.
    Same I like what I am seeing so far minus that turnover on the first play. If Spurs keep the turnovers down they win but if they turn it over 13+ times a game Heat win I kinda hope that Manu doesn't play much because he turns it over quite a bit.

Edit: Refs already helping the Heat
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-06-07 at 01:18 AM.

Okay I alt tabbed the game to come and say. First foul on Tim Duncan was fucking gay, because now he's already in foul trouble and its affecting the team. That's so stupid.

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 09:37 PM ----------

Bleacherreport chooses not to live stream this game so there's no GIF to show you guys.

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 09:51 PM ----------

Tim Duncan came in and basically made every play to change the flow of the game :O.

Damn I'm getting sleepy, they should have made this game start at 8...

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 10:16 PM ----------

Dude Tim Duncan raped that second half lol.

Although it looks like Miami will win with the way they're playing.

Umm maybe

C: Kareem
    PF: Duncan
    SF : Lebron (give him more years he will beat bird)
    SG : Jordan
    PG : Magic
    Last edited by Vvhooya; 2013-06-07 at 03:09 AM.

Will be missed ~

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you HAVE to pick a real PF then technically Duncan would be the best, but if you were starting a team I would see no reason why wouldn't just want the 2 best athletic C's of all time in the frontcourt and just dominate the boards.

Also TP9 stepping up!

lol how did tony parker get that shot up

10+ Year Old Account
    Man that was a great game and really happy my spurs won.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I missed pretty much all of the game because of the Hawks, but I did watch the possession where the Heat were down 4 with a minute left - big sigh of relief when I saw Bosh would be taking a 3 that possession.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know people are going to say I'm crazy whatever Tony Parker is the best Point Guard bar none. 3 rings 1 MVP finals makes more plays in the paint then most centers and is pretty much unguardable. I know people are going to say cp3 or rose but tell me again how many rings, finals mvps, and clutch shots do they have....ZERO.

People wont say you're crazy because they are a prisoner of the moment. Id put Parker at 2 or 3 for PGs (depending on what D-Rose looks like). Chris Paul has clutch shots but they werent deep in the playoffs a lot of it is because of his team. Parker wasnt the best player on any of the previous Spurs teams (now he is but wasnt then) and he also has the best coach easily in the NBA. Just because one player has more opportunities doesnt make them a better player.

Lebron didnt have a bad game by any means but 18 points is near his previous finals average, hes gonna need more buckets for the Heat to win this, cant be outscored by both Parker and Duncan. I also dont get why they say James can guard fives, when he was matched on Tiago he just got abused with all that size difference.

So far so good for San Antonio

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    People wont say you're crazy because they are a prisoner of the moment. Id put Parker at 2 or 3 for PGs (depending on what D-Rose looks like). Chris Paul has clutch shots but they werent deep in the playoffs a lot of it is because of his team. Parker wasnt the best player on any of the previous Spurs teams (now he is but wasnt then) and he also has the best coach easily in the NBA. Just because one player has more opportunities doesnt make them a better player.

Lebron didnt have a bad game by any means but 18 points is near his previous finals average, hes gonna need more buckets for the Heat to win this, cant be outscored by both Parker and Duncan. I also dont get why they say James can guard fives, when he was matched on Tiago he just got abused with all that size difference.

So far so good for San Antonio
    If he wasn't the best player on the spurs in 07 in the Finals against Lebron how did he get the finals MVP? Chirs Paul is a better passer but he can be shut down hell Tony Parker shuts him down all the time and still scores 25 on him. Rose has to be be best player on his team because nobody else can score on the Bulls but once Rose starts scoring everybody else on the team just watches him play (I call it the Lebron effect).
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-06-07 at 04:46 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tony is definitely a better shooter than Derrick, but Derrick is definitely quicker, stronger, better at getting to the hoop. Part of that of course is because Derrick is so much younger but *shrug*, if Derrick had Duncan/Kawhi/Manu/Green who knows how much better he would look. Impossible to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    If he wasn't the best player on the spurs in 07 in the Finals against Lebron how did he get the finals MVP? Chirs Paul is a better passer but he can be shut down hell Tony Parker shuts him down all the time and still scores 25 on him. Rose has to be be best player on his team because nobody else can score on the Bulls but once Rose starts scoring everybody else on the team just watches him play (I call it the Lebron effect).
    Just cause he got the finals MVP doesnt mean he was the better player, means he had a better series. I dont think theres any GM in the world that wouldve said theyd rather have Parker on their team over Duncan in 06-07.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Tony is definitely a better shooter than Derrick, but Derrick is definitely quicker, stronger, better at getting to the hoop. Part of that of course is because Derrick is so much younger but *shrug*, if Derrick had Duncan/Kawhi/Manu/Green who knows how much better he would look. Impossible to pick.
    Derrick is stronger but he is not quicker then Tony I posted a link so many pages ago that shows Tony running 2-3 MPH faster then Rose. The part about getting to the hoop I would say of course Rose can dunk and Parker can't/doesn't but I'm pretty sure Tony scores more in the paint then Rose. Like I said if Rose and CP3 was so much better they would have Rings by now esp Rose he has such a great team. Basketball isn't football or baseball one player changes the outcome of the game hell Rose wasn't even playing this year and Chicago got to the playoffs and even won a series.

I'd never accuse Derrick Rose of being a point guard. Hell, Allen Iverson was considered a point guard.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    Derrick is stronger but he is not quicker then Tony I posted a link so many pages ago that shows Tony running 2-3 MPH faster then Rose. The part about getting to the hoop I would say of course Rose can dunk and Parker can't/doesn't but I'm pretty sure Tony scores more in the paint then Rose. Like I said if Rose and CP3 was so much better they would have Rings by now esp Rose he has such a great team. Basketball isn't football or baseball one player changes the outcome of the game hell Rose wasn't even playing this year and Chicago got to the playoffs and even won a series.
    The fact that you say Parker has rings and Rose doesn't as justification is rather foolish. Any player on any team can win a ring, is Brian Scalabrine (1 ring) better than Karl Malone (0 rings)? Rose has only played 4 seasons so far, whereas this is Tony's 12th, so he's had way more chances. And trying to compare the Spurs team around Parker to the Bulls team around Rose is also foolish. One has a future hall-of-famer and best player in history at his position, and then on top of that Manu during the championship years was a better scorer than Rose has ever had.