10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps it was his attitude about it, and his constant "Global icon" bullshit that makes me not like him? Or him mocking Dirk for being sick during the series against the Mavs? (What a cunt move that was)
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Side note, its why Melo should get the hell out of New York. That team is years away form winning.
    .............................. :/ But we have money and skyscrapers and 2.2 people per square foot. (You might have to find a source for those first two.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Perhaps it was his attitude about it, and his constant "Global icon" bullshit that makes me not like him? Or him mocking Dirk for being sick during the series against the Mavs? (What a cunt move that was)
    You can hate Lebron. Hell, Jib just stated the other day "that piece of shit how dare he want a foul call when Mason Plumlee blocked his arm. Go home mother fucker, judges not sidin' wit you here." You can also fault him for having "The Decision" on TV. (I personally don't.) But you can't fault him for leaving a bad team.

----

I love the way on NBA.com the TNT Counter is like "3 hours till Washington/Chicago." TNT has Hawks and Indiana in like 40 mins but nooooo. No one gives a fuck about that game. No way they're advertising it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Bird, magic, duncan, and kobe all stuck it out with there teams. Shaq was a bit of an anomaly but I would pretty much lump him in with that as well.
    A few things:
    1) Duncan was very close to signing a long term contract with the Magic to team up with McGrady and Grant to form their own big three. He's gone on record admitting that he was very close to signing with the Magic, much more likely than people expected. Obviously, this never happened and credit to him to wanting to stick it out in San Antonio but they'd also recently won a championship, the front office and coach were top class, and his reasons for staying literally came down to his confidence in those aforementioned things + the support of the city of San Antonio. LeBron never had those things (aside from the last part). Have to remember Duncan's Spurs were good enough to compete with prime Kobe+Shaq Lakers.

2) Kobe demanded to be traded. Whether you believe this was a tactic to get the front office's ass in gear or if he legitimately wanted to leave is perhaps up to debate but it was a very uncertain time during that short era before Pau.

3) Magic and Bird didn't have a choice. It wasn't until 1995 when unrestricted free agency was even seriously considered once put on the table during negotiation. Several star players pushed for unrestricted free agency because they had very little agency in their movement from team to team short of teams signing, waiving or trading them. And it's not as if Magic and Bird had much to complain about; both had all-time great teams loaded with hall of famers and all-stars and were constantly meeting each other in the Finals throughout the 80s.

I think the fact LeBron had to leave to "join up with an established guy" is more ceremonial than an actual thing. As a fan of the Raptors, I know the feeling when star players just don't wanna go to your town. LeBron had to have understood this with Cleveland. I mean, they had a shot at Amare but never did it because there was no guarantee he'd stick around after the one year. They decided on JJ Hickson instead.

KG is looking really good right now.

Say whuhhh. I'm watching Nets game on Nets channel instead of NBATV and they interviewed CEO of Nets and he said:
    1. All eyes are on Brooklyn because they're the only NY team in the playoffs.
    2. They're gonna give towels and T shirts at the home game as a sign of their thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    towels AND t-shirts? Daaaaaaaaayum!

- - - Updated - - -

This is the Indiana they need to be to have any chance at all of even making it to the eastern conference finals.
    You're a towel.

Honestly that the hell happened to Hibbert?
    Is he playing well or poorly? (Notice my impeccable grammar. Most people would have said "is he playing good or bad?")

- - - Updated - - -

"Win or go home." I'm really starting to love that phrase. I should trademark it...

- - - Updated - - -

This Nets game is close. Nets are ahead by 1 with 10 mins left in game but Toronto is showing confidence so...I hope Toronto loses of course but it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up winning this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Nets/Raptors tied 3 mins left lol...

Nvm DeRozen came in with 5 fouls and dropped a 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sorry it was a 2, but he just made another so...

Looks like Indiana won and Washington/Chicago started. I missed TNT Crew analysis. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Pierce went for the winning shot and missed. :/ he talked big about his playoff experiences telling him not to be rattled and shit too. Looking like nets will lose tonight barring a miracle.

Nets down by 4 with 20 seconds left, so we're playing the foul game.

Damn these playoffs.

- - - Updated - - -

The confetti and music and festivities...you'd think these guys just won the fucking conference finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    The confetti and music and festivities...you'd think these guys just won the fucking conference finals.
    Give us a break. First playoff win since 2008. We are not some storied franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats raptors! Don't mess up my "Nets in five" prediction though or I will never forgive Canada!

- - - Updated - - -

Though it would ruin my "bulls in seven" prediction, I would really like to see this Wizards team make it to the finals. And win. I don't know why, I would just find it to be the greatest thing ever, and I can name...two of there starters off the top of my head.
    You're a towel.

The sad thing is that the Wizards could probably beat Indiana and make it to ECF. That'd make it smooth sailing for Miami into finals though.

Tomorrow:
    Miami/Hornets
    Dallas/Spurs
    Houston/Portland

I'll prob fall asleep early though and only catch Dallas spurs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Miami wins (yawn)
    Dallas wins
    Houston wins

/predictions.

That's one of the reasons why i want Lebron to go to a Western team. actually have difficult playoffs prior to the finals of the conference for once.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn. The Wizards are going home up 2-0. Can we say Chicago breakdown?

Nene has been huge for the Wiz. Didn't even know he could make that jab-step jumper.

Got away with a cheeky as hell arm grab on that jump ball near the end too.
    Last edited by jreg; 2014-04-23 at 06:24 AM.

Bulls dont have any offense and keep putting their most consistent offensive player (Dunleavy) on the bench in crucial moments for some reason. Augustine was killing the Bulls taking just flat out retarded shots, ya he hits some but most players will hit some if they are jacking it up like he was. Boozer is non exsistant as well

And that jump ball was a horrendous call to begin with. To give them the chance to jump in that situation when Taj was the only person even touching the ball while yelling for timeout makes no sense.

Its these games where the loss of D-Rose stands out so so much. They need someone they can rely on to make plays

The whole game was a clusterfuck. Classic Crawford. Think the Bulls should just throw Jimmer out there and hope for the best?

Also, perhaps something interesting to consider; if Washington ends up winning the series, gotta figure Melo is going to take a good long look at them as a potential destination too. Very promising backcourt, and he'd slot in perfectly in the frontcourt. Top 10 D with an average offense looking for that one push.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bulls would have been better off going against the HEAT then this team. Seriously I would put there odds higher against the heat then the Wizards at this point!

/cue the bulls coming back and winning in seven as I predicted.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    The whole game was a clusterfuck. Classic Crawford.

That guy needs to be fired. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

I seriously hate him and can not find a single person saying they like him.

When Noah and...some guy I don't remember were mad at each other, they were not even like fighting or even close, he jumps in and smacks both of them in the chest shoving them apart, making himself the center of attention, yet again.
    You're a towel.

I got tired and didn't see the end of that game...

Looking like Wizards are gonna take this. I won't discount the Bulls yet but it's not like the bulls are obviously better than Wizards at this point and Wizards are 2-0 with 3 home games left. (Not that home games matter so so much.)

Lamarcus Aldridge averaging 46 points a game in the playoffs lol. Well that's after 1 game but I'm interested in seeing him tonight. When I get home I'll check TNT Crew analysis.

I dont get why the Heat game is on TNT but the Spurs/Mavs is on NBATV when its a better matchup. At least Mavs have a slim chance of doing something unlike the no chance in hell the Bobcats have

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was really hoping for the Heat to play the bulls. That would have been funny.
    It's funny that the Heat are better than the Bulls? Not sure I understand what's funny there. It's more embarrassing than anything that they lost a game at home to them last season against Nate and company.